Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

So, any chance you are going to do something about enemies just being completely status immune?

Yes, these changes to status might promote it to be more attractive than it is right now,
but once you go hunting for the big targets (Eidolon, Liches, Sortie Bosses, etc) all you care about is crit.

Edited by Garrasur
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Damage-Type Changes:

• Slash Status now does not bypass Shields and instead deals damage over time to Shields. Slash Status still bypasses Armor. 
  • Toxin Damage used to apply to Armor with a 25% bonus. Now it is neutral. For role distinction, Toxin bypasses Shields (but not Armor) where as Slash Status bypasses Armor but not Shields. 

so slash will be rather useless against corpus now? and Toxin/Gas will be the go to against them? If im understanding this right Slash status will still be as it is normally except against corpus.

Self Damage Changes:
We are getting rid of Self Damage and replacing it with something else: instead of Self Damage, it’s now ‘Stagger’. This change completely removes the chance of killing yourself, and instead now creates scenarios where you will interrupt yourself - or ‘Stagger’ - to varying degrees if you aren’t careful. 

HOW will this work for chroma's 3 then? I personally think it should be changed to an always max effect instead of having to build it up....we STILL have to recast it as it is now to keep the buff going after all. I also want to point at Equinox's Peaceful Provocation augment when in night form. It takes forever to build it up against infested and i rely on self damage to get it built up as quick as I can....can this get changed also to ENEMY damage build up....just like the REST of her kit?

Reward Cleanup: Base Missions.

While you guys are going thru the missions....Can we get rid of Rifle and shotgun modifiers and make them just Primary? I love playing Jupiter DSS, but want to benefit from something than JUST shotguns leveling faster or getting more focus...

Edited by Kalvorax

Self Damage Changes:
We are getting rid of Self Damage

NO no no a millions times no. self damage is VITAL for good chroma builds. and 'stagger' is boring and over come with 100% prime surefooted. And bassically nerfing other weapons by adding stagger. This whole thing is a VERY BAD IDEA.

Arcane Changes
After years of Arcanes as a system - with several additions to the offerings and replacement locations, we are doing several things:

- Increasing the maximum Rank of Warframe and Operator Arcanes to 5, up from 3. Arcane Revives are a bonus that begins on Rank 3. 
- Adjusting the power of Arcanes at Rank 5 to generally behave as if you had 1.5 equipped, list as follows:

Hide contents

Arcane Aegis: 
On Rank 5: On Shield Damaged:

3% chance for +30% Shield Recharge for 12s.

Arcane Energize:
On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup
60% chance to replenish Energy to nearby Allies
Added duration and Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

Arcane Grace
On Rank 5: On Health Damaged:
9% chance for +6% Health Regeneration/s for 9s
Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

DE if you go through with those changes i will quit your game. These changes would effectively annihilate all of the fun i have in this game and i simply will not stand for it.

2 minutes ago, sonyseva6055 said:

Well i probably wrote it too extreme, i use aegis to increase my efficiency for draining shields per sec, about inraos and nidus i, dont understand whats your point - aegis never worked on them.

sorry I wasnt taking about aigus, I was talking about arcane Grace. That Arcane getting nerfed is going to seriously mess with a lot of frames... like anything with a health pool over a 1000 which is actually a lot of frames now...

Self Damage Changes:
We are getting rid of Self Damage and replacing it with something else: instead of Self Damage, it’s now ‘Stagger’. This change completely removes the chance of killing yourself, and instead now creates scenarios where you will interrupt yourself - or ‘Stagger’ - to varying degrees if you aren’t careful. 
The degrees of Self-Interrupt start with a small stumble all the way to full knockdown depending on how close you are to the center of explosion. Any Mods referring to Self Damage will be converted to acknowledge Stagger.

Terrible change. I'm probably done with this game. Self-damage was a problem for weekend warriors who just picked up a new launcher, for about 5 minutes before they returned to their meta hitscan status/crit hybrid bullet hoses. It was not a problem for people who liked launchers. It's inseparable from what makes launchers enjoyable, actually.

If you're so upset about your concurrent player numbers to start making bad design decisions, you could have done a variety of things like making Cautious Shot cheap to rank instead of a 30,000 endo investment, drop commonly from a new enemy, given Bramma a free wexilus with it force-installed, etc. The bottom line on that mod remains that you introduced it at a bonus so poor that you could kill yourself through it, which was such a meme that nobody tried it again after you buffed it. But it actually solved the problem entirely.

