Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, EvanGallaway said:

I don't know if this will be read, but I have a small suggestion.

The Workshop talks about making Railjack more accessible to newer players with less resources and credits, but will this apply also to Railjack components? If they're to get their ships ready for Scarlet Spear, they would be overwhelmed by the immense amount of resources (i.e. Asterite and Titanium) needed to upgrade the Railjack and make him viable for the upcoming missions... it would be nice for everyone if crafting costs were also at least halved, because right now I keep hesitating about any single piece I want to Repair because of the expensive cost. And I think a lot of fellow Tenno are in the same situation... 

Let's be honest here for a moment: getting those resources isn't hard, only tedious. Sure, you need a decently modded Amesha for it, something that newer players don't necessarily have access to, but it is perfectly feasible to solo the early Earth Proxima missions with only one's archwing, and then spend ten-to-thirty minutes combing through the asteroid fields. It's mindless busywork, but it is something that players of all level have to do anyway, and as far as I know, the yields from doing this at Earth Proxima barely differ from doing it in the Veil, if at all.

Also, I don't know when the event comes around, but if it's more than 9 days after the next update, then it is entirely feasible to disregard salvaging in Earth and Saturn, and just research and build all the MkIII Sigma components, which are still costly, but provide solid stats for newbies without having to worry about the RNG aspect of repairs.

DE, I really hope you are listening to the feedback regarding Arcane nerfs.

Old Blood, Empyrean, and now this upcoming mainline has got me the least excited about the game since I started playing in 2016 on console.

Gutting Energize actually makes less diverse builds - you can drop Streamline/FE and use an augment or some other misc mod, which opens a lot of creative potential. It's also a huge slap in the face to the people who payed plat or sacrificed their time farming these LEGENDARY items.

@master_of_destiny Thank you for speaking up and providing great insight. I know myself and many others feel the same.

Please, reconsider these changes - with the decline in players recently, it boggles my mind you guys would pull something like this - I hope I am proven wrong.

9 minutes ago, Egathentale said:

Let's be honest here for a moment: getting those resources isn't hard, only tedious. Sure, you need a decently modded Amesha for it, something that newer players don't necessarily have access to, but it is perfectly feasible to solo the early Earth Proxima missions with only one's archwing, and then spend ten-to-thirty minutes combing through the asteroid fields. It's mindless busywork, but it is something that players of all level have to do anyway, and as far as I know, the yields from doing this at Earth Proxima barely differ from doing it in the Veil, if at all.

Also, I don't know when the event comes around, but if it's more than 9 days after the next update, then it is entirely feasible to disregard salvaging in Earth and Saturn, and just research and build all the MkIII Sigma components, which are still costly, but provide solid stats for newbies without having to worry about the RNG aspect of repairs.

Without a doubt. It's a tedious work, though, and it costs a lot of time just like you said - two things which a lot of less "dedicated" players, so to speak, wouldn't want to spend. I tend to listen to Youtube or Twitch streams while I farm, but I don't know how many would do the same XD 

About Sigma MKIII I fully agree - they're more than enough to blaze through everything in the mode. From this point of view I think they did a good job, all Zetki/Lavan/Vidar components are totally optional... except for the infamous Vidar Reactor. 

5 hours ago, Ouspon said:

latest?cb=20191101055722

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm still waiting for:

latest?cb=20171007154050

Though to be fair I know it seems like not much is going on but they are working on a lot right now. Warframe is making a huge transition while introducing new game content (Scarlet Spear with mainline) and a lot of it has to be over time (slow).

They're (from what I understand) still working on things like Archwing, melee, and others. What I'm trying to say is these things take time.

Edited by SpringRocker

55 minutes ago, Ouspon said:

I do not protest. I remind.😅

No, I'm sorry if I made you feel accused.

I can be aggressive and even toxic on the forums sometimes (also I do have trouble reading someone's "tone", text doesn't carry very well), I didn't mean imply that you were.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Will this get addressed? 

MR9 test isn't hard.  The enemies move slowly in exactly the same predictable routes, and it's not that big of a map.  Just go into practice and work out a route through trial and error.  Took me maybe 5 trial runs to work it out (as Frost).

I do agree with the overall sentiment though that the game doesn't really have robust stealth mechanics (I don't count 'press a button to be invisible' in that category), so they shouldn't try to force stealth gameplay.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

DE has way more manpower, but cannot release something that doesn't need a half dozen hotfixes to be acceptable.

Dude, you've clearly never done software QA.

