Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Wambo:

i dont like seeing the 100x bp only taking 2 minutes to craft, it highly devalues our current restores

I saw a 72h crafting time in the stream.  72 hours was for research, sry.

Edited by Nekromast

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

So, here's what I'm getting from the Arcane changes:

• Protea will be dead on launch
  • Ember will be dead when this ships
  • Chroma (along with the self-damage and shield gate changes) will be dead
  • Hildryn will be dead when this ships
  • Inaros will be heavily affected, but might survive
  • Sahasa will be dead when this ships

I would say this affects Grendel, but Grendel's energy orb generation is already low enough it might not affect him at all.

So yeah, a boost to low end players for sure, but a lot of us min-maxers will lose several thousand platinum worth of power to these nerfs.

You're being WAY too harsh.  This is roughly a 25% nerf.  I doubt that will suddenly make energize useless or anything.  And there are a lot of other ways to recharge your energy (energizing dash, hunter adrenaline, arcane brave).  I think more realistically it will mean somewhat less reliance on just arcane energize.

And they're saying the shield gate gives brief invulnerability.  So I think Hildryn will have stronger shield gating, and therefor will still have similar reason to be used.

On Chroma, he will be not as straight forward to use to kill bosses.  Which is not good in my opinion, but that doesn't mean he's "dead" (outside of organized Eidolon hunts at least, for which this actually really does do him in).  I suspect that keeping his Vex Armor running and passively allowing enemy damage to buff him will still work similarly, since they are emphasizing it's a BRIEF period of invincibility.

Chill out.  We'll have to wait to see how all this shakes out in actual game play.

I genuinely enjoy the risk of blowing myself up when using a high explosives weapon.  It adds fun and thrill and challenge to a game that is otherwise just clicking the mouse and watching numbers rise off of dead things.  Please, don't make this self damage removal change.  You are removing player engagement by doing this.  It's actually okay if a player kills himself from time to time using this and is unhappy with the results.  This encourages him to try harder in the future (or pick a different weapon).  Removing the need to make this choice just to assuage temporary disappointment leads to greater long-term disappointment down the road.  Warframe is known for its many, many weapons.  The last thing it needs making a few that stand out even more "samey" to the rest.

If you don't want Chroma to be able to charge with self-damage, that's fine.  Just change Chroma.  But please, don't remove weapon diversity from the game.

Edited by ccjuju

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

BONUS ITEM 21: FOV
Fresh from the oven comes a hot bonus change: we've increased the max FOV value from 78 to 90!

Before at the max of 78:
f9c85ffc1072b3c01c606dcf0b5195da.jpg 

After at the max of 90:
9bc51707a085609583e1da670b7ce304.jpg 

Any chance for the frame to be moved further away from the screen center? One of the reasons why i play with max FoV is to reduce the amount of the screen covered by the frame and make it less likely to cover the crosshair. Keeping the frame so close to the center does nothing to fix this issue since we can't play around with other stuff like the transparency of our frame's model.

Player Shields now reduce 25% of incoming damage.

Will conclave weapons get a balance pass to make up for this damage reduction? Otherwise it would be much better to keep player EHP changes only to PvE since it usually takes literal months to fix any pve change that carries over to PvP (these are mostly ehp and weapon changes. For instance, Telos Boltace still ragdolls players and dual blades can insta kill anything, both of these things have been in pvp since the release of The Old Blood update)

Shield Gating: Friend and Foe
Friend: First, let’s answer ‘What is Shield Gating?’ when it applies to you as a player. In this implementation, Shield Gating is the mechanic of preventing an instance of lethal (‘1-shot’) damage if you have Shields active. Simply put, the goal is to reduce the number of ‘1-shots’ you take when your shields are up, particularly for Shield-based frames. When any shields are active, an incoming hit that depletes your last bit of Shields will not continue into your Health pool, and also triggers a brief time where your Health is protected. Once that period is over you can take Health damage normally. Additionally, you will no longer take Slash Status Effect damage to your Health while Shields are up. 

Hoping for this to either be kept away from conclave or at least be balanced properly, otherwise unwieldy but powerful weapons like Daikyu or Opticor will become both, unwieldy and useless.

• Like 2

Just now, Kalvorax said:

so slash will be rather useless against corpus now? and Toxin/Gas will be the go to against them? If im understanding this right Slash status will still be as it is normally except against corpus.

HOW will this work for chroma's 3 then? I personally think it should be changed to an always max effect instead of having to build it up....we STILL have to recast it as it is now to keep the buff going after all. I also want to point at Equinox's Peaceful Provocation augment when in night form. It takes forever to build it up against infested and i rely on self damage to get it built up as quick as I can....can this get changed also to ENEMY damage build up....just like the REST of her kit?

