Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

I think some means of still doing self damage would be good for build diversity.  Maybe a corrupted mod that increases damage or splash radius or provides some other valuable benefit, and in exchange deals some self damage?  Or an augment for Chroma, or have one weapon still deal some amount of self damage?

There are also some cases, particularly with Mirage, where you want to inflict a status effect on yourself.  I hope that this is still possible in some way or another, or that you give us a more direct way to be able to control what Mirage buff we get.

I also wonder if this would apply to self damage to our operators from our amps.  I know some people don't like the self damage that some amps deal during Eidolon hunts (you can one shot yourself easily).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Arcane Tanker- 
On Rank 5: On Archgun Equipped:
+1800 Armor for 24s
Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

The way it is now (before the update), with 2x Arcane Tanker r3 you get +2400 armor (2x +1200), so this update is a direct nerf. This will have a huge negative impact on Rhino Iron Skin builds (Arcane Tanker + Ironclad Charge + etc).

DE, today you've published a thrilling workshop of changes, and I will be reinstalling the game after burning out from liches. The following is my (long) initial feedback before touching the patch.

Railjack Costs

Extremely welcome. The quest is grueling to say the least.

Armor Health Shield

Excited to have a look, but from here I'd like to raise a one thing for consistency.

Slash no longer bypasses shields.

• As we know, slash procs deal true damage. Will this change apply to all true damage (Finishers, Tentacle Swarm etc.)? Or can we consider slash to have a new special bleed damage or something? That would be acceptable. 

Shield Gating

Wild! This is an incredibly welcome new survival tool!

• While the recharge delay (depleted) has been changed from 3s -> 4s, if this stat were moddable, we could see some legit shield-survival builds. That would be very exciting watching people diversify, and maybe frames too who are currently on the squishy-end find this as an alternative to armor! I propose a few options:
    • Reduced Shield Recharge Delay (using reload speed math) mods: +100% halves the delay.
    • Shield gate ramp-down mods. After depleting, the shield gate makes you invulnerable for eg 0.6 seconds (not yet known). +100% bonus will add an extra +0.6s of damage reduction, ramping down from 100% DR to 0% linearly over that time.
    • Increased Shield Gate Duration: +100% would double the gate time. I wouldn't add this and the above together to the game, only one.
  • Can the 'Shield Recharge' stat be renamed to 'Shield Recharge Rate'. It would be enormously clarified. Unless it will affect both delay and rate (borderlands intuition).
  • A visual effect aside from a grey hp bar, such as some blue shield column surrounding a unit shrinking down to their feet, would greatly gameify the timing of the shield gate. 

It's application to Corpus is also insanely cool. We'll be treating corpus a bit differently now, giving them some good one-two hits. For single-target weapons, we'll have to try it, but those gates are doing to add up time-to-kill one after another. I'll edit this section with my feelings after playing it, it'll probably be fine with the 5% carry-over to hp.

Arcanes

There is quite an ecosystem of arcanes now. I can see the net buff, per-slot, our arcanes are stronger now, but some of the double-stacking cases will be missed, notably Avenger. 

With so many damage types and so many damage-proc-specific arcane resistances, I still don't see reason to equip many of them, sadly. Enemy damage is incredibly diverse, and even with adaptation, knowing enemy damage types is extremely challenging, let alone procs. I propose consolidating or adding to some of these arcanes, giving them secondary resistances. It would be a nice addition if these arcanes not only resisted a proc, but also added resistance to damage (I can dream!) For example: 

• Arcane Defense:
    • +102% Puncture Resistance
    • +41% Impact Resistance
    • +41% Slash Resistance
    • +19% Toxin Resistance
  • Arcane Deflection:
    • +102% Slash Resistance
    • +41% Puncture Resistance
    • +41% Impact Resistance
    • +19% Radiation Resistance
  • Arcane Shield:
    • +102% Impact Resistance
    • +41% Puncture Resistance
    • +41% Slash Resistance
    • +19% Heat Resistance
  • Arcane Detoxifier:
    • +102% Toxin Resistance
    • +41% Gas Resistance
    • +41% Radiation Resistance
  • Arcane Healing:
    • +102% Radiation Resistance
    • +41% Cold Resistance
    • +41% Viral Resistance
  • Arcane Ice:
    • +102% Heat Resistance
    • +41% Blast Resistance
    • +41% Corrosive Resistance
  • Arcane Liquid:
    • +102% Gas Resistance
    • +41% Heat Resistance
    • +41% Corrosive Resistance
  • Arcane Nullifier:
    • +102% Magnetic Resistance
    • +41% Electric Resistance
    • +41% Radiation Resistance
  • Arcane Protection:
    • +102% Corrosive Resistance
    • +41% Magnetic Resistance
    • +41% Electric Resistance
  • Arcane Resistance
    • +102% Blast Resistance (Currently a copy of Detoxify!)
    • +41% Viral Resistance
    • +41% Magnetic Resistance
  • Arcane Warmth
    • +102% Cold Resistance
    • +41% Toxin Resistance
    • +41% Blast Resistance

Hope the trend is visible, elements that sort of relate to the arcane name, with as little overlap as possible (I think). These were made up on the spot, but hopefully they seem reasonable! 

I'd like to make a small bug report right now, that Arcane Resistance and Arcane Detoxifier do the same thing!

I'm sure people are concerned about Energize's added cooldown, That is more of a nerf than a 1.5x buff compensates for, and the value of the arcane is sure to take a hit. I think it is fine to have such a desirable and powerful arcane, it only added to the value of eidolons (hands-down the best content in the game, in terms of investment / reward). 