THIS IS AMAZING.  This will be the best update Warframe has had for YEARS, MARK MY WORDS. You guys are, AT LONG LAST, cleaning up the game's long-standing, outdated systems!  Huzzah!

There will be bumps along the way, as there always are, but I have confidence that they will eventually be tailored out!  Thank you DE, this Workshop is on point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, p_silveira said:

So, for high-shield enemies, Slash is gonna be useless? This only creates a new meta of toxin/gas.

I mean, yes, that's the goal. It's no longer Slash For Everything, now it's Slash/Corrosive/Heat against armor and Toxin/Gas/Magnetic against shields.  

Makes a different meta for each health type which is, you know, the goal of having different health and defense types.

Just now, Data-Raptor said:

NO no no a millions times no. self damage is VITAL for good chroma builds. and 'stagger' is boring and over come with 100% prime surefooted. And bassically nerfing other weapons by adding stagger. This whole thing is a VERY BAD IDEA.

I mean, they could just rework chroma instead and get rid of the asinine mechanic that self-damage was. This is a pure positive move, and chroma is in dire need of a rework anyway.

Railjack Onboarding changes:  

Unnecessary for the repair drones imho, but whatever works. Least it isn't existing as a cash grab on the market now.

Armor Health Shield Changes

Shield Gating: Friend and Foe

Don't see any changes honestly. Maybe less reliance on CP at the higher end, but shields are still kinda pointless to build for save for Hildryn for Tenno. The shield gating on Corpus units might make it a bit more interesting.

Arcane Changes

Saw the stream. No offense, but we've heard the 'not wanting us to grind as much' before. I don't buy it now after that. The stacking doesn't concern me too much since quite a few of them were changed, but will see how it changes everything.

Self Damage Changes:

Excav Scaling Changes:

About time. We've been asking for these changes for an eternity. Don't know why these changes took so long, especially since Excavators in the Orb have had better stats than Starchart excavators.

Titania Changes + Vauban Tweak:

Titania looks fine. Vauban.... Ugh. Why? Armor buff isn't going to help him that much. Please get rid of the launch pad, he need survivability more than a small mobility tool only good for memes. A barrier, defense drones like Amesha, anything. 

100x Restore Blueprints (Scaling Costs).

No comment. I'm happy this has finally come around.

Sharing Sentinel Mods:

....My memory might be foggy, so pardon me, but wasn't this a thing at some point in the closed/very early open beta? I don't know why this changed previously if that was the case. If not, then its about time for this too. Now we just need pet weapon slots.

Greater than 100% Status having meaning. 

Given the change in shotguns, and the status changes/stacking, you have a decent start, but if slash stacks, you're gonna start seeing Crit still be meta due to Hunter Munitions stacking Slash procs over and over and over. Also, we have more enemies that are status immune than those who are crit immune. Hope you have a fix in mind for that.

Decent starts. Might get back in for Scarlet Spear, but I'm not gonna hold my breath too much.

Edited by TheEternalJester

2 minutes ago, Data-Raptor said:

Agreed, it makes no sense anyway for weapons not have at least some self damage. I hate these changes.

26 minutes ago, Phillip said:

In addition to the other blueprints, can we get a 100x cipher blueprint?

I wish they'd give a reason for not letting the foundry be queuable.  That seems to be the better direction overall.

I don't understand why they want to instead keep adding more and more blueprints.

But if thats the direction they want to go, then yes, they need to add 100x ciphers as well.

Arcane Energize:
On Rank 5: On Energy Pickup
60% chance to replenish Energy to nearby Allies
Added duration and Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

Does this mean Arcane Energize is an energy over time thing now with it saying "added duration". Could you clarify if the energy gain is gonna change in the way you gain it?

1 minute ago, ccjuju said:

VERY disappointed in the removal of self-damage.  Is is really necessary to babysit and handhold players to THIS degree?  That they should never be able to harm themselves using explosive weapons?  Risk:Reward is a whole part of their design.

Ah yes, all that risk for little to no reward. Just how I like it.

If only a majority of self damage weapons weren't absolute trash even if you avoided gibbing yourself.

I have been waiting to hear stuff like this for 4 years! so happy about these changes! Change is good Cant wait to play with it and develop some real feedback!

Armor ! Damage type diversity! Status build diversity! Self damage! 

This is so good for the game!

Arcane Aegis: 
On Rank 5: On Shield Damaged:

3% chance for +30% Shield Recharge for 12s.

Arcane Agility:
On Rank 5: on Damaged:

60% chance for +60% Shield Recharge for 18s.

Heh? So Arcane Agility will just be better than Arcane Aegis, straight up? Or was this a typo of some sort?