Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcanes


DarkSkysz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since their level is increasing to 5, we will need more copies to max them out...now imagine arcane energize (the most expensive arcane) going for 3k+ plat at rank 5...

See the problem? It's time to make them easier to get. Change the eidolon to reward points and with those points we can buy the arcanes. Basically the same system we have for some arcanes already. With that we wont lose time with dupes we don't need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

They did said the Operation Scarlet Spear would reward Arcanes tho, so no more having to wait till night time in the plains, to get arcanes. More options the better.

And if that sticks around, it might be a solution. However, DE are pushing this as a temporary event like when we rebuilt that Relay that one time. What do we do once it's gone?

More to the point, why are Warframe Arcanes gated behind Eidolongs in the first place? All other Arcanes are available to buy for Standing with various Syndicates.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

And if that sticks around, it might be a solution. However, DE are pushing this as a temporary event like when we rebuilt that Relay that one time. What do we do once it's gone?

They are likely going to add more ways to get the arcanes an make the rates to get the harder to get arcanes alot less painful. Though honestly even with the Cooldowns attached to them, Energize, Grace, Guardian, Aegis and Barrier will likely still be the meta pick ones and the usual few used for very particular content like eidolon hunting such as nullifier & that sniper reload speed increase arcane for Rubico.

Quote

More to the point, why are Warframe Arcanes gated behind Eidolongs in the first place? All other Arcanes are available to buy for Standing with various Syndicates.

Because D.E. had to put them somewhere else before they remove raids completely. Which atleast had a once per day limit to keep the values high, the rarity on the good end and the E-peen feel of owning a full set felt like a real badge of honor instead of just being mandatory to builds or gtfo.

The fact we got ones for operators, amps & modular weapons was just D.E. getting lazy to give mod benches to the first two, did not want to likely break things by making the latter augment mods and likely because they never got around to deciding to finally give us weapon exilus slots.

Speaking of which Where the melee weapon exilus slots D.E.??????

Edited by Avienas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

They did said the Operation Scarlet Spear would reward Arcanes tho, so no more having to wait till night time in the plains, to get arcanes. More options the better.

what if i have to go out of town that month? pay lots of rl $$ to buy off of arcane traders? that is probably the real goal here, get people to pony up and use a credit card to be meta again. can't say i am a fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Avienas said:

Because D.E. had to put them somewhere else before they remove raids completely. Which atleast had a once per day limit to keep the values high, the rarity on the good end and the E-peen feel of owning a full set felt like a real badge of honor instead of just being mandatory to builds or gtfo.

I don't see how rarity can ever be "on the good end." Throughout MMO history, nothing has ever been sufficiently "balanced by rarity." It's just another form of a balance of extremes. Make Arcanes overpowered, but it's OK because not a lot of people will have them in large numbers. Except every single time I've seen this, people have leaned into the grind or paid real money and gotten them in large numbers anyway, to the point where balance now has to shift to account for them. Eventually, these "rare" items become status quo and the people who don't have them end up looking at a grind to meet a gear check.

I would hope that by this point, DE have learned the folly of trying to cater to the ePeen. Payday 2 paid with its life learning this lesson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

I don't see how rarity can ever be "on the good end." Throughout MMO history, nothing has ever been sufficiently "balanced by rarity." It's just another form of a balance of extremes.

Because in normal games, one had to either beat extremely hard content to get access to a drop pool of powerful goodies or it had to be a low drop rate off a common enough enemy to kill multiple times to acquire. D.E. pretty much ends up trying to mosh those things together way too often and usually on the extreme ends.

Never the less, when O.P. stuff is too easily accessible, then it can ruin games rather easily. Such as if you played FF11 and you knew of notorious monsters, which tend to have very small spawn windows and usually only can be claimed a few times a day, you can understand the rarity of it and when your running around with one of those untradable powerful equips. Such as the empress hairpin(or whichever the untradable ver is called), people tend to not see you as some newbie when your sporting that equip that gave huge amounts of evasion and could be used for many dozens of levels above its level requirement.

