Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 139 Overview

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

IH8e_3GDmsHYJz8Aj1iL65axIsMFau_SSOKvelaY-Zttm_ofDh0azUoL82yn186bDOKRuXJGU6wZUJcbTvaVbaPbGSxHRfbDcSD_xEJuH-RQcWapP5bxxcoJb8isuIBIPbZA-2Yl
Welcome to devstream 139 overview 
Tennoccon & Corona Virus
(tickets release delayed/possible online event)

2020 Mainline - coming before scarlet spear (spear is after)

Spoiler

CAGKU2vW18AhWThM_7Y6FJneJqkV_HH_aOAugluQU-V_hGE_HysF9OA0G9rl6BbLtBud8cGg_LbHOUF8ol2MS98WPyGOUWWqIOE_UXrOH2Ooep6urfygHrk6tpWumM4429O6hgsg

Scarlet spear will also roll out squad link (phase 1) april: deadlock protocol 
Quest for the warframe in deadlock

GoNEfIsIrAFVrXsNhY2to5FsMOZuV22GGmujCMExevAAOBAFab2_6o59T4twH9sqWDv7Y1vEU054LKyXGCZfWFElpSeFDmzoQhY-iAHQ7oX51gaA2ZYcojShorXtCm23eMMMq62G

mCr0esGFSpROeRWOvq2IePer6Ua9344GccL5adfsox__5S4Hn1AxOK9E1KkgZmLOxnvQMhrMiB_wthq1-DFRifJ6dzc9SbzVzBtY7K4Wa4rRhS9nkpCcrUpa8-AZJ8_MoPLe4M6O

New war :

Spoiler

K0rfFHMq_4cz1TmqnDaDNq7yf-QRi34eVXYBNstoj6dhFCuF2NJZwCylY9ULgkJ0woVMZD0Sh70U4Hgucl3lRLTL-a7hI7lITTZz7Cxgy94354AGSMkX7vsbIU1OmHP26PfOXPwyho_eVMoPCUSu5-TBNDm51A7Un7Xj-5oTeufiwnTMhkzvX1Znwil7uMOWJj3aoWzN1UrSUyfuDPw6sUdCn8EArM5XCtqlIgbeHqGitpihHAxT4TDgkzMBV3ATrb0Qe-Qtymm9HYHB

Game changes

Spoiler

Massive changes to come (buffs/nerfs/cleanups)
System entropy of the game being cleaned up

armor/health/shields 
ARMOR curves for armor math
Blue current armor/orange new  S curve setup, lvl 70ish with diminish growth on it

-yD2ffrvd88SKHH1uRNsJ4IAu3oQnB0Gw71khEkAoaUZtRaZTAghEKz2HIsu4P3PzSeRxe-cOMHwwT7OxQoOo5NPEX6V2YgsN3n-3JmavERwYlv4Lyo0L2J42MvKfMT1l7VhQpPQ

(dont need to focus on corrosive to have successful builds) -the entire point of warframes diverse elements

NEW -Tenno stats (not shared with ai stats on map like prior)
Shield 25% flat damage reduction (WIP test model)
Infested will get more damage on strikes
Shield enemies have damage bleed over (5%) weak spot is 100%
Enemy “aim bot 1 shot” will be dropped down to be less occuring
Enemy burst weapons aimbot nerfed as the 1st 1&2 shots were guaranteed hits  
All warframes to have shield gate (reduce the insta kill)
Self Damage : self interrupts now , also ninja flip out of way , self cc scales on range and distance

aoNwr1SouXC2vmQj8StyynIr4AEoGwjlcYDcnXzdHLTw4GUNYZ5x_57ZuQ1vf1rAtTQJ_hM4jabeFbEL8JwrhBDFrbyck0CJkXNy4Lvviel2mElrbTcI5vSfllrCSZSdYWEbyU95
Scaling health & shields to excavator drones

new UI changes, no more hovering
 you can finally slot the same mod into companions as the Warframe you're using
Weapon stats no hold over 

oChdi0bhE4aNV8Wk1HEVjOQy_sV25auu_LohzvKcWWhcZv1PT-RJGO1dSxjSl8QK0lt5UV6s9qum7YAOYO2fkopYou9dHERSBIh5_6bWSAbu-41OqzfEgGy2fBSOZ93aLjzECrjh

