Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"You'll have to stop at some point" says DE

VanFanel1980mx

Despite the pace of the game being quite faster than it used to be a few years ago there are a number of things in this game that will outright stop you and break the pacing, in this thread we talk about those things.

• Door frame stuck: typical, you are jumping around, shooting, avoiding damage and trying to reach the next room when suddenly you just jumped on top of the door frame, if you are unlucky you will also get shot while you try to walk a few steps back to land and continue.
  • Corpus lasers: you either have to use explosives all around or risk being noticed by a camera outside of your FoV which in turn will activate the lasers and thus make you trip, in public games it can be way worse.
  • Decompression: not only is it annoying and sometimes inconsistent, it can happen multiple times in the same level.
  • Orokin devices: despite looking like things designed to make improvised cover I am convinced DE made them to stop players from going too fast.
  • Friendship doors: even in solo mode, outside of rescue missions and far from any objective.

I feel like I am forgetting some, please add them or just leave a comment, let it out of your chest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Corpus lasers: you either have to use explosives all around or risk being noticed by a camera outside of your FoV which in turn will activate the lasers and thus make you trip, in public games it can be way worse.

Public games are really the only time where this is anywhere near an actual problem in my experience,
i.e. when players rushing ahead of you trigger cameras and you run into the door lasers right as they pop into existence.

On your own, you usually have plenty of time to go through a door before the lasers even go up,
there's an audio cue to warn you ahead of time as well, plus not least you can just roll through lasers to ignore the knockdown.

11 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Decompression: not only is it annoying and sometimes inconsistent, it can happen multiple times in the same level.

Yeah this one is not just annoying, but also pretty silly, sure Corpus don't care too much about their workers' safety, but ... come on.

That said, with the "Corpus Ship" Tileset rework, I'd hope this is already getting adressed / changed to something a bit more sensible at least.

• Like 4

il y a 2 minutes, elmetnuter a dit :

Isn't that fun that that the levels are not empty corridors with no doors in between? Let's remove ramps, devices and architectures in middle of square rooms too and let's have all of this in straight path, no left or right corners.

that's the best answer 😄

Edited by Lord-Childeric
missed the citation
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, elmetnuter said:

Isn't that fun that that the levels are not empty corridors with no doors in between? Let's remove ramps, devices and architectures in middle of square rooms too and let's have all of this in straight path, no left or right corners.

If you are serious that's kind of a strawman argument.

• Like 6

So your pacing is ruined by...

Missing a jump and hitting the top of a doorframe yourself.

Not understanding that rolling exists.

Not watching where your shooting on the single tileset that has these windows.

Walking into stationary objects that move fast enough to block you if you walk over them.

And a feature that without would cause people to finish some missions without the rest of the squad so much as hearing an enemy unit.

Situational awareness goes a long way, Tenno.

• Like 4

I gotta say....players ideas of obstacles are fascinating on how diverse they are.

This reminds me of a friend that was watching me play Castlevania SotN and when I went upstairs and to the left after progressing right for a few tiles said, "wait, you can go in different ways? That's too much work in a game." They were a straight forward platformer ala Mario games.

One person's obstacle is another's fun run hurdle.

• Like 1

Corpus Windows: dosen’t matter what AOE you use, if it’s a wide AOE burst or just a normal AOE burst, they would get destroyed. Plus enemies will destroy it too (Corpus/Grineer can do that). Hoping for the Corpus Ship Rework, the Doors would lock in a more logical way than “breaking Windows”.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, elmetnuter said:

I too would like to just fly through a tube without thinking about traversing the map. Also if the enemy would stop moving about so much and would sit still so I could shoot them that'd be nice. 

As it is stopping progress and locking Warframes in a room makes sense from the standpoint of the opposition, as well as having to choose what weapons to bring along on a ship. Think about being a corpus commander when a Warframe is let loose on your ship to butcher your men, it only makes sense to lock as many bulkheads as possible. Be glad exterminate missions don't turn into survival since they could just as easily vent atmosphere to kill your unprepared Warframe while the enemy has environment suits. 

