Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt is still the best classic warframe in the game.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

I love that warframe

He's a warframe that did not need a special gauge or a damage reduction ability to perform well 

He is the fastest warframe in the game...he can beat zephyr, titania and even nova...i'm not crazy i've done the tests (in a normal race that is not in everyday mission)

His powers are very straightforward...yet he's one of the more complicated warframes to build

And he has one of the coolest intros in any cinematic trailer in any game XD

His cons are the outdated electricity Effects...it needs to be refined to look like real electricity similar to an electric proc or like vengeful charge ephemera, with DE's current technology 

And his survivability in today's content rely on him not being mobile which sucks 

He also needs a new deluxe, but that's not a con...that's just a sad fact...his fashion frame lacks 😞

I feel like not enough people giving enough credit on how Volt is one of the best frame and here's my reasons:

Selfish speedframes like Gauss and Nezha will get outrunned by a spoiler mode with way-bounds in most tileset in void fissures, so rather than just being first place in a finish line wainting for everyone to extract or trying to compete with spoiler mode, speed volt enable 4 man speed up so those without proper spoiler minmaxing can finish almost as fast as him while build enough range and strength to nuke low-mid void fissures with a 4 spam with Natural Talent.

ESO, yeah it's somehow a thing, but pair with a squad of saryn, EV trinity, and rhino, he becomes a primary dps vs non-armored enemies that have more kills than saryn until armor kicks in like zone 8 or something.

Tridolon, no other frames can buff spoiler mode dmg with amps as well as Volt so no competition there.

For a starter frame, I feel like he provide too much for how easily you can minmax him with 3 different builds. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnafiro said:

I feel like not enough people giving enough credit on how Volt is one of the best frame and here's my reasons:

Selfish speedframes like Gauss and Nezha will get outrunned by a spoiler mode with way-bounds in most tileset in void fissures, so rather than just being first place in a finish line wainting for everyone to extract or trying to compete with spoiler mode, speed volt enable 4 man speed up so those without proper spoiler minmaxing can finish almost as fast as him while build enough range and strength to nuke low-mid void fissures with a 4 spam with Natural Talent.

ESO, yeah it's somehow a thing, but pair with a squad of saryn, EV trinity, and rhino, he becomes a primary dps vs non-armored enemies that have more kills than saryn until armor kicks in like zone 8 or something.

Tridolon, no other frames can buff spoiler mode dmg with amps as well as Volt so no competition there.

For a starter frame, I feel like he provide too much for how easily you can minmax him with 3 different builds. 

Yeah, he's like one of the squishiest frame in the game, but the fact that your 4 double down as a dmg and CC tool without a need of line-of-sight means he have a glass cannon mentality of "kill everything before they hit you" type of frame.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ragnafiro said:

Volt’s skillset and tactical/build diversity have strengthened as the game’s Mod and weapon library have grown/matured.

He is a WEAPON AUGMENT frame with situational flexibility.

Now stop giving away secrets.  

• Like 1

This will be a very unpopular statement but I never liked Volt.

My first impression was a spamer that caused me to miss jumps, threw off my rhythm, and caused a lot of problems causing me to boarder line hate the frame, kinda like how many view limbo.

No longer new, I no longer hate Volt, I still see it as a troll spammer but that's about it.

As to the best are you sure that you are not seeing it through rose colored glasses as the old saying goes?

In the hands of a skilled player even Mag can be seen as the best "Classic" frame.

There is no doubt that Volt is the fasted ground unit in the game but still a hard pressed Volt can still lose, Excal is a deadly melee frame that was madefor close quarter combat, while Mag is a support unit starter and fills that role well.

In the end a classic frame is only as good as the one who uses it, this true for all of them.

Edited by (PS4)Jason_V_Jade
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Jason_V_Jade said:

This will be a very unpopular statement but I never liked Volt.

My first impression was a spamer that caused me to miss jumps, threw off my rhythm, and caused a lot of problems causing me to boarder line hate the frame, kinda like how many view limbo.

No longer new, I no longer hate Volt, I still see it as a troll spammer but that's about it.

As to the best are you sure that you are not seeing it through rose colored glasses as the old saying goes?

In the hands of a skilled player even Mag can be seen as the best "Classic" frame.

There is no doubt that Volt is the fasted ground unit in the game but still a hard pressed Volt can still lose, Excal is a deadly melee frame that was madefor close quarter combat, while Mag is a support unit starter and fills that role well.

In the end a classic frame is only as good as the one who uses it, this true for all of them.

I wouldn't be so quick to discount him. He's a great jack of all trades, has one of the best AoE abilities, currently an ultra powerful buffer able to add bonus electricity damage (via an augment, as well as his by default with electric shield) and give himself and allies a flat 200% crit damage multiplier, on top of the fact that he doesn't even need to run attack speed mods on his melee. He's also fairly tanky being a great candidate for a Quick Thinking build.

Edited by Lion
  • Like 1

Loki is faster when he receives volt buff.

And was the best starter. Even now his niche ability to massively strip weapons permanently is more useful outside base stanchart difficulty. 

Excalibur can side as stealth, his radial blind in the right hands can allow him to maintain stealth affinity multiplier indefinitely, and finally he can fly with his 1 with the right setup.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lion said:

I wouldn't be so quick to discount him. He's a great jack of all trades, has one of the best AoE abilities, currently an ultra powerful buffer able to add bonus electricity damage (via an augment, as well as his by default with electric shield) and give himself and allies a flat 200% crit damage multiplier, on top of the fact that he doesn't even need to run attack speed mods on his melee. He's also fairly tanky being a great candidate for a Quick Thinking build.

I always shake off volt's 'buff' as I said before it ruins my rhythm.

With that said I stand by my comment.

10 hours ago, Ragnafiro said:

Yeah, he's like one of the squishiest frame in the game, but the fact that your 4 double down as a dmg and CC tool without a need of line-of-sight means he have a glass cannon mentality of "kill everything before they hit you" type of frame.

These are called Nukers. Damage without sight.

He's always been a top tired frame because of his speed, killing everything before slower frames can even run to enemies.

The only thing I would change with his kit is he ability 3 shields. If they add hold to trigger a electric shield aura he now becomes super duper hard to kill because his shield is based off duration mods. Stack some in front of yourself and hold for one then makes him one of the best survival frames if implemented.

Also nerf his 4, enemy reduces damage by half per enemy hit.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

These are called Nukers. Damage without sight.

He's always been a top tired frame because of his speed, killing everything before slower frames can even run to enemies.

The only thing I would change with his kit is he ability 3 shields. If they add hold to trigger a electric shield aura he now becomes super duper hard to kill because his shield is based off duration mods. Stack some in front of yourself and hold for one then makes him one of the best survival frames if implemented.

Also nerf his 4, enemy reduces damage by half per enemy hit.

His 4 isn't even that good

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

His 4 isn't even that good

It's one of the best (read; only) nukes in the game. It does well enough for Elite Sanctuary Onslaught to be competitive with a Saryn for the first few rounds.

Also he's like the only male nuke frame wth DE 😞

Edited by Lion
  • Like 1