Pizza upgrades- clan 100 setups and to use railjack resources 

rfNWlfSyDqqWQ34p5eNdn904Ly7o0h1blNTCf1-hhjp0-a1DU5VHtM0kS3ccSGcK0HoUsI-FHe_FAsNHhFGZif2C6jTVdjBb0KRJAE2u1olF0OxzqByClag7YBlRD__c3aMbH2HG

status buff

if status weapon stat is 100%+ it can proc multiple status and it can proc different ones, enhanced status effect on enemies affected by the same proc

shotgun fix also , bufs to status and function , status per projectile , not rip

ZxIGJJSTsIU4vK7QsPpLcqVUMCAnNQuHeECujgXNND64u0JtOk7uQZbxEFGbP8jCASB-39_DrmOiUz3N03Dd9bG85p9pWSddWaFhgHryP6rUo1w6udszxHEF5GevkoJemRUi1NZI

Lich changes -Missed parazone shared with squad
HDR system , win ten setup required
Can shoot grenades
Field of View expansion

Nova wormhole to be able to fire projectiles 

RailJack

Spoiler

Grind is to high (rising tide) 

n7gliod6855p4uXfBPb4I4bAt49iSRbIgKq96YW5ia3B_QSwE_cmxVE7qmPXHzaZ-z_quhD8JvUIDSYTXi7_0ozYfVWb3rD5PdsCLHv_p02kfJoXdHE7kcJrGtzylxoHAW_PAeG8

Resource “differences” will be refunded +2 repair drones to all early railjack adopters
(railjack bug fixes)-bug triage increase for server cluster
 Avionics item labels on by default 
Forge all button to come

Arcane changes

Spoiler

Audit of nerf/buff to normalize and vary build variance
Special thing to turn the tide of combat
Double stacking is gone
All arcanes that did stack have a buff beyond double stack (example pic)
Cooldown mechanic to be added to the OP ones
Change to the meta (overdue) 

IAr7jL1R8OvU8RuoxFpO3R2LC54A4zcyd7Lc58ep5mKRmZ5oofrhgcpJKZQO74YB6kjKx1nLxKB30Layd7vkj6xMSnSj5dgQgAmgYgdTBc2KN4MV-7i73QJgKUMHmMWlK7UICz_-JzzpvKeT3ptdGrM4b83cYnUucRlhpMammRueOv3xZaUbvVNJKMfdhMHsFcVQwz8SkZPbdcUPGHb38IeCSbqRtoZfSfKmpLWK8YGiTrJuTMTDXVa1DzbSG5CZzpU7TISwPuSQRFph

Misc

Spoiler

m0p3I9pNwX_VBwVD7HoD2cwDTwEmwfenIdqnjeMBLlI8BehteC3SAWgSuCe__fxmcUPkwjJGFOV4XwmspITsndNowiaJIyaZVl-0NfdwlE1GuATqcktl1G9xXDz43OzyyRRXgi_R

Lotus in smash(altered state in game also)

cl6IuYa5jR3S7Qq4TMBo929HIPTBc-0jzpbtyoIjFD25Jz-SsCJElYSHZWRmvt2pVFvcf5aeGXvzGE3CWil9siPNR7z29OMigKlskO7VVmrQlrql6gpk63laL8aDEBexELsW-Zp3

NzOJn_qF4vaajiyOpRss6iUK6ZAGcylJFgTXEpQrGp8ABE6Lu60rK9Lo1kql3q5GoAYK7FyGB7V4WPEllhx90dPgDlvNaEo5FMcOW4ryjEA8xNHNXkhS8i7x3K7MoBs80x7RN6pj

Best regards as always

~Mako

448246873539477524.png?v=1

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako
  • Like 6

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

im interested in the changes and reworks to stuff, more build diveristy means more ways to play 

That one is a positive thing also the reward changes would be interesting. The shield gating overall seems okay and the way to bypass self damage but I personally never had problem with that.

Actually the shield, armor, hp changes would be interesting for me and I welcome the status mods buffs but probably few weapons will use these as mandatory. The shotgun status per changes is reminds me the current ignis how it works.

Overall seems positive to me.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

That one is a positive thing also the reward changes would be interesting. The shield gating overall seems okay and the way to bypass self damage but I personally never had problem with that.

Actually the shield, armor, hp changes would be interesting for me and I welcome the status mods buffs but probably few weapons will use these as mandatory. The shotgun status per changes is reminds me the current ignis how it works.