The game is in perpetual beta on PC for a reason. PC players are the guinea pigs that test content before it's released to other platforms, and are given that content early as a consolation prize. 

Deal with it.

The problem with so many people is that they want their content and they want it now, but they're unwilling to accept the consequences of that. If DE waited until now to release Railjack, people like yourself would claim they were breaking their promises there as well. "It was supposed to release last year!" People like yourself also like to complain about content droughts.

With the NMS comparison... it has taken that small team years just to deliver on the promises that were made before the original launch, AND they didn't bother telling most people that those things weren't in the game before they put it up for sale. I think that's far more egregious than DE taking longer than expected to churn out free content they mentioned months or even years ago but haven't been able to properly tune yet.

Some of y'all need to realize that nobody is forcing you to buy anything, and nobody is forcing you to bumrush every new content drop, only to turn around complaining about how DE isn't releasing stuff quickly enough, or how what they've released isn't working quite right for you. Go play something else, or go do something else in the game. It won't kill you to let them hammer it out. You're not paying for it anyway.

And before you try to argue that "go play something else isn't a valid argument because player numbers have dropped from peak blah blah blah"... player numbers peaked so high because DE was releasing "open" maps that looked great and got a lot of attention from streamers and youtubers. They're still trying to deliver on the promises they made at Tennocon 2018, and a lot of people are content to sit back and wait for it. There are thousands of games out there. If you think player counts won't spike again when DE releases their next huge thing, you're fooling yourself. 51k people playing is damn good. That's better than most other non-esport or otherwise PvP-focused titles out there.

Oh, and a little side note about platinum for Tennogen... I'm quite certain that the reason you can't use Plat to buy Tennogen stuff is because it would be a pain to convert plat that was traded or sold at a discount into money that could be distributed to creators. Just saying.

Edited by HomicidalGrouse
  • Like 2

Le 02/03/2020 à 17:29, (NSW)Slyn_Vulpes a dit :

Challenge accepted. Know that all I miss are 10 neurodes and 1,774,947 credits, that I've built on my own my dry docks...

And I've been a Tenno only for a few month.

Done :

ESOWvSlUEAEHwU3?format=jpg&name=small

NO ONE will deny that reducing it's cost, was a very good idea.

Man, I'm exhausted.

On 2020-02-28 at 11:21 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Arcane Changes

Arcane Detoxifier [UNRELEASED]:
On Rank 5: 
102% chance to resist a Toxin Damage effect

Arcane Resistance
On Rank 5:
+102% chance to resist a Toxin Damage effect

Narf?

Edited by rstripn
removed hide button

48 minutes ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

With the NMS comparison... it has taken that small team years just to deliver on the promises that were made before the original launch, AND they didn't bother telling most people that those things weren't in the game before they put it up for sale. I think that's far more egregious than DE taking longer than expected to churn out free content they mentioned months or even years ago but haven't been able to properly tune yet.

Hello Games took a barebones pile of garbage and turned it into a fun, playable experience, in three years. Keep in mind you said yourself they are a small team.

DE, meanwhile, is a large studio that spent roughly 4 years "developing" railjack. What they shipped wasn't even barebones, it's hardly even a framework. We got a gamemode so broken it was actually unplayable, and remains largely broken months later, with no variety or real value. Begs the question, really; What were they doing for those four years? Because RJ looks like a hastily slapped together engine experiment rushed out as "content" to try and clot the bleeding player numbers. Also, NMS updates are entirely free, as well. That's not a point to be made.

PC players should not have to serve as free QA testers for a dev team that is in no shortage of money. This notion that F2P games magically sustain themselves is old and I can't believe people still use it to defend crappy company practices. A good majority of players have spent money on this game and continue to do so. But I guess nobody is allowed to criticize something as long as you technically don't have to invest a dime into it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 2020-02-29 at 12:21 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Arcane Temperance [UNRELEASED]
On Rank 5:
-90% Damage Taken During Revive

Reviving players via Operator Void Mode: Am I a joke to you?

This arcane is the embodiment of Arbitrations. Who in their right minds would shaft themselves and spend one of their two precious arcane slots just so they can (somewhat) safely revive their dumb teammates.

Edited by JawNuts
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, DocLouis said:

Hello Games took a barebones pile of garbage and turned it into a fun, playable experience, in three years. Keep in mind you said yourself they are a small team.

DE, meanwhile, is a large studio that spent roughly 4 years "developing" railjack.

