Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh.

[DE]Rebecca

6 minutes ago, Shade_Final said:

It mostly looks so close up because the image was taken in the Orbiter, which does zoom it in a bit. In actually gameplay it is much more zoomed out.

Zoom doesn't matter much, as long as the frame stays near the center of the screen it can still cover the crosshair.

• Like 1

Currently Arcane Guardian on rank 3 has 20% chance for +600 Armor for 20s.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Arcane Guardian
On Rank 5: On Damaged:
15% chance for +600 Armor for 30s

I hope it's a typo because otherwise is a NERF as opposed to the ''Adjusting the power of Arcanes at Rank 5 to generally behave as if you had 1.5 equipped''.
The correct stats should read as following:   30% chance for +900 Armor for 30s

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sarmok said:

I´ve never posted here and I generally always tried to approach changes with an open mind. While 95 % of the presented stuff is cool, the treatment of arcanes is honestly sickening.

We´ve spent hundreds of hours farming for them since it is all so RNG based. It IS a pain to get 10 copies of Grace or Energize and it took hours and hours of frustration because of bad luck, host migrations, people that are taking ages to even put their shard in, trolls that just go afk etc. Do you seriously consider it to be okay to basically go "Hey, we´ve nerfed the stuff you grinded for for ages, but guess what - we´ve increased the ranks, so you have to grind for it again in order to get a lesser version of what you were using before! Oh and btw, Chroma can´t get his buff up on his own anymore so it´s probably gonna take you longer than before. Have fun!"

I´m not happy about the Shotgun changes either, but I kinda get that. The arcane stuff, again, sickens me to the bone. When will you finally learn that spreading out the usage by nerfing the popular stuff instead of buffing/reworking the unpopular stuff is not the right way... Especially if it forces you to grind something you thought you were done with. And before anyone starts to counter by saying the max rank is actually more powerful than rank 3 was - no, it´s not. The 3 most popular arcanes all got nerfed and you will have to grind for them more to even get them to their new, lesser, max potential.

Mixed feelings about this. Lots of good stuff completely overshadowed by one or two things 😕 I hugely appreciate you guys as devs, but this is a wrong step that honestly feels like a spit right in the face.

You can take your second copy of Arcane whatever to feed it into the first Arcane to produce a near R5 Arcane.

I didn't see anyone else mention this, I could be blind but if this isn't a typo, then they nerfed Arcane Guardian by a tonne.
What it is now,

Arcane Guardian
On Rank 3: On Damaged:
20% chance for +600 Armor for 20s

What it is at rank 5

Arcane Guardian
On Rank 5: On Damaged:
15% chance for +600 Armor for 30s

1) Railjack Onboarding Changes

Wow for real?? Im a casual player this was suprising.  I dont think the resources were the issue though.  I think people just heard bad stuff in the beginning and then had bad experiences with random grouping after.   

I dont care if the cost to jump into RJ is lowered,  I appreciate getting back all the differences.   Instead of 2 repair drones could I get 2 Umbra Forma???  As a veteran I would appreciate those waaaaaay more.   +intermission 2 being extended kinda screwed us out of an umbra forma =(.  

4) Infested Damage 

I have mowed down soooooo many infected with melee.  Its my fav enemy to fight.  Im a little reluctant about this change because now telling us we dont want to get close to them and we should switch to guns to take em out.   I dont know.  I just dont want to lose the melee relationship with them I've had =/.  

6) Shield Gating

Scott talked about 25% max and then said it was still being played around with... like higher or lower ??  It would be dope to be able to make shield tanks.  Augur Set mods would become lot more important.   I think it makes alot more sense if shields soak up 50-90% of damage and then when damage hits your frame its full power.  

7) Self Damage Changes 

Great change but a bit inconsistant.... a Chokkuur or whatever kuva rifle you can shoot right at your feet and not take damage so will that now cause interrupts ??  Meanwhile my Komorex/Bramma  totally thanks you.   But do we really need the interrupt mechanics???  We are either being affected by explosive ordinance or we are not.  How can their be knockback with no damage ???  

😎 Excavator Health/Shield Scaling Changes

I understand what your doing here but the video example was ????  Rebb just called down a level 1 extractor... what does that show??   Show me a scaled up extractor

10) Reward Changes: Nodes. 

