Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

As someone who used to use channeling with life strike and the old Exodia Valour, along with Inaros & 2 arcane grace, I can't say I'm a fan of some of these recent & incoming changes. The stated purpose is to encourage variety in builds, but seemingly I could be stuck with Hirudu, winds of purity on a Furis (!) or a Hema. I'm not sure what else is out there, probably because I'm a very lazy player. The rest of it seems good, though, status changes will be very interesting, Infested enemies needed a buff, and as for shield gating I might just have to remember what having to rely on shields is actually like. Looking forward to the graphics changes too.

Most of arcane changes are good but Energize and Grace should not changed(they are useful and not too powerful).

Their usage will reduce anyway with other arcanes starting to be useful.

100x Restore Blueprints (Scaling Costs). - Please include cyphers in that, i use them much more often than restores.

Or maybe even give us queues of 10-20 stacksable slots for building?

The Arcane changes need to be careful not to give those of us who ground out drops or traded with plat earned a huge middle finger. I am open to experiencing before casting scathing critique but I'm quite weary of some of the changes to some the defensive arcanes and the no go on doubling up clauses (cannot re-trigger while active).

I have 2 full sets of almost all the Arcanes I use but only double up on a hand full of my loadouts. I already partake in the variety you want but this could be a huge spit in my face considering I got the 2 full Arcane Energize sets when they were near peak price. Already had to deal with you just handing them out, which to a degree I didn't mind. But if you're making doubling up on sets a no go then you need to give up some compensation because of the time investment you're choosing to disregard.

If your solution is that we should sell up it should be noted that while it does compensate for plat (at current market value) it does little for the vast time investment for farming multiple Full Sets.

Like I said, open to experiencing before casting scathing critique. But I hope you have considered the time investment of players and their return of investment while making these changes.

• Like 1

Maybe what they could do is add a "Reckless Shot" mod that reinstates self-damage for a Primed-Chamber-esque damage buff.

Cuz let me give you a brief preview of how removing self-damage is going to go: Everyone who liked launchers is pissed and stops using them, the meta-wagoners use them for a couple weeks and gradually get tired of the stagger like how Quick Thinking is a mod-non-grata for having the slightest goddamned stumble possible on huge hits, and then in the long term nobody uses launchers and just starts complaining about how "self-stagger has no place in Warframe!".

Going to be honest here... all I took away from the devstream was four things.

1 - basically railjack isn't popular so they're opening it up to newbies to try and bump up numbers.... might work in the short term but lets be honest newbies could already join 'veterans' and most veterans don't actually like being paired with under prepared newbies.... yay we get 2 instant finish drones if we're the vets that were 'early adopters' which is quite funny when those same 'early adopters' are the ones that have likely farmed the railjack missions to death already (or got bored of them) ....

2 - a lot is being changed on 'stuff' (some of which I don't see the need for and/or feel isn't right for the game) and it seems that all we're getting as 'compensation' is a weekend of affinity booster to 'fix' the builds we've already invested time and forma on when anyone who plays the game knows that a weekend is not enough time to do thorough testing etc, especially with this size of change.... I honestly feel like it's more about selling affinity booster and forma packs. 

3 - irony in comment about not wanting to make the grind excessive for arcanes then making them need 5 levels for maxed levels rather than just 'buffing' rank 3.... excess could always be traded. 

4 - I hope DE have their sums right and just explained it poorly because I'm sure I heard them saying that the total status chance on shotguns was going to be divided by the number of pellets for individual pellet status chance which means that we'd end up with worse status chance if we add multishot due to having more pellets....

edit: Actually thought of a fifth one... why would anyone use chroma now it can't get a self damage buff so it's main use is being wiped out and the rest of his kit is in all honesty pretty useless....

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Slash Status now does not bypass Shields and instead deals damage over time to Shields. Slash Status still bypasses Armor. 
  • Toxin Damage used to apply to Armor with a 25% bonus. Now it is neutral. For role distinction, Toxin bypasses Shields (but not Armor) where as Slash Status bypasses Armor but not Shields. 

I do want to say that I'd, personally, really like if we could get some revision to modding / innate elements in weapons to match this. It's kind of weird that Slash and Toxin are effectively parallel, but one is innate (and far more frequent!) while the other is a primary element. Compare, e.g., Magnetic and Corrosive and Viral, all of which lower EHP values (of some sort and in some way) and are all secondary elements.