Inaccurate comparison. No Man's Sky has files for the playstaion3 even in the computer version, it just takes a little bit of looking to find them on your computer after you install it.

• Playstation4 release: 2013
  • NMS release: 2016

No Man's Sky was in development long enough to be planned to be released on the PS3.

I'm sorry but anecdotal false analogies don't serve as a foundation for anything. The point is that it's clear you don't know what's involved in making games and shouldn't be saying things like:

20 minutes ago, DocLouis said:

I can't believe people still use it to defend crappy company practices

Leave the computer game stuff to the experts, ok?

EDIT: Also I don't think I need to remind you that NMS said it had "massive space combat" and "online multiplayer" when it released, it had neither.

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 1

keep in mind, this is a free to play game, that gets regular updates, tons of care and hard work goes into making it awesome and keeping ppl interested in playing it more, also railjack is a huge game mode, with tons of moving parts, and the more moving parts the more potential for bugs, which is why the raids are gone now, and i played the raids a lot, the jv was very difficult to complete because of the bugs, many times it was unplayable, taking them away was a huge advantage for gathering arcanes, since getting them the eidolons, they are always working hard to keep the game running smoothly, and to keep it fun and interesting, to be honest the player base is spoiled, we get a premium game at no cost whatsoever, and we constantly ask for more, and sure im guilty of asking for more, but sometimes i think its important to say great job, thank you for all your hard work, to everyone who helped make the game. we are truly greatful even though we don't say it all the time, also when we ask for more, its not us saying were not happy with what we have, its really us saying that what we have is awesome and that we want it to be all it can be, because it has soo much going for it. for example if i download a app but its nothing like it says in the discription i uninstall but if i find a app that is close to exactly what i want then ill send them a msg and say hey this app could use _______ for example. thank you de ill always love this game 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DocLouis said:

DE, meanwhile, is a large studio that spent roughly 4 years "developing" railjack. What they shipped wasn't even barebones, it's hardly even a framework. We got a gamemode so broken it was actually unplayable, and remains largely broken months later, with no variety or real value. Begs the question, really; What were they doing for those four years? Because RJ looks like a hastily slapped together engine experiment rushed out as "content" to try and clot the bleeding player numbers. Also, NMS updates are entirely free, as well. That's not a point to be made.

PC players should not have to serve as free QA testers for a dev team that is in no shortage of money. This notion that F2P games magically sustain themselves is old and I can't believe people still use it to defend crappy company practices. A good majority of players have spent money on this game and continue to do so. But I guess nobody is allowed to criticize something as long as you technically don't have to invest a dime into it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DE did not spend 4 years making Railjack. Steve was conceptualizing it 4 years ago. Or do you think Fortuna just poofed out of the ether overnight?

The stuff about railjack being unplayable and remaining broken is your own hyperbolic opinion... disregarded.

"PC players should not have to serve as free QA testers for a dev team that is in no shortage of money. This notion that F2P games magically sustain themselves is old and I can't believe people still use it to defend crappy company practices. A good majority of players have spent money on this game and continue to do so. But I guess nobody is allowed to criticize something as long as you technically don't have to invest a dime into it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

^ this is probably the most ignorant series of sentences I've read in this thread.

First of all, you could never hire enough testers to do a job as effectively as an entire community of players. As someone who has done QA testing, that stuff takes time and effort and money that you clearly don't have a solid understanding of. Beyond that, I never said that you don't have a right to criticize something, and I certainly never said that free to play games "magically sustain themselves" (wtf is that even supposed to mean???). But just because you've bought a few skins doesn't mean you're entitled to having content pumped out that perfectly suits your tastes, and has been tested to be 100% bug free, AND at whatever asinine schedule you've pulled out of your rear and think DE is obligated to adhere to.