So a node could have 10 endo  50 endo or 80 endo or you going to get rid of the 10 and 50 because they are worthless to everyone.  But vets will still find 80 endo worthwhile???   All I have to say to this is.......Scaling rewards.......   Rewards should scale based on our MR....they should scale on enemy level.....they should scale with rotations in endless types..   If not scaling rewards then how about Mastery Rewards.   MR 0-9 is tier 1.  MR 10-19 is tier 2.  MR 20+ tier 3 rewards...  (Daily log in rewards needs this BADLY).

12) 100x Restore Blueprints

Crafting pizza's was one tiny part of me not doing tridolons....  how about throwing in a x100 cipher .......

13) Sentinel Mods: Shared Usage Allowed

Hells yeah.  This is very appreciated.  It lets me sell extra mods.  But more importantly it will stop those annoying as hell loadout fights between me and my pet. 

14) Arcane Changes

Scott talked about how Warframe is about Diversity andbeing able to use different frames and weapons...  Tell that to eidolons or profit taker.   This change doesnt affect me at all because I have never captured or killed a Hydrolyst little lone farmed all those nice arcanes from them.   Im have alot of the terry arcanes woooo those are all the garbage ones like resistances and parkour lol.   Nerf the crap out of eidolons and let more people enjoy the battles.  Make them a permanent bounty.   Split em up into their own bounties while your at it.  

If your looking for arcane idea's about temporarily buffing shield DR,  armor,  granting life strike,  bullet chaining so when you hit one guy bullets redirrect to a 2nd enemy+.  I've been using resistances but not being able to see what damage is being done to me I just try to cancel out status types like magnetic and toxic or slash.  

15) Greater than 100% Status having meaning. 
16) Status Mod Buffs 

I just started getting into status builds.  I wont be able to give very good feedback but I think it sounds great lol.  I've never used shotguns a whole lot in this game.  I am kinda of excited to dust off some stuff.  The corrinth is a sexy shotty.  But im also looking at Gara's and arca and maybe even boar.  

17) Grenade Markers     ??? ok......this means your totally jacking the damage up right??  

18) Kuva Lich Murmurs / Fixes   

Lich fails affect squad murmurs again.... thats it???  Nothing about shortening the amount of murmurs needed.  No failed stab = 1 instant mod reveal or enough murmur for 1 reveal.  murmur farming is sadly one of my least fav parts of Lich hunting.  I just cant bring myself to do it..

1 minute ago, _Mr.Robot said:

people in organized groups will just use a trinity for infinite energy which basically has no impact on energy economy except for those who run solo. 

this change could simply kill solo players. have fun doing SO or normal O with a volt or other frames whose dps relies on spaming their abilities

Personally, I don't have any Arcane Energizes, so I have to do everything without it.

I don't have a dog in this arcanes fight, because my best rank three is...I dunno, Arcane Tempo? But whenever difficulty comes up, there's always an objection to any difficulty-increasing modifications that affect how powerful the player can be.

When any shields are active, an incoming hit that depletes your last bit of Shields will not continue into your Health pool, and also triggers a brief time where your Health is protected. Once that period is over you can take Health damage normally.

Then what's Hildryn's schtick now?

5 часов назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

Decreased the chances of Kuva Lich controlled sectors forcing an Exterminate situation to allow for more gamemode chances. 

And not a word about nerfing the murmur grind?

There are a lot of good changes and you're on a right path, but the way Liches were implemented into the game, their current state - it's like long-drawn prank gone wrong. Requeim grind, Requiem guessing game, murmur grind and the fact that there is really no point in recruiting Liches, because they've just became a little useful in a previous update - it's all so tiresome.

I understand that you have a lot of on your plate right now, but implement the Liches into the game the way Nemesis System from Shadow of War deserves. It's a really good system and just seeing how it has been butchered makes me sick. You and I know you can do better.

Edited by BloodRavenCap
  • Like 1

Shield gating:

Should give invulnerability for a couple seconds, then become 50% damage reduction. 
Damage reduction would gradually reduce by X% per tick, 10 ticks per second. X% = 1000 / shields.
Mods that increase shields: for every 10% shield increase, 1% additional damage reduction - can go beyond 100%, it would take longer to wear off. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

1 minute ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

You can take your second copy of Arcane whatever to feed it into the first Arcane to produce a near R5 Arcane.

