Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible account ban due to inactivity?

TheSlavSQuat

Question

I stopped playing around December, and wont play until August, so i was wondering is banning accounts for inactivity a thing, i have 2FA enabled and havent used my password anywhere else besides my PC, so i think someone hacking my account is unlikely and getting me banned that way.

10 answers to this question

Seeing that you have 2FA on, and the fact that you could log into your account, the chance of being hacked is very low. As hackers usually change the password.

My best bet is a fault flag from bots. It's plausible and happen from time to time in warframe. Luckily DE is always willing to spend time investigating accounts. Feel free to submit a request and see if the support would revert the ban (might take a week). Note that they are not obliged to explain what happened.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Edited by SHArK-FiN

Your Account may be deactivated if you do not use your Account within twelve months after the date that it was created

or for any continuous period of twelve months after creation. If you do not use your Account for twelve or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will endeavor to use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your Account, unless we are deleting your User ID for a violation of these terms or discontinuation of the Service. However, we will not be liable in any manner for any failure to give notice. If you advise us within five days of the notice that you want to keep your Account active, we will not delete it. If you do not so notify us, your Account may be permanently deleted, along with your User ID, records, ranks and service information. Please note that regardless of any notice, Digital Extremes reserves the right to discontinue the Use/Service or to terminate or suspend your account at any time in its sole discretion for any reason, or for no reason.

Ref: https://www.warframe.com/terms  Bolding are my edits. 

as a general rule the only way an Account can appear banned 'just for inactivity' would be if there are numerous attempts to login to an Account that don't match the pattern of the Account holder. such as if an Account had logged in exclusively from one location in the world for its entire existence and then suddenly there were numerous Login attempts from a completely different area of the world.
in those situations Accounts can be locked down for security reasons, but this is just a temporary measure if it happens, talk with Support and the lockdown can be lifted.

but not just for not logging in.

12 hours ago, Pinegulf said:

-snip-

for posterity, this mostly refers to Usernames - Accounts that are considered as definitely inactive will be considered for Username requests, for when someone requests a Username that is already in use. 
Accounts do get deleted from time to time for such types of requests, if the Account that holds a name already is considered to be 'definitely inactive and not coming back'.