Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raskalnickoff

elemental strategy

I really like the the collectible card game and that early on it makes a big difference between choosing extra heat damage on my Mk1-Braton or flat damage. But I find that lately (@MR25) I am only choosing between status or crit mods. I have one magnetic loadout for the corpus Index map (Rad for Eidolons), but everything else seems like I can manage regardless what damage types I take.

There are also the warframe element mods like [Diamond skin] that I have never thought was a good strategic choice, even on radiation sorties.

Would it be fun, do you think, if we had some high level enemies that forced us to consider elemental strategies?

say, for example a corpus enemy like Mr Freeze. https://youtu.be/y__05DUbbec?t=176

Mister_Freeze_(Arnold_Schwarzenegger).jp

Let him take zero damage from: Viral, Blast, Magnetic
Let him heal from Cold damage, even if it's from 10% of what we do to him
Let him take 200% damage if we have thought about strategy in our loadout and have some Heat mods equipped

elemental loadouts might change a little judging by the latest Dev workshop, and how having over 100% status will allow multiple procs at once. base status mods like Sure shot are finally going to get a much needed buff (about time!), and shotguns are going to have their status tripled - yes, tripled. I think Status builds are gonna be totally different eventually, and then you might have to think more about which elements to take.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

shotguns are going to have their status tripled - yes, tripled. I think Status builds are gonna be totally different eventually, and then you might have to think more about which elements to take.

Which will be a nerf (and a big one for most), to any shotgun that could reach 100% before.

3 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Which will be a nerf (and a big one for most), to any shotgun that could reach 100% before.

you also have to consider the changes to armor scaling though, as it can be argued that we won't be needing insane status weapons if there isn't nearly as much armor to strip. there's a chance that the issue could basically cancel itself out. even if it doesn't, Shotguns are still stronger than most primary weapons.

well you kinda need to consider specific elemental types for specific factions already, its just that you only need that in pretty high lvl scenarios ( lvl 150+ enemies). i wish we would be forced much earlier to do that ( around lvl 40-50 enemies).

still given the information from devstream 139 and upcoming changes to not only how status chance works, but also the hp,shields and armor, i think the devs are on the right track.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

you also have to consider the changes to armor scaling though, as it can be argued that we won't be needing insane status weapons if there isn't nearly as much armor to strip. there's a chance that the issue could basically cancel itself out. even if it doesn't, Shotguns are still stronger than most primary weapons.

I can't say I'm a fan of the armor changes, as I much prefer to increase the power level of the frames over reducing that of the enemies'. Even then it's still a nerf (even if it's just a perceived nerf for armor), especially to anything without armor (and if they retcon the armor changes).

And in my experience if you factor in things like usability and versatility, the "rifle" half of the primary list has been much stronger than shotguns for at least a year.

10 minutes ago, imbressive said:

i wish we would be forced much earlier to do that ( around lvl 40-50 enemies).

That'd make inventory management way too much of a pain-in-the-ass unless we could change configs in-mission.