Also:

Arcane Detoxifier [UNRELEASED]:
On Rank 5: 
102% chance to resist a Toxin Damage effect

Isn't this Arcane Resistance? Is this meant to do something else?

Edited by Tyreaus
Detoxifier Duplicate!

I am concerned that removal of self damage did not bring enough penalty to using such strong weapons.

Because for every node in start chart explosive weapons will be most efficient, because everything in your vicinity is dead you will not suffer any penalty cause of stun and people who do not play explosive weapons will not see anything because of all thew clutter of explosions.

I do like the change for explosive weapons but that makes 300 other weapons feel that much worse because you need to aim and shoot multiple times for multiple enemies. I do not like encouraging as braindead of a gameplay as possible and I sure hope that penalty to movement we saw in dev stream will be increased and that there will actually be a drawback to using such weapon.

Making meta into eye clutter with Mirage mains does not seem like an appealing gameplay proposal to me. And fix that devalues majority of weapons in this game does not really sound like a fix to me. Feel like shield gate alone would be enough, maybe add exilus version of "Quick Thinking" for explosive weapon, but flat out making them the best choice by far sounds like a really bad idea imho.

Again, I do hope knockdown penalty is severe and disruptive enough to encourage players not to run like chickens and just shoot at their feet, aiming is already at a huge disadvantage in Warframe and I do not feel we need more of encouragement to spam buttons and let broken warframes and braindead explosive or aimbot weapons carry us trough the mission.

I do agree with power fantasy, but I'd also prefer more than one class of weapons being usable and me having to reduce special effects to 0 just so I can see what in the ever living #*!% is going on in those 3000 explosions every second does not sound anything like fun for me and it CERTAINLY does not sound good for new player retention as they will get to experience even less of shooter.

Feel like it devaues "co-op" part of the game really.

• Like 1

... I'm honestly super thrilled about these changes. A nice shaking up of the meta in a positive way! (And in a way that makes my more casual build even the tiniest bit more viable.) Plus, it sounds like this might make certain aspects I struggled with personally (trying to join the One Game To Win, for instance) much easier on me. And I'm really giddy over status stacking, very much looking forward to seeing how much radiation I can stuff into a single shot. 😄Not to mention Hitpoint values being... well, nicer, and less likely for a Bursa during Arbitrations to blind me and for my vision to clear with me in pieces on the floor. It's clear you folks but a lot of thought and discussion into these changes! 

The only thing I'm a little wary is how bumpy this shift might be when first implemented. Updates... never go 100% smoothly here, so I hope there's some stuff on reserve handy, safety nets and feedback response at the ready. But considering the forethought here, I don't doubt you folks for a minute about this. So, full steam ahead and all that, but please be careful on these new and freshly paved roads.

First of all thank you for listening us addressing issues and keep improving the game you are the best DE 

Now there are some issues I want to address firstly there is no mentioning about pets 2.0 here are those changes delayed for a later date or you just didn't want to mention it again here since you already talked it about previous devstream 

Second issue I am seeing currently rank 3 Arcane Guardian gives +600 armor by %20 on damaged and how come rank 5 Arcane Guardian gives same amount armor by lower %15 chance 

Another issue I have is I haven't used double stacking arcanes as much because I didn't even know that some arcanes double stack for a long time so after I complete 1 full set of each arcane I mostly sold other extra arcanes for platinum to the other players before but now with you are adding two more ranks I really don't want to go back to a grind I have already went through can't you just make like all existing rank 3 arcanes to rank 5 when this update drops 

Since scarlet spear comes with squad link it will basically link 8 players to a mission and with rewards being arcanes it seems like some sort of raid and can we expect little duck to bring back those really cool looking shoulder emblems/sekharas( I guess that's what it was called) for the players who missed raids 

Lastly can you fix commodore prime operator suit's (the one came with zephyr prime access) wraistbelt. It is broken since 2018 operator remodelling and it's been bugging me and the players who owns the suit ever since the top end of the chain doesn't clip where it should be wraistbelt itself has become too large and the circle attached to wraistbelt cuts through operators left leg whenever operator stants amp equiped stance or walks and I have been waiting for this to be fixed for 1.5 years so please DE make it happen I think me and other players who owns this suit waited too long for this

7 минут назад, Psychatix сказал:

Arcanes are not a NECESSITY

Warframe is not a NECESSITY, y'know. You(me, someone else) having an access to the internet is not a necessity. Do you see where I'm going? It's a very weak argument to say that someone should not voice their complaints because something they're complaining about isn't a necessity. For someone it is. Someone spent their time, effort and, sometimes, money to get what they needed. These changes will devalue their efforts and you are trying to justify this devaluation with shabby argument that something isn't a necessity.