3 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Corpus Windows: dosen’t matter what AOE you use, if it’s a wide AOE burst or just a normal AOE burst, they would get destroyed. Plus enemies will destroy it too (Corpus/Grineer can do that). Hoping for the Corpus Ship Rework, the Doors would lock in a more logical way than “breaking Windows”.

I'd like to know who the maniac is that put breakable glass windows on a space ship. Some sci fi stuff I've seen has transparent steel or other such strong materials that doesn't shatter easily, and is also layered to prevent shattering. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

I'd like to know who the maniac is that put breakable glass windows on a space ship.

Are they glass though? I mean, put some mods on your Boltor and a simple metal bolt gets some high tech coating that can instantly corrode armour, cause an explosion and simultaneously remain intact to nail that poor grineer to the wall. The windows could be reinforced plasti-steel for all the good it would do against some of the weapons in my arsenal. 

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

I'd like to know who the maniac is that put breakable glass windows on a space ship. Some sci fi stuff I've seen has transparent steel or other such strong materials that doesn't shatter easily, and is also layered to prevent shattering. 

It's the Corpus. They outsourced the glass to the lowest bidder.

Worth noting that Tenno apparently make use of some sort of "Transparent Steel" if the viewports on the Orbiter and Railjack are any indication.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Dee Dubbalyoo said:

Are they glass though? I mean, put some mods on your Boltor and a simple metal bolt gets some high tech coating that can instantly corrode armour, cause an explosion and simultaneously remain intact to nail that poor grineer to the wall. The windows could be reinforced plasti-steel for all the good it would do against some of the weapons in my arsenal. 

Those other materials would bend and possibly have a fracture, but not shatter like glass would. And usually have armored covers that activate the moment there's a hull breach. 

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

It's the Corpus. They outsourced the glass to the lowest bidder.

Worth noting that Tenno apparently make use of some sort of "Transparent Steel" if the viewports on the Orbiter and Railjack are any indication.

I suppose cutting corners and saving credits would add up. Even in space corporations will still save what pennies they can. 

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

If you are serious that's kind of a strawman argument.

Wellcome to the WF forums, where any no-brainer suggestion for improving the game is treated as heresy of the highest order by a legion of white knights and relentlessly mocked with the most obnoxiously trollish 'logic' imaginable. And of course the mods do precisely nothing about this toxicity.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

vor 1 Stunde schrieb elmetnuter:

this is called hell. most will be here later. so you don’t need to speed it up. I am not even joking. 😉

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Door frame stuck:

I've done this many times, and never died while getting down form the doorframe, even under heavy fire. easiest solution os to make doorframes flush with the wall, or not count as a solid surface so you can't jump on them (not like you would ever need to anyway).

Corpus lasers:

some frames have ways of avoiding it: Wukong's cloud, Limbo's Rift, Rhino's Iron skin etc. or you know.. just roll. worst that can happen is losing your shield.

Decompression:

watch your fire as best you can, and carry Ciphers to deal with the lockdown faster.

Orokin devices:

really? you can spot them on the floor a mile off and they are ALWAYS in the centre. go around them.

Friendship doors:

it does make sense that the enemy would lock doors leading to more important areas...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Wellcome to the WF forums, where any no-brainer suggestion for improving the game is treated as heresy of the highest order by a legion of white knights and relentlessly mocked with the most obnoxiously trollish 'logic' imaginable. And of course the mods do precisely nothing about this toxicity.

The problem is here OP is only pointing out things that can be avoided if you're careful enough. Don't bring explosive weapons onto parts of ships that have glass windows. Look for blue lasers so you can destroy cameras. Orokin devices expose weaknesses, and they're in the middle of a room or hallway so they're not good cover. Friendship doors are a good indicator to one zippy team member to slow the fu** down and remind them there's a team and that they can't just blow through a mission even faster. Capture missions could be all of a minute if the maps didn't stop you from time to time. And on higher levels it's a decent chance to catch your breath, reload, and regenerate health and energy.

