Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

Blah blah blah rj fixes (any1 actually still playing that gamemode after avionics prices drop/ r10 modulars?) also rip arcanes blah blah blah, no 3rd orb, no new war, totally nothing. No new content since ever. Great work DE. (2020 no dedicated servers =))))))))) )

So, here's what I'm getting from the Arcane changes:

• Protea will be dead on launch
  • Ember will be dead when this ships
  • Chroma (along with the self-damage and shield gate changes) will be dead
  • Hildryn will be dead when this ships
  • Inaros will be heavily affected, but might survive
  • Sahasa will be dead when this ships

I would say this affects Grendel, but Grendel's energy orb generation is already low enough it might not affect him at all.

So yeah, a boost to low end players for sure, but a lot of us min-maxers will lose several thousand platinum worth of power to these nerfs.

• Like 3

This is the patch that will get me playing again, thank you for doing these changes that the game really needed. It's refreshing to have systems changed to give us more opportunities to find the best way to deal with the problems they present us with. People may cry about losing their meta, but remember that they will always find the net one, and finding a new meta is a lot more fun than just sticking to the same one!

Again, thank you so much

4 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

The way it is now (before the update), with 2x Arcane Tanker r3 you get +2400 armor (2x +1200), so this update is a direct nerf. This will have a huge negative impact on Rhino Iron Skin builds (Arcane Tanker + Ironclad Charge + etc).

That's a 25% nerf.  And it frees up an arcane slot.  And it doesn't nerf the non-tanker portion of the Iron Skin pool.  I strongly disagree that this is a "huge" nerf.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cephalon_Baphoma said:

Oh so thats 2 frame- 3, Inaros is also going to loose out on surviability- Nidus too.... damn....

Well i probably wrote it too extreme, i use aegis to increase my efficiency for draining shields per sec, about inraos and nidus i, dont understand whats your point - aegis never worked on them.

Please for the love of god don't make double impact knock people down. The response to the  ~2017 physical damage changes that you suggested should have told you that making impact status even more obnoxious than it already is will only make rivens that reduce impact damage more valuable. It's bad enough having to chase around the head hitbox while enemies are in the stagger animation...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

The way it is now (before the update), with 2x Arcane Tanker r3 you get +2400 armor (2x +1200), so this update is a direct nerf. This will have a huge negative impact on Rhino Iron Skin builds (Arcane Tanker + Ironclad Charge + etc).

Yep. They mentioned that all of the double-stacking arcanes were going to get nerfed, but not completely. Instead of having 2x effect they'd have (approximately) 1.5x effect, but with just one arcane. This is a perfect example of them sticking to their plan.

• Like 1

Just now, eboomer said:

That's a 25% nerf.  And it frees up an arcane slot.  And it doesn't nerf the non-tanker portion of the Iron Skin pool.  I strongly disagree that this is a "huge" nerf.

25% becomes huge when you put on Ironclad Charge. Ironclad Charge multiply your total armor, so those -25% will become a huge impact on your final Iron Skin numbers.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Arcane Precision
On Rank 5: On Headshot:
10% Chance for 300% Ammo Efficiency for 18s
Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

I assume this is a typo, Precision increases damage to pistols on headshot.

About arcane changes. Whats about boring farming arcanes from PoE Eidolons?

Again, we need spend a lot of time waiting night to get some chances kill 3 party-goers? Can we get access to Eidolon Hunt Bounties in 24/7 with mission time limit for killing them? Cuz farming another pack of those arcanes will take years for someone. Farm 10 for 3lvl is hard (hard in waiting night) but farming another +11(or all 21) for 5lvl is insame!

100x Restore Blueprints (Scaling Costs).

Will be there 100 Ciphers blueprint somewhere? It is very tedious to make them as well.

Self Damage is removed from Warframe. 

Will be explosive weapons like Kuva Tonkor, Kuva Ayanga and others that do nothing if you shoot target closer than 7 meters fixed then?

Edited by Sylur

I love it when DE grows a spine and rolls out necessary changes like once a year. I'm glad that you still have a plan and a clear direction for this game, because sometimes it feels like you don't. Listening to everything your players have to say is ok, but every once in a while you have to do the thing you want to do. You guys are the pros so please make the decisions! Lead us!

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Arcane Guardian
On Rank 5: On Damaged:
15% chance for +600 Armor for 30s

Consistency nerf and you need more than double the amount of unrankeds to get the same armor increase, this was a nice entry level arcane as it didnt have the soul crushing droprates that energize had.

VERY disappointed in the removal of self-damage.  Is is really necessary to babysit and handhold players to THIS degree?  That they should never be able to harm themselves using explosive weapons?  Risk:Reward is a whole part of their design.

• Like 4

I've liked everything I've seen so far

Granted, I would ditch the damage bypassing shield gating on Corpus. You can keep shield gate with no bypass on Corpus to bump their survivability a bit. 
Also, you should include something about nullifying fields and invulnerability nonsense that hurts casters more than anything else. 

Finally, the devstream image was misleading. I was kinda expecting a revisit to some warframes, like Mag...which is in the forefront but didn't get any mention whatsover.

Devstream139_1080p.jpg.b0a10afa9480afb57

• Like 2