Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Considering Arcane Changes

wambo

with the newly planned arcane changes could we get the ability to derank or combine ranked arcanes somehow? a lot of players are sitting on rank 3 arcanes that will all be pretty much useless if you dont have any rank 0 arcanes left, since you cant combine ranked arcanes

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wambo said:

with the newly planned arcane changes could we get the ability to derank or combine ranked arcanes somehow? a lot of players are sitting on rank 3 arcanes that will all be pretty much useless if you dont have any rank 0 arcanes left, since you cant combine ranked arcanes

When they said anything about arcane changes? Today? Was there some form of livestream about or post?

Edited by MPonder

they said in the def workshop you will be able to break down the arcanes. so you can change your rank 3 into 10 rank 0 im more concerned about the amount ill need to get to rank 5.

i think at the moment it cost 2 then 3 then 4 for rank ups. if they keep with that trent it will cost 5 for rank 4 and 6 for rank 5 so we will need to get 21 for a rank 5 arcane. personally i don't want to farm/buy more arcanes and would like it if you will need 20 at max. personally i'll preferable only 15.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, b4timert said:

they said in the def workshop you will be able to break down the arcanes. so you can change your rank 3 into 10 rank 0 im more concerned about the amount ill need to get to rank 5.

The way they worded it sounded like you can directly fuse 2 rank 3s together to make a rank 5, which would also mean it takes 10 rank 0 to go from 3 to 5.

I understand that arcanes will be available for points in the operation, but let's face it,i own and  sold many rank 3 arcanes  and now you'll need more to get them to rank 5, and here is the problem...it's unfair and wrong, just wrong to change it like this, all rank 3 arcanes built before today's stream should be automatically upgraded to rank 5, specially considering that everyone was unable to break down upgraded arcanes, resulting in mistakes, failed trades and frustration. I hope DE makes the right move here, because there is simply to much injustice in this, if you bought a max rank arcane you are entitled (yes i said it) to a max rank arcane.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I understand that arcanes will be available for points in the operation, but let's face it,i own and  sold many rank 3 arcanes  and now you'll need more to get them to rank 5, and here is the problem...it's unfair and wrong, just wrong to change it like this, all rank 3 arcanes built before today's stream should be automatically upgraded to rank 5, specially considering that everyone was unable to break down upgraded arcanes, resulting in mistakes, failed trades and frustration. I hope DE makes the right move here, because there is simply to much injustice in this, if you bought a max rank arcane you are entitled (yes i said it) to a max rank arcane.

Actually DE states you can break down the arcanes into Rank 0s so you can instantly access rank 5.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Completely agree. I wouldnt say a single word if they automatically upped the ranks of the arcanes you already own proportionally, or at least made it so that the additional ranks actually improve it in ALL cases. This is the exact opposite - they are nerfing a lot of the stuff you have and are forcing you to grind for it again if you wanna get it to its maximum potential again (which in some cases is still worse than what it is now, e.g. Guardian, Energize, Grace etc.)

It´s a low blow, really, and part of me thinks it´s not being done as much for the sake of balancing/speading usage of arcanes, but simply to force players that have already farmed them to return to Eidolons and therefore squeeze a bit more playtime out of them. Completely disregarding that most people will probably hate every single minute of it and new players are going to have much harder time farming it all since they are actually adding like 5 new arcanes that are pretty much useless and will just polute the drop tables.

So bummed about this tbh...

Edited by Sarmok

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Still gonna suck as regards operator arcanes.

not so bad if you have full standing with the syndicates that offer them thoguh. I got tons of Eidolon Cores leftover and a few exploiter runs gets the Toroids for Vox Solaris. it's nothing that can't be easily fixed.

sucks for anyone running double Grace/Energize or whatever though. those are the ones mostly affected.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb TheNamelessMist:

are you serious, DE? the arcane nerfs are ridiculous and I haven't heard a single good justification for them. 

well what they said on the dev stream sounded pretty good as a justification to me. also it is a buff to arcanes as well ( if you don't double stack). they will have 1.5x the power as a single arcane. also they intend on buffing some arcanes (with the patch or in the future).

Edited by imbressive

16 minutes ago, imbressive said:

well what they said on the dev stream sounded pretty good as a justification to me. also it is a buff to arcanes as well ( if you don't double stack). they will have 1.5x the power as a single arcane. also they intend on buffing some arcanes (with the patch or in the future).

no double stack, cool down, and no re-trigger while active sounds like a nerf to me.

1 minute ago, TheNamelessMist said:

there better be. that's the very least DE can do. 

They made a point of mentioning it in the devstream, it wasn't terribly prominent tho. I'm going to assume it's probably mentioned in the Workshop post. 

I think they know better than to leave everyone high and dry especially when implementing such readical changes where they know so many people have ranked duplicates.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

They made a point of mentioning it in the devstream, it wasn't terribly prominent tho. I'm going to assume it's probably mentioned in the Workshop post. 

I think they know better than to leave everyone high and dry especially when implementing such readical changes where they know so many people have ranked duplicates.

exactly. I think the devstream raised more questions than it answered anyway and sometimes I got the feeling that they weren't quite sure about some of the implementations. I'm not surprised that there are a lot of rather upset and angry forum posts right now.