Would you defend them taking out the magnetic Grineer doors and making this game even easier? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

The problem is here OP is only pointing out things that can be avoided if you're careful enough. Don't bring explosive weapons onto parts of ships that have glass windows. Look for blue lasers so you can destroy cameras. Orokin devices expose weaknesses, and they're in the middle of a room or hallway so they're not good cover. Friendship doors are a good indicator to one zippy team member to slow the fu** down and remind them there's a team and that they can't just blow through a mission even faster. Capture missions could be all of a minute if the maps didn't stop you from time to time. And on higher levels it's a decent chance to catch your breath, reload, and regenerate health and energy.

Would you defend them taking out the magnetic Grineer doors and making this game even easier? 

The glass windows are just a complete joke. Any melee attack within 5 meters breaks them, stray bullets and abilities break them, heck, I think your bullet jump is enough damage to destroy them. Devices like cameras and traps are fine as they can be destroyed, but this game is still filled with loads of ancient mechanics that are not serving any purpose anymore. The Gas City tile is amazing with proper level design and verticality. The Kuva Fortress however, in my opinion is filled with too many objects and collision points. You can reach a compromise of flow and detail, and many areas of the game have that. However, there are plenty of mechanics and levels that are horrendous to traverse through.

Friendship doors are awful without exception, and this has been discussed time and time again. I have yet to see a good reason for keeping them in the game.

I don't completely agree with OP, but I definitely agree that there is a list of things that need to just be ridden of from the game. Friendship doors are at the top of that list for me next to corpus glass windows.

Edited by Voltage

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

The glass windows are just a complete joke. Any melee attack within 5 meters breaks them, stray bullets and abilities break them, heck, I think your bullet jump is enough damage to destroy them. Devices like cameras and traps are fine as they can be destroyed, but this game is still filled with loads of ancient mechanics that are not serving any purpose anymore. The Gas City tile is amazing with proper level design and verticality. The Kuva Fortress however, in my opinion is fill with too many objects and collision points. You can reach a compromise of flow and detail, and many areas of the game have that. However, there are plenty of mechanics and levels that are horrendous to traverse through.

Friendship doors are awful without exception, and this has been discussed time and time again. I have yet to see a good reason for keeping them in the game.

The only reason I can see is if someone specs for speed rather than health, shields, and armor they can get to extraction without firing a shot or killing anything. Leaving the rest of the team to deal with the enemies. 

Glass windows on a ship is a silly thing in general. I wouldn't mind if they went, but at the same time it's just a minor inconvenience rather than being a game breaking thing. A Corpus ship tile set change would be nice though. Maybe if the glass windows broke but had an automatic timer so armored covers would deploy automatically. Though it could be worse, decompression could suck your Warframe into space. I think that would be even worse. 

I can entirely agree with Kuva fortress being a muddled mess of a map. Most other maps are nice and straight forward, KF likes to throw some weird janky twists in for no real reason. Some small gaps that look like you could slide or bullet jump through end up being far too solid. Jupiter is fun but the missions take a bit too long for me, plus my Lich decided to take up residence there. Kuva fortress is a pretty meh map to traverse, Jupiter is very good. 

Edited by (XB1)Red Dough Boy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

The only reason I can see is if someone specs for speed rather than health, shields, and armor they can get to extraction without firing a shot or killing anything. Leaving the rest of the team to deal with the enemies. 

Glass windows are a silly thing in general, illogical for ship too. I wouldn't mind if they went, but at the same time it's just a minor inconvenience rather than being a game breaking thing. A Corpus ship tile set change would be nice though. 

When you've played the same mission type thousands of times, sometimes doing something outside of the objective isn't what you want to accomplish, so you run by.

"Minor inconvenience" is what all these things are. It's not the end of the world to have to use friendship doors. Neither is hacking a console to re-open doors. However, these inconveniences break the flow of gameplay and don't serve any positive purpose being in the game. I don't agree with removing most traps like some people might want. Traps are good to keep awareness up and are easily disabled/destroyed, but some of these things just have no place in the game anymore.

Edited by Voltage