Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removal Of Self Damage

8faiNt

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

I wait for DE to make the Shields invulnerable until the Eidolons take their first step.

I wait with a lot of Coca-Cola, 2kg of corn, and condensed milk to put on the corn when it pops.

The salt will be freely provided.

So you're actively wishing for the deterioration of people's enjoyment in the game for your selfish pleasure? Really making the community look good. 

10 minutes ago, rodzzila said:

It only affects ONE frame in ONE scenario. If you think Chroma is RUINED for this you should go to the corner and complain with the Primed Chamber owners and Conclave players.

Nope, it's bad for chroma in almost every scenario. At low level he won't get buffs, at high level he can't safely get buffs. Bad for Eidolons, bad for Arbitrations, bad for normal missions, selfish and team buff builds. Please have some sympathy. I'm not arguing that they reintroduce self damage, rather a rework of Vex armor. Self damage is unintuitive and rewards poor play, and now we lost the only workaround. 

Edited by (NSW)Nocha

16 minutes ago, (NSW)Nocha said:

So you're actively wishing for the deterioration of people's enjoyment in the game for your selfish pleasure? Really making the community look good. 

The forums is filled with this. Apparently, being unable to fight eidolons as effectively as Chroma players made people quite upset. 

(NOTE: I just use Harrow in Eidolon public squads, I enjoy being support). 

1 minute ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

The forums is filled with this. Apparently, being unable to fight eidolons as effectively as Chroma players made people quite upset. 

(NOTE: I just use Harrow in Eidolon public squads, I enjoy being support). 

Chroma isn't even the only viable DPS. There's plenty of options, I just think there should be more options, not less. I want everyone to enjoy the game. 

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Nocha said:

Please have some sympathy.

That why I specifically said people that think he is ruined.

Is this bad for Chroma? Absolutely. Is he unusable now? no.

If they ever touch self damage I though they would make weapons do a set amount of damage. If you ask me a good middle ground is to leave Concealed Explosive self damage in game. Is literally the only use for that mod until they give Chroma the reword he needs.

finally, one of their best decision ever, with vacuum for every companions being neck to neck with it. and in a few months, people will mostly be back to their other main weapons and everyone will realize that no, not everyone goes up for Kuva Ogris Bramma or whatever and they don't become the full meta.

i'm laughing at the morons who think that self damage was good for the game xD i am so, soooo going to enjoy using my bramma without killing myself ^^ i'm actually jumping in joy. and while they will salt their keyboard, i will be playing a better, improved and funnier game! 🙂

Edited by mikakor

6 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Alas, another step towards more inane facerolling gameplay continues as DE succumbs to the ever present whinge of inept players. 

Pretty much, from insta kills removed from Liches, to insta kills removed from Launchers.

The new knock back animation is smooth af, but I feel like the huge damage and explosion radius buffs are a bit much. I also think they could compromised and kept some self-damage by gating it at 20-25% of your health at a time (but that's just my opinion).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lion said:

Just going to remind everyone, yes the removal of self damage is bad for Chroma, but it's great for the other 40+ frames out there. As for Chroma mains, there are other ways to take damage besides blowing up your feet. Sure, none quite as mindless but the options remain there.

And bad for like over 3/4 of the weapon arsenal. As nice as removing self damage and making explosives weapons stronger sounds it's just going to create an ever larger power gap between weapon types, and inevitably force some kind of massive nerf or even full of redesign and simplification of primaries and secondaries in the future.

We just got done dealing with this problem in melee weapons and now we're apparently intensifying it in another.   

7 hours ago, zTribalz said:

Actually shield is invulnerable until the first step if the eidolons are tp due to no charged lure. The vulnerability of the first spawn is either a bug or intended mechanic. 

Thats kind of the thing: the bar of the Eidolon is greyed out and with a grey diamond, which means he should be invulnerable to all damage. But like when you fly to the Crewships in Railjack in a slingshot, the shields do take damage when they shouldnt. So, ironically, I'm waiting for the salt that will result from a bugfix.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Nocha said:

Its called Schadenfreude.

Also, see above.

Here's the thing, they don't even HAVE to kill self damage for Chroma, if they leave it on the mods only, but remove it from base weapon damage, the self damage from explosive round mods aren't something anyone is complaining about, they're not something that scales to huge levels and causes people a lot of grief.

But if this is their price, if they're being catty because they insisted on self damage for ages while we asked for it to be removed so it's an "all or nothing, lets see how you like it", then it's an easy, easy choice, screw self damage, I'll be WAY happier being able to use explosive weapons without blowing myself up primarily, screw Chroma.

I saw a lot of people talking about the eidolon fight and saying that it will have no impact to it. Im honestly just cringing to those comments due to fact that they are talking about something they have literally no idea.

I will not go in depth and even bother to explain as it is pointless arguing with ignorant people.

as for my personal opinion; In the end, I am okay with self damage removal. I am glad. BUT this is straight up removing chroma's way of play so, I expect a rework to his vex armor. Like many said here, It will be not reliable.

Edited by 8faiNt

For a game to be enjoyable - you need a certain level of difficulty. Self damage is a healthy one - a certain level of high risk - high reward system - you have great damage and splash, but you need to be considerate on where and when to shoot. To be aware of teammates going in front of you. It required some level of skill. If we remove this - when do we stop? What's next - sniper weapons will automatically land headshots, when in scope mode, because it's challenging to strike a moving target?! Then full autoaim?! Why not develop some bots, which play the game instead of us, because it's so challenging.
DE, if you want to make your game friendly to people with disabilities - you risk losing people like me, who enjoy a healthy challenge. And before those, who will be quick to be offended grab the pitchforks and bulletjump in my direction to express their righteous anger - I'm a 38 year old casual player, who plays WF few hours per evening. I'm not pro by any stretch of the imagination. But I want challenge. If I wanted some mindless clicker - I'd play Candy Crush. I suggest it to those, who find the self damage too hard to manage.

for eddys you can do wisp, oberon, volt , rhino, or ect there are plenty of other options then being self damage chroma , crying about a 1 trick play that takes 5 min to alter isnt worth it, warframe always changes so adapt and move on with your life (fin) 

Image result for helluva boss gif

for the 99.9% of players this is HUGE, why ? cause weapons we would otherwise NEVER touch , can now be used for play and utilize for actual "FUN" and or "functional/tactics" for builds and not worry about blowing themselves up and doing near nothing to enemies and feeling revulsion for those types. its a huge change up and even provides us with a back flip exit strategy to get away from enemies that are close

Image result for hallelujah gif madea

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

crying about a 1 trick play that takes 5 min to alter isnt worth it, warframe always changes

If they're taking away something I expect them to replace that very thing. AKA rework for chroma.

this isnt about replacing the role of chroma in eidolon, DPS is already the most changable role. the thing that bothers me and many chroma players is that it is not reliable to trust enemy hit to get your buff.

He was already asked for rework for many times. This is their chance to rework Chroma to be better.