Not my point at all. I´ve never even bothered farming for another set of Energize because of the burnout from doing it once. Im saying they are nerfing the best arcanes and lowering their rank so that you have to go farm them again to get them to their maximum rank, which will yield worse bonuses now. It feels... wrong.

• Like 3

Decreased the chances of Kuva Lich controlled sectors forcing an Exterminate situation to allow for more gamemode chances. 

how about no? you have / are planning to fix a lot, it's good. but you sitll miss the mark for some stuff

First, while i may agree with the double arcane not being possible, it should first be working as a 2 time efficiency, not a 1.5. if it requires as many arcanes as it would take for a double, it should be 2. second, the cooldown idea really doesn't sounds like a good one. at all. energize and grace are SUPPOSED to be powerful arcanes. not limited. they are supposed to be strong and powerful!

Kuva Lich Murmurs / Fixes
Requiem Murmurs from failing a Kuva Lich Parazon stab will now again be shared with the entire squad! 

Why: If we take a trip down memory lane, we’ll arrive at The Old Blood: Hotfix 26.0.5, where we fixed all players receiving Kuva Lich Requiem Murmur progress whenever someone in the squad failed to kill their Kuva Lich. Our intentions to have the Kuva Lich tied exclusively to the respective player were genuine, but the feedback has shone light on what is a worthwhile feature for the Kuva Lich system given its pace towards success. We have bigger plans for connecting Liches to other Systems, but this change is the only one ready for Mainline! 

On that note, we do have a chunk of general Kuva Lich Changes & Fixes coming in this Mainline:

yeaaaaaaaaah.... i mean, it's good and all, but i sure as hell hope it's not all you've got for us. it's not enough, period. famring murmur is still a chore, and we don't have a method of power farming the murmurs. it's boring, mind numbing to an extreme point. we want a way to get endless thralls in missions. endless defense, whatever. or a way to kill the lich at will on a particular node to power farm the murmur circles. cause the present way right now is ugly bad.

• Like 1

Kuva Lich Murmurs / Fixes
Requiem Murmurs from failing a Kuva Lich Parazon stab will now again be shared with the entire squad! 

should have never been removed

Tribute: You can now select which Tribute to cast, by cycling through the different buffs like Ivara’s arrows, or Vauban’s Minelayer.

what happened to 90% DR on this wet paper frame you refuse to give any amount of numbers to surviving enemies past level 30 grazing your skin

[UNRELEASED]:

all of these are useless and would just bloat the pool of already trash arcanes . like guardian.  that thing you're making trash

Armor Health Shield Changes
This section will go over before and after scenarios with our enemy Armor, Health, and Shield changes. Reading this section should give you a conceptual and on-paper understanding of what we’re changing and why, but practical experiences will tell the full story here. You may need to refresh some aspects of your Builds to truly optimize your power against your enemies.

Before: Armor, Shields and Health on an Exponential Curve
After: Armor Shields and Health on an S curve 

Damage Changes:

Enemy Damage output should still be close to what is currently on the Live version of the game, but we have made a few changes that will affect how players take Damage in-game. 

Damage-Type Changes:

• Slash Status now does not bypass Shields and instead deals damage over time to Shields. Slash Status still bypasses Armor. 
  • Toxin Damage used to apply to Armor with a 25% bonus. Now it is neutral. For role distinction, Toxin bypasses Shields (but not Armor) where as Slash Status bypasses Armor but not Shields. 

Player Changes:

Player Shields, Health, and Armor used to be shared with all AI, so they had all the weaknesses and resistances that their AI counterparts did.

Now Players have their own unique Shield, Health, and Armor type classified as TENNO! These have all weaknesses and resistances neutralized (for now). Player Shields now reduce 25% of incoming damage. Player Shields now recharge with custom player-only logic. Shield recharge delays are based on depleted or partial depleted shields. Partially depleted shields (any amount) is a 1 second recharge delay. Full depletion is a 4 second recharge delay.  

These changes to Player shields are in addition to coming Shield Gating changes, which you can read about in our Shield Gating section!

Why: Armor Scaling and enemy Damage Reduction was the nucleus for this change. For years Tenno have had the tools to deal with these things, but the tools were uniform: Use Corrosive Projection, or else. While this is a simplification, it removed the feeling of choice. With these changes, we hope players experience a feeling of variety and choice when taking on enemies. By changing the scaling for Armor, we could consistently change the scaling for all! 

