Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma mains; the only reason self damage was removed was because WF is a badly coded game.

DraekoSilver

Please don't be angry at other players, its not our faults. Most of us never wanted this. The only reason that self damage is getting removed NOW, after all these years is because they made the kuva bramma.

As someone who as used the tonkor for about 100 hours, I can safely say that I didn't want self damage removed, I wanted a better "cautious shot" mod.

Fewer levels, less drain, more protection, no debuff, maybe a small buff to blast damage. Thats what I wanted.

The problem is that DE made the kuva bramma without realizing that it could not use Cautious Shot without causing the whole modding system to collapse.

TLDR: They made a weapon that would break the whole game if it use a certain mod, so they axed the self damage. It was nothing to do with us players. It was because of bad coding from the devs.

We are not your enemy.

• Like 2

That's 100% not the case.

Yeah, I mentioned that exact thing in the other thread.  As a joke.  Because I can think of a dozen better solutions to "Bows are weird and the inheritances are too messed up to just copy/paste this mod" than "Completely change how this entire system works specifically not because it's a highly-requested change with good well-reasoned arguments for it."

Chroma's needed looked at for a long while now, even with Self-Damage he had two severely lackluster abilities, and two (other than their activation method) fairly uninteresting stat buffs.  I'd rather see the entire game evolve when necessary than hold it back because one single Frame needs it as a crutch.

• Like 16

Chroma Main here. I actually prefer the removal of self damage entirely, it’s simple and fixes a lot of problems. I don’t want Cautios Shot to be just another band-aid to a big problem.

But hey, at least now that other Chroma mains are REEEEING at DE they can now finally put him in the rework queue because Rhino is gonna become the new 5x3 Eidolon DPS and without self damage Chroma is now showing his TRUE problems that can only be solved by a rework and revisit

• Like 20

Actually I've been seeing ppl asking for no self damage long ago, way before bramma was released.

It wasn't something on top of my wish list but, hey it's ok. What I rly wanted was a little buff to other self damage weapons to keep the high risk/ reward... lol 

• Like 1

A lot of people didn't use stuff like zarr because it could kill you outright with one slip up.  Especially in arbitration missions.  We've wanted no self damage for a long while, chroma is just the sacrificial lamb to get what 99% of the other players want to them.  They aren't going to make some exception for just chroma, really what should happen is a chroma rework but I'm skeptical.  

• Like 4

hey, if this outcry gets us a proper Chroma rework, I say let them get salty. I want Pablo to work his magic on Spectral Scream and Effigy, and make Toxin and Shock Chroma actually USEFUL.

and self damage has been an issue since long before Bramma was even invented. Ogris, Penta, and both secondary launchers (Kulstar and Angstrum) have racked up an impressive kill count for themselves over the years. the Kuva Bramma is the most recent explosive weapon, and arguably has some of the biggest explosions, but it shouldn't be blamed for the problems of self-damage: that's DE's fault for not deciding sooner rather than later and giving us explosives to play with before they could make up their minds.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

I detect high levels of sodium chloride in this thread

It isn't just here, in other threads we already have people going "sneering elitist" over the loss of self-damage claiming it is making the game even easier.

Because explosive weapons were SUCH a skillful way to play the game compared to a Mesa/Saryn/Equinox pressing 4.

It is just plain sad how some people will defend bad game mechanics for the sake of boasting over others.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Chroma Main here. I actually prefer the removal of self damage entirely, it’s simple and fixes a lot of problems. I don’t want Cautios Shot to be just another band-aid to a big problem.

But hey, at least now that other Chroma mains are REEEEING at DE they can now finally put him in the rework queue because Rhino is gonna become the new 5x3 Eidolon DPS and without self damage Chroma is now showing his TRUE problems that can only be solved by a rework and revisit

Is Rhino really that good? Wouldn't Oberon with smite infusion be better? I don't do much Eidolons so I dont know a S#&$ about killing them.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It isn't just here, in other threads we already have people going "sneering elitist" over the loss of self-damage claiming it is making the game even easier.

Because explosive weapons were SUCH a skillful way to play the game compared to a Mesa/Saryn/Equinox pressing 4.

Yeah because purposely damaging yourself is "skillful"

43 minutes ago, DraekoSilver said:

TLDR: They made a weapon that would break the whole game if it use a certain mod, so they axed the self damage. It was nothing to do with us players. It was because of bad coding from the devs.

Yet the Kuva Bramma fulfilled the "high risk, high reward" more successfully than other weapons with self-damage. The only weapon that ripped the game's balance in half is the Catchmoon before the Old Blood, and it didn't even need a "certain mod" just to break the game.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DraekoSilver said:

I do not know coding, but this doesn't sound like coding to me. Sounds more like the salt tbh.

They did not axed the self damage because of the Kuva Bramma, they did it, because it was already due. For years players have asked for the removal of self damage, and if you didnt know, Cautious Shot was a band aid only. It sacrifices a mod slot that could be used for better mods, and it didn't even did its job right, even after they changed it from 90% to 99%, that single 1% of self damage, was more than enough to send your Warframe to the moon.

• Like 1

yeah they decided to remove self damage, spend the time and resources to animate and program a new mechanic into the game, as well as change cautious shot to work with the new mechanic, all because they were too lazy to change/ add a different cautious shot...

you do realize how absurd that sounds right?

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I never even used self damage for my eidolon chroma. There are plenty of ways of hurting yourself, for example the eidolons blood that pools around it once you've broken a limb. 

1 hour ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Is Rhino really that good? Wouldn't Oberon with smite infusion be better? I don't do much Eidolons so I dont know a S#&$ about killing them.

His Roar buffs total damage and with a 300% STR Build he can compete with Chroma in terms of DPS and his buff is instant. Time is everything in 5x3 runs and you don't want to wait the DPS to charge his buffs, which can be a problem for Post-Self damage removal Chroma and this may kick him out of the Meta.

Oberon doesn't offer that much damage boost compared to Chroma and Rhino and they can tank better. Sure he can be a good alternative but he is more like a substitute.

Edited by DrivaMain

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

People wanted self damage gone.

Now they are trying to defend it from leaving the game??

Well, that's funny 🙂

Shhhh we are trying to parlay this change into an incredibly overdue chroma rework.  So help us out and whine with us!

omg chroma is poop without self damage!  Rabble rabble!