8faiNt

Removal Of Self Damage

1 hour ago, 8faiNt said:

It will ruin chroma's gameplay on eidolon hunt.

You find it difficult to walk under the thing's feet?

This isn't an issue at all.

Geez, The amount of hate towards Chroma Mains. 

As a Chroma Main, I don’t mind these changes. I stopped using Self Damage weapons when the Kuva Seer came out (Yes I LOVE the seer). Besides one Eidolon stomping attack is enough to “fully charge” Vex Armor and I can finally stopped killing myself using Exodia Contagion in Eidolon Hunts.

• Like 3

Kinda enjoy the danger factor when using self-damage weapons, and I take a certain masochistic comedy from screwing up and blowing myself up with my Kuva Bramma.

On the plus side, my Mirage has a lot more weapon options now. Objectively speaking, this will probably be a good change, and I admit that I am a bit weird. I am overall happy to see this, and I won't complain.

Edited by KnossosTNC

13 minutes ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

Well, certain Ephemera can also turn eclipse into damage buff. So with that Mirage is saved 😛

Wasn't that corrected in Hotfix 27.0.12?

- Fixed the Vengeful Charge Ephemera providing constant light source for Mirage's Eclipse, resulting in a cosmetic granting the light buff to remain 99% of the time.

11 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Geez, The amount of hate towards Chroma Mains.

As a note, I don't hate the players, I hate the frame being in this state of mediocrity where it is only used to speed up Eidolon farming and to get credits from Profit-taker.

Really for a frame based on a freaking Dragon it doesn't really have that satisfying feeling of being...well...a freaking DRAGON, it feels more like playing a Wobbuffet from Pokemon.

2 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

It is great for casual gameplay.

Do you like it?

discuss...

2 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

I like it a lot. I find the tears of Chroma players to have a distinct, earthy taste. Must be all those extra elements- oh wait, I forgot. Chroma isn't an elemental dragon Warframe. He's a gun with arms. 

I honestly don't understand how this will ruin Chroma in Tridolon hunts. With Garry's constant ground laser spamming and Harry's constant EVERYTHING, I can get my Fury buff to max pretty easily

To heck with Self Damage (and the Chroma users lamenting over its removal). Good riddance!

LQMZvGK.png

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I honestly don't understand how this will ruin Chroma in Tridolon hunts. With Garry's constant ground laser spamming and Harry's constant EVERYTHING, I can get my Fury buff to max pretty easily

It wont Ruin Chroma, as i said before. People just complaining for really, something they have no right to complain about when theres other 41 warframes suffering from self damage one shot self kills. They DO COMPLAIN about it when it comes to those other warframes, but not on chroma. I personally NEVER had to rely on self damage weapons to max my Fury buffs, never in eidolon hunts, never during profit taker, never during any kind of mission. Plus, who farms credits with chroma on Profit taker, when there is Index? People bringing non valid arguments to try and defend the opinion of "self damage is good on Chroma, keep it"

I literally do not care, one frames cheese that was almost exclusively used in one mission type (eidolons) isn't going to be a thing so the rest of the game can enjoy just playing the game. Guess we'll just have to two shot the Eidolons from now on~

It is great for casual gameplay.

I guess? but it either way it will be really nice not dealing with something running in from off screen resulting in a shot that shouldn't have killed you, killing you. I also seem to recall one instance where I got dragged by a Scorpion and another where a friendly (nekros) Arctic Eximus decided to pop it's bubble directly in front of me just as I fired my Zarr off.... none of which I would say where "my fault" as a player. 

And that isn't even counting the times where it's been quit obvious other players where intentionally trolling by using their hitbox to purposefully jump in front of me as I was firing off an explosive weapon. 

Do you like it?

Yes I've always thought self damage weapons where stupid, especially with the lengths DE has gone to additionally nerf them with any number of bosses/mobs who are just strait up immune to anything other than direct hit the pixel damage rendering anything with an AoE next to useless. 

So at the very least they're nolonger double dipping on heccing over AoE weapons.

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

You know, there are people who use Chroma outside of Eidolon/ Profit Taker for the same reason people play Rhino outside of that.
The problem with not being able to selfdamage with Chroma is that taking damage from enemies is not reliable ( more than often enough they quickly get killed by teammates) and the damage can be from minimal since your shields deplete first, so you get massive armor first and taking damage takes even longer, or you don't and can get killed very quickly.

There is a good reason why I use up an entire secondary slot just for that purpose.

Since waiting is everything but fun, I'll probably just switch away from Chroma to something else on regular missions if DE doesn't compensate for it somehow. Rhino is better in almost every aspect anyways by now.

Honestly I'm super supportive of self damage removal. I barely touch launchers because of how volatile they are, I end up killing myself more than the enemies do. Before you say git good or l2p, 9 times out of 10 when I die to a launcher it's because a teammate jumped in front of me.

The only games that have lethal self damage are competitive PVP shooters - warframe is not a competitive shooter, it is a team based horde shooter.

Furthermore, the maps generally are too small/cramped to make self launchers viable, hence why so many go the revenant route to use launchers with no issues.

Chroma will suffer a bit in Eidolon runs but eh, necessary sacrifice. Plenty of frames can take his place, and Chroma will still have no issue with taking damage on command when it comes to endgame content, since enemies do so much damage already

• Like 1

It is a good change.

There is zero logic or reason to why they should have held back on this change in order to keep one specific frame with a bandaid for one specific piece of content. Chroma needs a change and now with another bandaid gone it may actually happen.

• Like 1

As a Nyx main I used to use these weapons without fear making assimilate feel special and cool. 

A "Look what I can do moment".

Made Assimilate not so stupid. Or at least gave it a better perk.

Self damage wasn't bad.  It was smart and rewarded skill and play style.  It actually kept things in check.  

Most people will run giant aoe weapons now because why would you not?

Overall I have blown myself up once with the Lenz. Learned my lesson and picked missions where the Lenz would shine.  Or it would back up my secondary.  Which I would use as a primary. 

Its not hard to avoid self damage.  

Personally I think this is a lazy move.  

But I still love the game. So I'll learn to accept it.  

I do find it funny that people complain that this game is to easy and then ask for something to make it easier.  

Edited by Hexsing
Sarcastic quip

i didnt even read the thread all i can say is

HEELL YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Just give DE time to realize their mistake and reduce/adjust the damage of explosive weapons such as Bramma to match the complete remove of self-damage.

I choose to believe this change was due to things under the hood being so incredibly weird and held together with tape and chewing gum that they couldn't implement a Cautious Shot for bows and decided to axe the entire thing.  I have nothing to support this except that I find it mildly amusing.

EDIT:  Apparently people are seriously thinking things like this, despite that I came up with this by asking myself "What's the absolute least likely and dumbest reason for relenting on Self-Damage could there be?"

Edited by Vox_Preliator

Would it be too much to ask for a mod that re-enabled self damage?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LOKOUBA said:

i think so

vor 18 Minuten schrieb LOKOUBA:

i was thinking of proposing this my self. it could even be a exilus weapon mod , for certain weapons. even if they reworked chroma's 3 or mirage or any other frame which benefited from self-dmg in the future, it would give players the option to still dmg/kill themselves for fun or even for content creating.

Edited by imbressive

31 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

I choose to believe this change was due to things under the hood being so incredibly weird and held together with tape and chewing gum that they couldn't implement a Cautious Shot for bows and decided to axe the entire thing.  I have nothing to support this except that I find it mildly amusing.

Wouldn't surprise me, but who cares if it was spaghetti code or not, it is going and that's what's important.

-puts on party hat-