Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Benefit To Having Warframe On An Ssd?

Trainer772

I have a Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 (210/200 mbps read/write) and a Samsung 840 Pro (540/520). There have been really weird moments in Warframe when my screen completely freezes up for a solid second before working again, and I've read that sudden disk activity can sometimes interfere with your frame rate when loading rooms. Otherwise my frame rate is perfectly fine.

Does anyone put this game on an SSD, and does it provide a boost in any aspect? And has anyone else been experiencing the one-second freezes amidst a steady frame rate?

Edited by Trainer772

I have it on my Vortex 4 , works fine. games like WOW or Rift or other large MMO games that store tons of map information on your drive will really help a lot with load times.   ( example using a teleport in rift or wow to go into another zone )

but thats it. if your MBPS or upload speed or ping are crap doesn't matter. SSD or not. your going is going to be laggly / slow

The only real performance gains is load times of levels; basically SSDs can stream data in to RAM faster than a HDD. But once the level and resources are on RAM, the Disk isn't really used until the level unloads and the menu reloads. 

It is noticeable though. And Warframe is fairly small compared to other games so it doesn't take up too much space on a SSD.