Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Warframe: Hardware Failure Detected

captain_deadfoot

Hi there, I am getting this crash event on a nearly daily basis and it is driving me nuts. Is there any way to narrow it down? It lists 6 possible points of failure but doesn't specify which. No other game or program crashes on me like this. I've gone over the list; not overclocked, updated drivers, optimize cache, reinstalled game, running system monitor nothing is overheating, ram & drives checked out ok. Only thing i havent tested is my power supply (not sure how to check it for problems)

Any suggestions? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same problem since Update 26, and checked all possible causes to no avail. Some other games that are far more demanding on my system won't cause any issues at all. Just yesterday tried a fresh reinstall and the problem still persist.

If the PSU was the issue you would most likely experience a sudden reboot due to lack of sufficient power.

Sorry I have no solution, but know you're not the only one.

• 3 weeks later...

Been having the same exact issue since yesterday... I just had updated my graphic card drivers, and now it won't even load to the login screen, just a black screen with the benchmark shown on the bottom left (where I use them to check performance) stuck to 0 and then crash and immediately send me to the infamous "hardware failure" page.

EDIT: guys I solved the issue... what I had to do was to get in the control panel of my screen, then from the 3d settings deactivate all the settings I had for WF, then I re-optimized the game (I run a Nvidia, so I have the geforce Xperience programe to do that) and the game worked fine. Try that if you can...

Edited by animanera89
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-26 at 9:13 AM, animanera89 said:

Been having the same exact issue since yesterday... I just had updated my graphic card drivers, and now it won't even load to the login screen, just a black screen with the benchmark shown on the bottom left (where I use them to check performance) stuck to 0 and then crash and immediately send me to the infamous "hardware failure" page.

EDIT: guys I solved the issue... what I had to do was to get in the control panel of my screen, then from the 3d settings deactivate all the settings I had for WF, then I re-optimized the game (I run a Nvidia, so I have the geforce Xperience programe to do that) and the game worked fine. Try that if you can...

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
В 26.03.2020 в 17:13, animanera89 сказал:

You are a godsent. Thank you!

I have been suffering from this error forever now. For the first time today I was thankfully able to play without the game crashing. I’m surprised this solution is not listed with the the page that opens up after the fail. DE if you are reading this, please add this approach!

I got it of searching the net a lot! I had to run a diagnostic and then check my system logs. It showed that there was an error before WF crashed (I’ll try to find the link so everyone benefits) I traced that error to an issue other players faced and this is how they solved it and it worked for me (note that I have taken all the measures at once and enabling things one by one to see the real culprit. I tried windowed mode with 60hz and disabled razer apps and underclocked my CPU and GPU. Today I took step 2 and enabled full screen and 144 and it’s working fine so far):

1. Launch Warframe, and in the "Warframe Launcher," click the Gear icon in the upper right-hand corner. Uncheck Full Screen and DirectX 10. Close Warframe.

2. Delete f.textureDx9.cache (steps above from jayjay). Launch Warframe to redownload correct file.

3. Click Verify button in Launcher to make sure it's ok.

4. I have an MSI video card, so I used a program called "MSI Afterburner" and underclocked my video card. I made the Core Clock and Memory Clock -100, which is apparently low enough that the game is not able to crash the video card anymore. I do not know if MSI Afterburner works with all video cards, or just MSI video cards, but I couldn't make it more than 30 minutes without a crash, but I played for two hours today with no crashes, doing multiple missions solo and in a group!

Really hope this works for everyone and that DE will take note for future reference, if someone can directly send this to DE please do. Please pass this on to others with the same issue 🙏🏻.

Happy hunting tenno.

(Update): The link for the software was to check if the memory had any issues, it’s irrelevant in this case. After the crash open up “event viewer” and check the error type, in our case it was “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered”.

(update 2): The game crashed several times after enabling full screen and 144hz.. back to windowed mode.. I uninstalled Razer cortex and will try full screen mode later to see if that was an issue. 

(Update 3): seems like the culprit is that I didn’t keep my GPU and Processor voltage new settings as the default values. I tried a few sessions and it seemed stable, all razer apps are back and the game’s settings is default except for the refresh rate and resolution (144hz and 2840x1080? Can’t remember atm). Hope this is the last time I battle with this crash.. stay safe Tenno 

(Final update): few days later and the game runs as intended. Finally running ESO and Eidolon hunts without fear of crashing and losing my progress.

hope people who face the same issue find my comments .

Regards

Edited by itcsr
Final update to my comment
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also running 144hz 3440x1440p.
Hardware:
Ryzen 7 3700x

NVIDIA GTX 1080

16gb 3200Mhz DDR4 Ram

750W PSU

I'm not overclocking or anything like that. Could you expand on the following?

On 2020-05-25 at 12:39 PM, itcsr said:

seems like the culprit is that I didn’t keep my GPU and Processor voltage new settings as the default values

This issue went away for me after i blew out my PC with an air compressor. Maybe it was an overheating issue with my video card? It was pretty caked. Not sure if that was it but I havent had the crash since I did that in mid March (i think) and we are now halfway through june. 

On 2020-05-25 at 9:39 PM, itcsr said:

I made the Core Clock and Memory Clock -100, which is apparently low enough that the game is not able to crash the video card anymore. I do not know if MSI Afterburner works with all video cards, or just MSI video cards

I tried this out and now it works, thanks! And yes you can use MSI afterburner with non MSI videocards also.

• 3 years later...
On 26.03.2020 at 17:13, animanera89 said:

am olarak aynı sorunu yaşıyorum... Grafik kartı sürücülerimi yeni güncelledim ve şimdi giriş ekranına bile yüklenmiyor, yalnızca sol altta gösterilen kıyaslama ile siyah bir ekran (onları kullandığım yer) Perf