Not exactly. Slash will still eat away shields, which I am not very fond of. Doesn't make sense.

Just now, Nekromast said:

I saw a 72h crafting time in the stream.

If it is 72 hours I will basically never use this.  I use close to 100 pads per Eidolon hunt sometimes.  For me to suck it up and farm Railjack missions, crafting time would have to be 10 minutes or less (to make the pads per minute equivalent to the 10x recipe).

vor 1 Minute schrieb Cephalon_Baphoma:

The issue is they ARENT reworking him. People have been begging for ages.

Just wait for Chroma Umbra 😜 Reworks happens mostly around a Prime Access to fish for new victims to advertise a "totally new gameplay" of the old warframe with his Prime Variant 😄

• Like 1

Arcane Aegis: 
On Rank 5: On Shield Damaged:

3% chance for +30% Shield Recharge for 12s.

Arcane Agility:
On Rank 5: on Damaged:

60% chance for +60% Shield Recharge for 18s.

Is this a typo? Has Aegis been nerfed from a flat +30 shields/s to 30% shield recharge? Does it still cause innate shield regen to occur during the effect? These are questions that need answering!

Just now, Stormdragon said:

Any chance for the frame to be moved further away from the screen center? One of the reasons why i play with max FoV is to reduce the amount of the screen covered by the frame and make it less likely to cover the crosshair. Keeping the frame so close to the center does nothing to fix this issue since we can't play around with other stuff like the transparency of our frame's model.

It mostly looks so close up because the image was taken in the Orbiter, which does zoom it in a bit. In actually gameplay it is much more zoomed out.

1 minute ago, ccjuju said:

I genuinely enjoy the risk of blowing myself up when using a high explosives weapon.  It adds fun and thrill and challenge to a game that is otherwise just clicking the mouse and watching numbers rise off of dead things.  Please, don't make this self damage removal change.  You are removing player engagement by doing this.  It's actually okay if a player kills himself from time to time using this and is unhappy with the results.  This encourages him to try harder in the future (or pick a different weapon).  Removing the need to make this choice just to assauge temporary disappointment leads to greater long-term disappointment down the road.  Warframe is known for its many, many weapons.  The last thing it needs making a few that stand out even more "samey" to the rest.

As someone who used to use the ogris and dropped it because of self damage issues, no.

Blowing yourself up because a teammate, dog, cat, or butcher comes in from off screen and catches your projectile was never fun, it was infuriating.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, b4timert said:

On the arcanes. it look like a positive change but i would like to know how many i'll need to get it to rank 5 before i can make a fully informed decision.

I am pretty sure in the stream Scott said that if you have two Rank 3's and combine them and then add one more rank 0 it will give you a rank 5.  

• Like 1

I would like to see some progress on the stealth kill affinity bonus being limited to only unalerted melee finishers. This change occurred with the melee rework and sucks a lot of fun of my favorite method of getting to know a new weapon, slapping a silence mod on it, picking up Ivara and sniping my way through an exterminate mission. The stealth kill bonus you could get from strategic silent weapon kills helped me feel rewarded for skillful/thoughtful play in picking targets and careful aiming and made me feel like there was a reason to pick bows or sniper rifles in normal missions instead of picking up a space shotgun or space AK-47 and blowing everything to space hell. Warframe's tagline is "ninjas play free" but when that stealth kill bonus got removed and limited to ONLY unalerted melee finishers it felt like they were neglecting a lot of other ways to ninja besides grandmother's footsteps throat stabbing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shade_Final said:

Ah yes, all that risk for little to no reward. Just how I like it.

If only a majority of self damage weapons weren't absolute trash even if you avoided gibbing yourself.

Sounds like they should buff explosive weapons instead of babying the playerbase. AoE weapons SHOULD be risk/reward, granted I dont think they should be one shot kills(on one self), but taking a small amount of health (Like we currently have with Cautious Shot) for firing whats essencially a rocket laucher point blank seems fair.

Edited by Cephalon_Baphoma
clarification

Zitat

Added duration and Cooldown added (cannot re-trigger while active).

i have a really bad feeling about this. everytime you have added cooldown to something that didnt have it previously it was a severe nerf.
see telos boltace slide attack cooldown made the weapon worthless. (i get why it was needed, but just an example). or blink cooldown as another example.

i dont know how high you plan to make the cooldown on arcanes, but the past has showed us you really like to spice up that number so im calling it already: rip energize.

have fun doing SO/O or even sorties solo/public with frames whose dps relies on spaming their abilities without a trinity.

but beside that there seems to be a lot of nice QoL changes coming and its always nice to see that a developer listens to its community to improve the game. 

Edited by _Mr.Robot