Self-Damage now Self-Stagger

This will be celebrated. Gone with self-damage! In with some cool-looking animations, and I mean that sincerely. 

I have many questions:

• Is Atlas' Immovable vulnerable to the self-damage stagger? Like his titanic handling of arch-guns.
  • Cautious-Shot, is there a need for the -15% damage penalty anymore? Overall this mod will lose some value even if the penalty is removed, so I would consider that.
  • Other weapons currently have far more severe damage fall-offs than the new (Standard maybe?) 100% to 50%. The 20% damage buff just compensates for this. Can there be a review of other damage fall-offs for attacks such as Torid (100% to 0% over 3m),  Mutalist Quanta's Bursting Mass (100% to 0% over 15m), and Quatz Reload (100% to < 20% over 8m)

Excavator Scaling, Sharing Sentinel Mods, 100x Pizza Blueprints

Bless!

Over 100% Status

This is revolutionary, and raises the ceiling for all weapons that previously capped 100% status chance. Looking forward to the new stacking effects. I'd like to remind people that DoTs can crit!

Many people however express concern for some beloved shotguns. I have to bring it up, the Tigris Prime. The shotguns that were previously balanced around 100% status chance are going to take a hit, if we understand the new system correctly. As Steve said, the math broke at 100% with an absurd spike in effectiveness. If our old friend Tig.P ever got that strong again, it would need 100% status chance per pellet. I advocate for the actual Status chance value to not be changed, and instead treat them like we treat the Quartakk's burst. Keep Tigris Prime at 30%, and keep any other shotguns that previously relied on 100% to keep their (live-build) current per-shot chance as per-pellet. That would grant a perfect transition to the new system and quell all community fears. You're so close!!

1tTmJix.png

Murmurs

Liches are going to end up completely dominating completionist players game-time. There are still ways to go, but every step is welcomed. I'm looking forward to further changes.

HDR, Grenade Markers, FoV, Deferred Rendering

Awesome. I must say, the graphics modernizations DE has managed to implement into such a relatively old game is very commendable. I can't think of many that manage to do it without starting from scratch and releasing sequels. 

Edited by VhwatGoes
Added feedback, Fixed formatting, Added Radial Falloffs
  • Like 2

Adjusting the power of Arcanes at Rank 5 to generally behave as if you had 1.5 equipped, list as follows:

Arcane Guardian
On Rank 5: On Damaged:
15% chance for +600 Armor for 30s

At rank 4 it gives 20% chance for +600 Armor for 20s. I don't see a 1.5 increase here. There's even a chance decrease.

Perhaps you meant 30% chance for +900 Armor for 30s?

Edited by Xaero

I'm generally excited for these changes. A few questions though:

Will Mirage's passive apply to recovering from staggers?

Will shield gating apply to damage that exceed's Nezha's warding halo? In the current build, damage that is enough to pop his halo will overflow into his health before triggering his invincibility period, which can cause him to be downed if hit by a big enough attack. Thus negating the purpose of the invincibility. 

Since operations tend to introduce permanent gameplay features, will Little Duck's ware (the arcanes for example) also be permanent or will they change/be removed when the event ends? It'd be nice to have a way to get arcanes outside eidolon hunting. Eidolons are fun but that's still just one activity and it has to get stale after a while. 

• Like 1

Arcane Tanker- 
On Rank 5: On Archgun Equipped:
+1800 Armor for 24s
Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

You boosted the armor addition to this arcane, however you only increased the time bonus on guardian. Increase the armor value perhaps ?

Arcane Guardian

Also, I think we should have shield recharge delay mods.  Recharge delay is often more important than either capacity or recharge rate, and this will add some interesting trade-offs and variety in build craft if the mod(s) for delay are balanced well.

12 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I have so many questions post devstream, but most importantly: Chroma rework when? I think it's the time now. All the changes affect him and he was already slated for one so... Yeah 😛

Ive literally being begging for a rework for ages now. With everything thats happening honestly, I kinda wish they'd just make a brand new kit, one thats more dragon like and fits better in how the game is now. Im tired of them just nerfing and nerfing and nerfing him, just change the damn kit if its such a problem DE.

PS, absolutely despise the self damage stuff, cautious shot is a awesome mod that made boosting up Chromas buff more consistent and reliable, while allowing weaker frames to use explosive weapons without dying. Yeah its risky to use explosive weapons... because they explode... I don't understand why they removed it completely. 

While I appreciate the addition of further FOV options, can we please discuss having a consistent FOV across all areas? This is really frustrating to me as a player that struggles with motion sickness. I change my FOV to something very specific because otherwise I have to eat Dramamine like candy just to play this game. But 78 FOV means something different between missions, the orbiter, Cetus & Fortuna, and relays. The numbers are absolute nonsense, they have no meaning or real measurement because it's different everywhere you go. I have to change my FOV basically any time I enter a space that isn't a mission if I don't want to deal with motion sickness.

Цитата

Arcane Guardian

AND

Цитата

Adjusting the power of Arcanes at Rank 5 to generally behave as if you had 1.5 equipped

nice lie,cause now rank 3 arcane has

20% 600 

so....its even weaker. cool stuff,DE. Yeah,like 1.5. But no. And i didnt checked other arcanes. Want to trick players,right? Act like you are buffing them but instead nerf some?hehmeh

These mods should still do "non-stagger self-damage" imo, either that or Chroma gets a rework to take self damage from "Staggers" for x (5-10?) seconds after activating his Vex.

fx6pYER.png

Edited by F1DJ