And before you say that I didn't read your post, I did, and Angstrum and Kulstar would like to have a word or two with you to convey a thought that no, rivens don't make bad weapons viable. They may make them tolerable at best.

"Git gud" is another weak argument, by the way.

• Like 1

Vauban feedback:

As a player who never used this frame before his rework I now find myself using him all the time. The new armor value is greatly appreciated. 

I would like to also see some kind of timer/timers or count number of how many mines are out and what the remaining time is for at least the first one thrown. (Power 2).

Like many Vauban players have said in other threads I also agree that the vector pads seem to be the least useful. They require too specific a map layout to be useful for crowd control. I can't think of one time where I used it for an enemy or the overdriver for an ally. 

Grenade feedback:

Great change. Why can't warframes also use them or at least throw back the enemy grenades?

Edited by ShadarVieth

10 minutes ago, Emperrier said:

Maybe what they could do is add a "Reckless Shot" mod that reinstates self-damage for a Primed-Chamber-esque damage buff.

Cuz let me give you a brief preview of how removing self-damage is going to go: Everyone who liked launchers is pissed and stops using them, the meta-wagoners use them for a couple weeks and gradually get tired of the stagger like how Quick Thinking is a mod-non-grata for having the slightest goddamned stumble possible on huge hits, and then in the long term nobody uses launchers and just starts complaining about how "self-stagger has no place in Warframe!".

Accuracy tier: Enemy level 900

Or the meta-wagoners keep using them and we have the old awful-meta Tonkor back in action with only a difference in being bounced down off your feet instead of up into the air when you body-check an enemy with it. Either way, a bad change.

Vauban Armor:

Facts: Vauban’s Base Armor is changing from 50 to 150, and Vauban Prime is changing from 100 to 200. 

Why: A minor bump in survivability if your CC or strategies fail you!

Honestly one more thing that could use changes is Vector Pad and how... pointless it is in current Vauban kit, and to don't be empty-worded i have an idea for a rework/replacment ability

Vector Barrier/Pad
it would be double mode ability like Bastile is now, but needing to go interact with it to change mode

Default mode would be Vector Barrier, it could be similar in appearance to Volts barrier,and duration limited instead of health, but similarities end here, when enemies shot at it it deflect their shots at them(basically damage mirror but if 100% reflected damage is considered OP can be reduced or dependent on power strength), when they try to run trough it, it repels them and when players run trough it they got speed buff

Second mode would be Vector Pad, in this mode players standing on it receive both speed boost and jump height boost, while enemies trying to enter the area of pad get ragdolled out of it(it would be much bigger than current form and maybe to be affected by ability range)

In this way one ability have a lot of defensive potential that Vaubans Kit really needs considering how strongly his kit enforces stationary defensive play style yet none of the abilities gives him strong defense from damage, and lack of any numbers is to let it be balanced from being "OP" by setting these, also made sure to keep all the aspects of ability along theme of "vectors" of different forces and changing them

Edited by AVSManfred
  • Like 1

Generally pretty awesome. S curve for armor is great, aim changes great, railjack changes good, sentinel QoL good, excavator health scaling... finally. Same for item labels! 100%+ status could be interesting. Grenade markers should finally reveal those invisible one-shots at high level. And anything to speed up murmur farming is good.

The only negative things I have to say:

1) Chroma needed a rework before. Now removing self damage it's pretty desperate. Chroma rework next, please?

2) Status procs... impact, specifically.
"For example, AOE knockdown would occur on a second Impact Status on an enemy already inflicted with one! "
Please no. People already avoid impact proc weapons because the proc causes enemy models to twitch and you miss half your shots. If you want impact to be useful, could we have it be a stun?