Overall seems positive to me.

yea i agree it was more positive in the cleanup idea, the shield gating the armor scales, separate tenno stats, changes to arcanes and lots of things in general like status i see as good moves forward 

though steves use of "entropy" cringed me as entropy is chaos that ever expands, if you clean something it makes more entropy not reverse it (little physics tiff)

4 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Oh the new AM-Bunny concept ?

Btw amazing work ^.^ 

ive been doing it for a few years now *shrugs*

this one was just a lot of info 

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

yea i agree it was more positive in the cleanup idea, the shield gating the armor scales, separate tenno stats, changes to arcanes and lots of things in general like status i see as good moves forward 

though steves use of "entropy" cringed me as entropy is chaos that ever expands, if you clean something it makes more entropy not reverse it (little physics tiff)

ive been doing it for a few years now *shrugs*

this one was just a lot of info 

Wait what ! How did i miss that !

Sry ^.^ well good work none the less ^.^ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Tennocon may be an online only thing?

Well, thay sucks.  Now I'm not sure I want to buy my airline ticket this far ahead.  (Ya know, when it's not $1,000+  ;-;)

You tell me Ramens with cheese curds are a pain to ship LOL

Honestly hope it wont be online the First year i'm actually able to go.

8 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

You tell me Ramens with cheese curds are a pain to ship LOL

Honestly hope it wont be online the First year i'm actually able to go.

Well, could do an unofficial, community based one lol

12 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

oof yea i remember you saying that you were prepping early this year 

I think I'm still gonna prep but spend a bit more to make sure I can get refunds if I have to cancel. 

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well it just seems extremely counter productive to reduce enemy armor scaling, allowing players to kill higher leveled enemies, only to then make methods of player survival worse, so that they can’t even reach those higher levels.

We'll see how the balance plays out, we do need balance and in order for that the see-saw effect will take place. Some will be displaced during this time, but hopefully if DE is diligent we will have a better semblance of balance, and  might even get a 'challenging endgame" for vets.

If I'm reading that chart right it would stand to be that armor will now start better than it was before 70 but plateau out post 70 instead of SPIKING TO THE GODDAMN MOON like it previously did.

I for one welcome this, also the shielding ideas are nice, though 25% flat reduction with gating might swing the pendulum a bit far in the other direction, we'd need to see that being tested out to really know because napkin math doesn't factor in evasion all that well. Though Slash not going through Shields is a good change imo, makes Corpus good against something that the Grineer aren't.

"Self-damage interrupts" If I'm understanding that right it means that the blowback is going to be a stagger based on some factors of the weapon, excuse me while I throw a parade for DE.

The detailed changes to player side calculations are a good idea, having them interlocked with enemy calculations has been a problem for far too long. Same with the Infested packing a bigger punch, makes them something that you don't just unga-bunga through with a sharp object.

The Arcane changes don't really effect me, but boy is the salt gonna be real on that subject.

Excavation Scaling, I have but one word, HALLELUJAH.

Vauban Armor buff, about damn time.

Trimming the fat in the drop tables, also about damn time.

Multi-status application and status changes: I have concern about shotguns all turning into the Khom, but otherwise am hopeful. Also the basic status chance mods not being a joke is a change for the better.

Grenade indicator: THANK GOD I hated playing a game of "find the beeping" to avoid those things.

Looking over the Railjack changes in the other thread I see nothing but complaints from "veterans" who already have built everything and waited the full time, I for one welcome the change if only because it remaining obtuse does nothing but drive players away when they see what they need for the new game mode.

Overall I hope they can deliver on these things and fully welcome our new Hildryn overlords.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well it just seems extremely counter productive to reduce enemy armor scaling, allowing players to kill higher leveled enemies, only to then make methods of player survival worse, so that they can’t even reach those higher levels.

Bear in mind, this affects Sortie and Veil level enemies, which I imagine are the main intent, alongside future-proofing. Don't forget they've said that they don't design around endurance runs. Plus there's the fact that it makes balancing easier overall now that we aren't dealing with EHP deviation that resembles the difference between Final Fantasy and Paper Mario.

Overall, I'm very  happy with this devstream. Warframes foundations have been creaking for a while now, and only shaking more and more with every new thing added. DE using the opportunity of their year of themed content (i.e. New War) to go back and do some maintainance is a very good sign.