Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

Now come to think of it, if the purpose of reworking the Arcane is because of wanting players to have more Arcane choices than to equip 2 of the same type, then why not just simply add more Arcane slots? Rather than doing extra work of reworking something that is not needed to be reworked.

Make sense eh? Now with this rework, there seems to be more hatred for the nerfing and grind than anything else. 

18 minutes ago, 32768 said:

So first Chroma was fine, everything was alright, but then they nerfed it some time ago because of some Eidolon BS, i don't even know what happened there, but OK, whatever. Now they are removing self-damage and this, again, will affect Chroma.

Why this is happening with Chroma specifically, do you think DE secretly hate Chroma? Can Chroma get some love for a change? Buff activation by simple button press instead of receiving damage anyone?

1st, he wasnt Nerfed, his Vex Armor's formula was incorrect, DE fixed it and consequently his skill no longer scaled so absurdly.

2nd, his Vex Armor is not ment to be charged up with Self Damage, thats just something players take advantage of, so again.

So stop whining.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kyori said:

Now come to think of it, if the purpose of reworking the Arcane is because of wanting players to have more Arcane choices than to equip 2 of the same type, then why not just simply add more Arcane slots? Rather than doing extra work of reworking something that is not needed to be reworked.

Make sense eh? Now with this rework, there seems to be more hatred for the nerfing and grind than anything else. 

far too simple lol

6 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

If you manage to get over 100% status on said weapon and it procs double impact damage? That's a close range aoe knockdown in an 'oh S#&$' situation. Also no more worrying about team mates running in front of your grenade and killing you in the process.

we have some of the most flexible Player Movement in the entire Games Industry. it's not my fault people eat a 4 course meal with one hand while playing and so act like a turret with Explosives, or they shoot Explosives forwards
and then run to where they shot, because that's clearly a genius idea.

7 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

But oh no... poor Chroma has to stand near or in enemy fire now for a few seconds to charge up his buffs which he can have up constantly with the barest of micromanagement... please, lol.

just means that Chroma has even more risk vs Enemies that actually matter, of potentially taking a lot of Damage before the one and only Ability he has is charged up.

also an aspect of having to wait around for an Ability to do what it is supposed to do, in a game that has designed itself as 'fast paced'. it's not the only Ability that causes that contradiction though.

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

he wasnt Nerfed, his Vex Armor's formula was incorrect, DE fixed it and consequently his skill no longer scaled so absurdly.

nerfed. they said they were going to fix Elementals getting double buffed - which pretty much the entire Community accepted as being okay, to fix that part of it- but they also just straight up nerfed the Damage Bonus of the Ability too, for all Damage, period.
and they also nerfed Chromas' EHP by ~90% which they didn't even say they were going to do.

nerfed.
so stop lying? idk

24 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

oh how terrible. now you have to play Chroma the way the devs intendet it originally /s

How the devs intended and then left for literally years?  You really have no facts to back up your assumption here.  

Self damage was chroma only saving grace.  Versus orb where there is plenty of damage, great you can still use chroma.  Pretty much anywhere else, you cannot use his buff.  

He has no skills now.  At least before we could be creative and test our self damage builds to be able to buff quickly on the run.  

This effectively makes chroma trash except on a couple nodes.  Even versus edilons the damage is to irradict to activate when it's maxed and cast when needed (before magnetic proc).  Better to use volt, rhino, wisp, as damage instead.  

A rework is needed.  I can't think of a chroma build that didn't have self damage.   

Edited by Educated_Beast

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Razorwing flight model to be brought more in line with Skywing controls. 

Why: Titania is a powerhouse in capable hands. The above revisit may encourage more people to pick her up and master her for the upcoming War… 

Just for clarity because this is the only thing that really concerns me with the update at the moment is that the sprint toggle bug that was introduced with Titanias last control update to bring her in line with skywing controls won't be addressed. I just want to know that the sprint toggle issue is being fixed so I can go back to loving Titania and not slamming into walls at full speed because of the old skywing issue with sprint toggle. 

''Adjusting'' the power of Arcanes at Rank 5 to generally behave as if you had 1.5 equipped

Arcane Aegis: 
On Rank 5: On Shield Damaged:
3% chance for +30% Shield Recharge for 12s.

Arcane Guardian
On Rank 5: On Damaged:
15% chance for +600 Armor for 30s

1.5 nah aegis half of rank 3, guardian practicly a rank 3.

According to the 1.5 the arcane listed above should be like this

Arcane Aegis: 
On Rank 5: On Shield Damaged:
9% chance for +90% Shield Recharge for 30s.

Arcane Guardian
On Rank 5: On Damaged:
30% chance for +900 Armor for 30s

Edited by alessioioele

15 minutes ago, kyori said:

With the exception of Aegis on Hildryn, the top arcanes are still going to be the top arcanes. The rest of the arcanes simply don't provide anything useful enough to bother building a set. Even if they straight up remove the handful of good arcanes, the rest are too situational, niche, and limited to care about. You'd just stick a nullifer on and then stop caring that arcanes even exist.

REALLY!!!

@[DE]Rebecca

You are really going to destroy what people have worked for and invested a huge amount of time and money. THE 3 ARCANES : Energize, Grace, Guardian.

You know people have spend thousands of plats on these items, some spent their time and some have spent their IRL MONEY to buy these arcanes. Do you even care what happens to the player base?