Image result for it's... beautiful

Hopefully Corpus/Infested and Grineer can be closer to one another now. That should make things better long-term.

I'm expecting big damage reworks down the line, especially to some weapons/powers like Ignis Wraith and Saryn's Spores and so forth, and I'm very glad you specified this in the stream. No doubt, there's gonna be some rough patches ahead, but this needed to be done. 

Foe: Enemies - Corpus in particular - also have received a bit of a Shield Gating, but with skillful gameplay you can overcome this. Any Headshots or shots to Weakspots  completely bypass Corpus enemy Shield Gating. In addition, 5% of the damage dealt when hitting the shield gate will target enemy Health - this allows you to take your Forma fueled weapons back to low level enemies and hit them hard instead of hitting the shield gate. The goal here is to make Shields a mechanic you want to play against with Mods (Auras, Elemental) or to bypass with skill (Headshots). Slash Status Effects will now deal damage over time to Shields, Toxin damage remains as-is (bypassing Shields to directly affect enemy Health). Damage from Warframe Abilities will ignore the enemy Shield Gate (i.e if an instance of Damage from an ability is greater than the Shield value, it will go into health as well). 

I like this. So Corpus are more likely to provide somewhat of a different combat experience now. Might actually help with the aforementioned weapon worries, giving AoE weapons (which can't really headshot like a precision weapon). Powers still concern me, but this isn't the end of the road.

Please?

Please don't let this be the end of the road.

Self Damage Changes:
We are getting rid of Self Damage and replacing it with something else: instead of Self Damage, it’s now ‘Stagger’. This change completely removes the chance of killing yourself, and instead now creates scenarios where you will interrupt yourself - or ‘Stagger’ - to varying degrees if you aren’t careful. 
The degrees of Self-Interrupt start with a small stumble all the way to full knockdown depending on how close you are to the center of explosion. Any Mods referring to Self Damage will be converted to acknowledge Stagger.

With this Self-Interrupt system, we have added dozens of new recovery animations that harness a ninja-like recovery experience. 

*all the self damage weapons*

Image result for my time has come

Shotguns have a unique Role here based on a very patch-work history with how they interact with Status Chance. A Shotgun that shoots 99% Status Chance would give you 35% (roughly) status per pellet. 100% Status Gives you 100% Status per pellet. This huge jump in performance happens with just a 1% gain - why? Well, to answer that we have to look at our choice to make what the UI conveys reality. It would feel broken to shoot a Shotgun with 100% Status and not see a perfect spread of Effects. In reality, to make Status consistent we have to treat Shotguns as a special case.

Shotguns as a special case means we have buffed the Status Chance of all Shotguns by x3 or greater. The UI now behaves to show the reality that you are determining Status Chance per pellet. 

*Shotguns*

Image result for my time has come

(Had to happen sometime, and I doubt it'll be quite as bad as everyone fears. Maybe time for there to be more than two crit-focused shotguns? Like, seriously, Pyrana and Corinth are the only crit focused shotguns. Vaykor Hek is hybrid.)

I can't say enough how good this is. Warframe, including its new content, has been held back by some major flaws that have only grown. I can imagine that there's gonna be some painful updates ahead, and some serious balance issues in the interim... but it must be done for Warframe to truly be the best it can be.

Yea I didn't read it all yet when i got to the arcane changes and saw that what i paid so dearly for arcane guardian has to go up 2 more levels to get to 15% chance instead of the 20% it's at now, I might be done playing Warframe. Silly to think about grinding away or paying to get the arcane's maxed again and their not even as good as they were.

I do like the game as it is, but I'm not gonna do that...lost me

3 minutes ago, VisionAndVoice said:

Then what's Hildryn's schtick now?

Much higher shield capacity and a longer invincibility period during shield gate I think.  In addition to her AOE armor strip and damage over time, overshields, and removing status effects from herself with an ability, and hovering for damage reduction with Aviator.  I think she'll still be as good as ever, and still a useless dumpster fire against the infested.

21 minutes ago, Shade_Final said:

Ah yes, all that risk for little to no reward. Just how I like it.

If only a majority of self damage weapons weren't absolute trash even if you avoided gibbing yourself.

They could have buffed the weapons, perhaps even give them some sort of scaling damage in order to make them actually high risk/high reward.