Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"You'll have to stop at some point" says DE

VanFanel1980mx

3 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Acrobatics exist. 
Sadly, every object model in the game for some odd reason, has a ledge or lip on it which slows movement. Path of Exile had this problem with Cyclone for years, where you'd get stuck on a grain of sand. 
DE is obviously aware since they opened up Jupiter's gas city tiles, allowing full use of acrobatics. I appreciate your sarcasm but you're out of your element, elmetnuter.

The Grineer's galleons, with their submarine type of corridor, while annoying, are not game breaking in my opinion. They impose a certain oppressing risk-reward movements and they have plenty of natural cover to play with. I understand the OP concerns but I thought that sarcasm was a stronger suit than my will to take it seriously (letting the serious people answer and devise), as I thought the post was lacking a more serious ledge to step on.

I appreciate your pun very much.

25 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Acrobatics exist. 
Sadly, every object model in the game for some odd reason, has a ledge or lip on it which slows movement. Path of Exile had this problem with Cyclone for years, where you'd get stuck on a grain of sand. 
DE is obviously aware since they opened up Jupiter's gas city tiles, allowing full use of acrobatics. I appreciate your sarcasm but you're out of your element, elmetnuter.

Yep, I suspect the game's engine makes colliders from geometry without any additional coding, the problem is how that's a bad idea, when I was tampering with Zero Editor in Battlefront II Classic I learned a thing or two about how your props always need more simple and effective collision boxes as to not complicate things, the easiest to explain would be a set of stairs, you would stutter and glitch on a set of stairs in certain engines if you relied on geometry alone for collision, instead you were supposed to add a ramp shaped collider for instance. In WF a ton of objects which are merely aesthetic shouldn't have collisions, loose cables and some pipes to name a few, some stuff like tunnels need cones and ramps to allow other entities like NPCs and players to interact with them without getting stuck but as you may be able to see in your usual gameplay it isn't uncommon for the AI to even get stuck between props, this also requires additional AI colliders which I just wonder how they look in WF's level editor.

45 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Acrobatics exist. 

Thats due to the older TS's being designed around a completely different movement system. The way things move now was not how Warframe used to be. Rather, its a result of a bug with a serten set of 2 handed axes that, that became so common for people to use, if they just went and fixed it, it would have changed game play for a LOT of players. So, when they fixed it, they also brought in what we have now. As such, older TS's are not as compatible with the movement as they could be.

57 minutes ago, elmetnuter said:

The Grineer's galleons, with their submarine type of corridor, while annoying, are not game breaking in my opinion. They impose a certain oppressing risk-reward movements and they have plenty of natural cover to play with. I understand the OP concerns but I thought that sarcasm was a stronger suit than my will to take it seriously (letting the serious people answer and devise), as I thought the post was lacking a more serious ledge to step on.

I appreciate your pun very much.

I like you 🙂

I've learnt to deal with all of these stops and I don't mind either, except
Friendship doors and Elevators. Liches the nemesis? Please. Tenno's nemesis' are the elevators.
I love one single elevator in corpus tile that has a shaft near it, letting you skip waiting for an elevator- all elevators should have that option, no exception.