Making the arcanes available through Little Duck was fine and all BUTTTTT nerfing them upto the point where they lose their worth(PLATS). It's so Bad. That's just a really bad decision and shows that DE doesn't really care about the player base's investment in the game, be it time or money.

Nice changes and all that but personally biggest problem is STILL matchmaking. This will be 4th time im trying to tell that its broken and annoying. Years ago we had 50 ping limit and everything was fine but then for some reason you changed min to 100.

Problem is that we have 100 ping min limit and that effects gameplay. For example Void siphon wont activate sometimes because ping is 100 or more. The other problem is that system doesnt seem to understand what MAX 100 ping limit means. What it should do: looking for host with ping 0-100 vs what i actually does: looks hosts whos ping is close to 100. And that makes scenarios where you join run and if everything is well your ping will be 80-120, but then there are scenarios where your ping is 100-150 or even 150-500 or MORE. Maybe 1 in 20 games i actually get 50 ping or less so it does happen but its rare.

-1st time i went to support explained problem and sent pictures about my setting and connection. Answer was: we can test your connection but other than that there is nothing we can do.

-2nd time i posted to bugs/matchmaking: got buried with no response.

-3rd time: same bugs/matchmaking: someone reposted but it also got no response and got buried.

I understand that moving to min 100 ping means you get almost always party but that "fix" works only if game has small playerbase. But now that we have big playerbase would be about time to give that 50 limit back. And fix that system so game actually know what that min setting means.

Other than that i dont mind other small bugs no matter were they related to gameplay or gfx but if connection in almost every run problematic it pushes me away(after few runs "no more today").

He was already bad, they just removed the photoshop filters that was making him not look as ugly as you're seeing him now.

By "Bad" I more mean his design was being held up by nothing but "BIG DEEPS" and suffering for it, his 1 is a joke and his 4 is meme'd into being a credit dispenser. I'd rather they actually adjust him to be more useful in a wider number of situations than being "EidolonHunt.jpg" for the rest of eternity.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

I absolutely love the changes!

Self damage though.. Though i like that i can finally use an explosive weapon without much care of where i aim it, i think seld damage should still be offered in the game with certain weapons. The weapons that deal self damage would deal more damage than those that dont deal self damage.

Why??

Thing about balancing is ensuring everything effects Playstyle over Efficency.

The whole reason i stopped using explosive weapons in warframe was because they killed you, low ammo capacity, and the amount of kills i got werent much more than that of my boltor prime or glaxion

So in terms of efficiency, it felt WAY more effecient for me to bring my boltor to most fights, than it did for me to take an explosive weapon.

If the efficiency felt more equal, then i would have picked explosive weapons up again. For instance if the explosive weapon occasionally had the potential of whiping out 20 enemies instead of 5, id feel it is more based on playstyle instead of efficiency to bring that explosive weapon over a boltor.

So in summary, i think some weapons should still self damage the player just as long as they are Buffed in usefulness. Bigger AoE, more damage, More flashy effects, etc...

Something that makes the self damage take less away from the efficency in the way a player kills

Chroma is not getting nerfed. The way people used to max his Vex Armor buffs is. Chroma is fine, stop making it look as if hes getting nerfed because self damage is gonna be removed. All you have to do is get smacked by an Eidolon beam to max your Vex Armor fury buffs, and done.

Keep self damage to benefit a single warframe? or remove it for the benefit of the other 41? The decision was clear. And is not the end of the world for Chroma mains either.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Lmao, do you even play this game?

Just to comment on ivara, you do realize you can use your invis arrow, pop energy pizzas, max out energy and reactivate prowl for infinite invis.

Yes, I am aware that is a possible strategy. I also don't think that a frame should be reliant on consumables in order to work. That's not a good way for a frame to be balanced. Especially if you compare to Octavia, who can have infinite invis without consumables, solely because she can regen energy while invisible.

Each of these changes in a vacuum are fine, but they aren't in a vacuum, and the effect on the overall balance with other systems must be considered. I'm not saying Ivara will be dead because she will be unplayable. I'm saying she'll be dead because there will be other frames that can fill each and every one of her niches, and with greater ease. Wukong does spy vaults better than her (even after the nerf), Octavia does invisibility better, Baruuk and Equinox do sleep better than her, and with the intrinsics farm no longer possible, having both sleep and invis is no longer necessary. So why would you use her if she starts costing 10+ energy pads a mission?

12 hours ago, CanOfCraig said:

my only real worry with arcane changes is for having multiples.
can I not feed my double built one into my bigger one, or are we just punishing pople for have ever double stacking to begin with in this update.
Some clarification on this would be appreciated

also I don't agree that putting an event in the game that gives us an alternate way to farm arcanes is a fix, maybe some slight alterations could be made before things get shipped.

The post says "- Added the ability to Distill assembled Arcanes back into multiple unranked ones.". So if you have 2 rank 3 arcanes you can distill the second to power up the first.

Some events become permanent missions. In fact, many game modes were introduced with an event (Index, Arena, defection, disruption). So there's a chance that these sentient squad link missions will continue to be available after the event.

Edited by HolySeraphin

Looking great so far :), well done.

The only thing I would say is: be careful of a global 50% drop off nerf to AOE, as there are weapons like the Torrid or Pox, where most of the damage is in the AOE, or where it's built in, like the Scourge.

Please take this chance to buff Firestorm/Fulmination & Amlamgam_Bodycount and make it so the first two effect all AOE weapons for that weapon class and the latter affects everything; adding them to the exilus pool would also encourage more use of that slot and the mod is already purely for utility, rather than DPS.

:).