 

So it normally became the idea of if you wanted to take standard run of the mill gear or you wanted to take the approach to chasing after those +1 better gear versions or rare drops to make your character a whole lot better. Especially when stuff much better then it should be at the level. Especially on a game that lets you change between multiple classes or can be used by multiple characters on your account and still could be traded between chars in your account via a bank or something.

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

Make Arcanes overpowered, but it's OK because not a lot of people will have them in large numbers.

Most builds these days RELY on arcanes because the ease to farm them literally tripled to quintuple per instance of farming plus one can get as many as 6 to 8 instances of tri-dolon hunting when you do the math. Trust me thats alot of instances where people can farm arcanes compared to now and we know how `royalty`LY, that extra rolls can be to acquire something.

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

Except every single time I've seen this, people have leaned into the grind or paid real money and gotten them in large numbers anyway, to the point where balance now has to shift to account for them. Eventually, these "rare" items become status quo and the people who don't have them end up looking at a grind to meet a gear check.

Which is kind of why i want D.E. to simplify alot of the previous grinds to make things more friendly and flow-some, do you think people enjoy jumping thru a bunch of hoops only to have to jump thru a bunch of more hoops then even more hoops just to reach a point of being satisfactory level to high level content gameplay? Yet still have yet to reach the point of decently good, much less being decently optimized for things like being forced into more grinding of stuff that may or may not be entirely useless (aka most of the focus tree system).

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

I would hope that by this point, DE have learned the folly of trying to cater to the ePeen. Payday 2 paid with its life learning this lesson.

I may of stopped letting the knife im holding to be drawing blood constantly from thar necks, a tad but i am still holding that knife close to thar necks...When i have to describe how i am not going to be going any-where near reverting back to the logic of just letting things slide on D.E.`s part when they get lazy. Addressing a few things people have been asking for on a long time is not going to instantly fix everything. Just like the same logic of not forgiving someone for being a arsehole to you for a long time and them thinking its ok to constantly bully you and harass you on the account that your forced to live with them and thar antics get in the way of things you have to do in life..

plus lets be honest, D.E. clearly has no focus to cater to both the newbies or the veterans, since they cant even get a focus on either end`s rights. Both require making tedious systems a whole lot LESS tedious, the former requires simplification complex gameplay loops  and the latter requires making the end game truly have worthwhile ends that can end up making one self stand out alot better then one`s early game, then just some simple trophy. Kind of why i would of liked things like the focus system to be a much more impactful element in warframe, then just being a E.Z. rezzer & traversal tool and a E.Z. healer of things & energy dispenser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Avienas said:

I may of stopped letting the knife im holding to be drawing blood constantly from thar necks, a tad but i am still holding that knife close to thar necks...When i have to describe how i am not going to be going any-where near reverting back to the logic of just letting things slide on D.E.`s part when they get lazy. Addressing a few things people have been asking for on a long time is not going to instantly fix everything. Just like the same logic of not forgiving someone for being a arsehole to you for a long time and them thinking its ok to constantly bully you and harass you on the account that your forced to live with them and thar antics get in the way of things you have to do in life..

No no - I get that. I too hope that DE will have the good sense to sell Warframe Arcanes somewhere else besides just gating them as Eidolon drops. I mean, sell them as blueprints from the Quills, say. These things aren't rare any more and - as you said - have become the status quo that DE balance around. If they're smart, they probably already know that trying to gate Arcanes behind rarity isn't working and there's no putting that genie back in the bottle any more.

And incidentally, can we please give those #*!%ing things their own unique name already? Warframe Arcanes are the only ones still called just "Arcane." We have Magus Arcanes, Virtuous Arcanes, Exodia Arcanes, Pax Arcanes and... Arcanes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...