Edited by HomicidalGrouse
made it more palatable

I don't know exactly understand the salt or toxicity in some of these replies,I like this game, it's fun and free. I've put plenty more money than I want to admit into this game, I like the content it got me. I will admit that I don't always love a grind, I actually spend platinum on the grinds I either can't access soon or have no interest in going through at the moment,best examples are Baruuk and Grendel,I couldn't do the Heists yet but wanted to play the boi,I wanted Grendel since I didn't know how his grind would be and wanted to just enjoy a frame that was released in my birth month. I played Railjack, I will definitely agree that it needs tuning up,I liked it though,it isn't perfect but it's cool, disorienting for me since I was usually a Gunner and the speed meant I was lost sometimes, I still haven't finished my Railjack either but I hitch a ride on others to have fun with them. I don't see the grind as great,I joke about it myself,I do appreciate that it isn't easy though,I can test out stupid combinations or spend hours farming with friends,sometimes I hate it but that's usually either brand new big content or old content (7k Oxium still haunts me....) But it tends to be a project I spend a lot of time on. I will admit that I sometimes feel like it's taking a long time for content, I tend to play another game or just try to hone my skills on something in game: Eidolon Hunting or Arbitration usually are my go to things. I have no true point to this, it's just me saying that I know this game has issues and the fact you can buy stuff is a way to get stuff faster but by no means is it NEEDED to progress,you could buy the stuff to avoid the grind or enjoy a grind if you like that, I love what DE has given us and only hope it gets better,the flaws can be fixed and the content going forward can have much more for us to love. If a game can be as long lasting to people as a card game, it's good,and to me I compare Warframe to Magic The Gathering,they both have been around long enough in my life to be cool games I find myself coming back to over time when others just can't give me that awesome feeling

• Like 1

В 29.02.2020 в 07:01, Haenohalanodien сказал:

Soo, did they fire [DE]Glen? 🤔

They just taxid him to Europe excavation instead of Earth one, and he saw strong enemies on excavation for first time.

On 2020-03-01 at 1:41 AM, Hakuro81 said:

You really should do something more to Kuva Liches.

The main problem is to find random teams doing Liches. And it's getting worse the more time passes, because the initial hype is already gone so lesser people are hunting their liches or even bother getting a larva.

So how do you take a step to get people together a lot easier than it is now?

There are sooooo many possible missions to where the lich can appear and you cannot see if groups are already doing them... mostly they are in the standard missions or something else.

So give us a better view on the missions in with type of mission groups are active and open!

You can even make it easier for Tennos to find each other by reducing the Lich missions to only 1 or 2 nodes for each planet and let them change each 5-15 minutes. Either the missione can be replayed some time before they change to other nodes or they just disappear after done and Tenno get new mission after the set timer.

So Tenno have less choice to do missions on planets, but get new ones after the timer does its work and you don't need to save the nodes for each tenno in the background.

You could even advance this kind of method by having the lich on the some planets for each tenno, but change the planets each day so the lich is moving around. Depending on the level of the lich you can limit this up to 5 different planets which count for each Tenno.

You see where this leads? The chance to find random groups with a limitation of 5 planets each with 2 missions is much higher than having Tenno spread across nearly all nodes!

1.) its easier to solo lich missions. if you cannot solo lich missions then you are not yet at the skill level required to do them (i.e. skill level as in maxed out mods, frame/weapon builds. not as in being able to 360 no scope a bombard from 300m away and get consistent headshots.)

2.) its not hard to find parties for missions. theres recruit chat. but in reference to number 1, you shouldn't need to if you have the skill level. lich missions are stupidly easy, most people -- atleast myself-- don't take the time to even bother looking for parties for these missions. I just simply solo them as they are more enjoyable for me PERSONALLY.

3.) you can already see what type of missions and if there are currently any open squads for those missions by hovering your mouse over the mission node.

4.) liches are already restricted to a random planet. typically they only stretch out to other planets whenever you fail to kill them -- which you WILL fail to kill them until you have all 3 murmur words unlock or unless you get lucky. the more fails the higher level your lich gets (it maxes out at lv 5) and the more planets it will get ahold of. also I will note that, the more murmur dudes (as I call them) that you kill the more aggrevated your lich gets. when your lich is ticked off, that's when it will start spawning out -- doesn't matter what mission you're in as long as that mission is a lich mission, it will spawn out when its ticked off.

5.) as for changing planets each DAY for liches -- this is again a pointless statement, not only due to point 4 mentioned above, but also because it doesn't even take longer than 3 hours at least amount of efficiency to kill a lich. me personally, as a solo player who typically don't care much for anything and is really lazy in the game -- my last lich took my 2 hours and 46 mins to cap and legitametly got all 3 words due to being unlucky. the thing about the lich system is that its reaaaal slow at first. but literally after you get the first word, it goes by fast. and that's a good thing too.

6.) and for this final point in reference to your final sentence, refer to point 1. think of it this way, if people don't really see a point to do the missions in groups outside of hanging with their friends -- than why bother? you can't force jake from statefarm to play in a random group that will take 5 minutes to clear a mission, when he can solo it and it will take 1 minute to do the same thing at the same amount of efficiency.