AoE stun would be awesome. AoE knockdown is just another thing slowing down the experience to be avoided.

3) Arcane Aegis change. The rest of them seem reasonable. But could you clarify the Aegis change?
Looking at the math... if it's 30% of max shields, e.g. 1000 shields = 300 regen/sec. That's pretty great.
If it's +30% to base regen.... 1000 shields is 65/sec regen. +30% is +19.5/sec
That would be a significant nerf from the current flat 60/sec *plus* triggers regen.
The % proc chance dropping from 6% to 3% seems odd as well, especially in light of Barrier being buffed. Is that a typo or just weird balance choices?

I'm suspecting you've amended this to +regen so it doesn't trigger constantly regenerating shields to prevent issues with shield gating, right? However Arcane Aegis is one of the only things keeping current shields viable at all. Which is still not very.
Will reserve judgement until it's live but initial thoughts have gone from excited for potential shield buffs to apprehensive that shields will be even less useful than before.

The other argument is if shields relied on a single arcane to be worth anything then further buffs are necessary. I still feel like it's a mistake to have one health pool covered by a form of DR you can increase (armor mods) and the other unmoddable. For shields you can increase regen or capacity, but never direct damage resistance. There's still something you could add there. For example, just throwing things out there - native adaptation with effect increased by modding. Regen delay reduction mods. Flat +resistance % mods for shields. etc

Edited by CoreWolf

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

I was going to say you just need to git stronk, but looking at your profile, you should already be. I'm not sure what the problem is, I think you need to change your approach to them.

I don't have a problem killing lvl 5 liches, I just don't want to be bothered to when there's no reason to (apart from getting the most attempts off of liches, or leveling gear). Doing survival or defense is just easier when all the enemies are lower lvl, even in a group, and especially if not everyone in the group is geared for it. I'm not saying there is any problem, I'm saying it works as is and there are very easy ways to accomplish what you want without changing it. If the change suggested is implemented then they will have to MR lock lichs since they will inevitably always get ranked up to 5 before they can be killed, unless you get extremely lucky on your early guesses.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

That doesn't help at all if you want to play with specific friends and your respective lich territories don't happen to overlap.

If that's the only way you farm lichs (i.e. grouping with specific friends and wanting to aggro your lich constantly) then sure. But I don't think everyone should be forced to do it that way, by which I mean you shouldn't have to constantly aggro your lich.  The way I've done it has never taken me more than 2 hrs per lich or more than 4 attempts. Also, the way it is now actually allows undergeared players to contribute to the process and then be able to kill their own lich without leeching because all the enemies are sortie lvl+ and they can't hack it. 

Volt Speed Buff

I don't see anything about Volt Speed Buff block option in the Option Menu again. Why?

Why DE refuse to do it?  It would have no impact on other players at all.I see in game players asking Volt to stop spamming the buff all the time.I myself respect all players that love that buff and kind of play, but I myself hate it. And I see on the internet many many people talking about it.
The BackFip option just don't work when you get a guy that keep spamming the buff over and over or if you get 2 players that use Volt in the same mission.

Speed Buff on ERIS for example, maybe fun for some players, but it is very annoying for others.The Option to block it is probably already made by DE   they just refuse to put it in  why? 

Ps. I am not complaining against a Volt player at all! I just ask like many other players that option to block that buff in the option menu.

3 hours ago, Vindicta_Necis said:

I am pretty sure in the stream Scott said that if you have two Rank 3's and combine them and then add one more rank 0 it will give you a rank 5.  

I missed the part about adding one rank 0 on top of that. I was assuming that quite reasonably if you already possess a dual setup, you can convert that directly into a rank 5 with no extra grind. But I fear you are correct and we still need to get that one lone rank 0 as extra punishment.

• Like 1

I'm quite excited for the Status changes but let's face it the reason the crit weapons are so dominant and still will be is because they work 100% of the time. Every boss/miniboss is completly immune to status effects, so you play your build feels good then a strong enemy appears (lich, wolf, stalker, etc) and now your weapon build is almost completly useless and this feels really bad. It would be ideal if those enemies would take status Damage while being immune to crowd control (say you got a Heat proc, the target burns and take damage but dosen't panic and don't have reduced armor). Of course they would need aditional damage reduction for Slash dot so they won't get deleted by that. 

• Like 1