Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Augments

Krytac-

So until Wisp gets some augments, I have been brainstorming some fun ideas for her. 

Remember, these are only ideas, that I would like to share with all of you, and, why not its fun.

1. Reservoirs

Augment: Symbiotic Exchange

Wisp places a reservoir on herself with an AOE field that will apply its buff to allies within its range. The Reservoirs will only last as long as the buffs duration, but once expired, you will get the full duration of the buff.

(The idea here is to make Wisp much less tedious to play in modes outside of Defense, and Mobile Defense, and sometimes survival)

2. Will-O-Wisp

Augment: Sol Burst

If Wisp's spectral image comes in contact of enemies, it will detonate in a 15m radius, providing a knockdown and guaranteed fire proc. If holding the spectral image, it will detonate as soon as you teleport to its position.

(If you like using melee weapons, this is the opening ability you will find yourself using every time)

3. Breach Surge

Augment: Breach Swarm

If an enemy is killed by Wisp with Breach Surge applied, the enemy spawns 5 Breach Swarms that seek out enemies and detonate on contact, dealing 100 damage per Swarm.

(Room clear, and it would be very entertaining to watch)

4. Sol Gate

Augment: Energizing Flare

Using Sol Gates beam on an ally will regenerate their energy at the same rate as your energy drain. 

(More support abilities! Yay!)

Thanks for reading! I'd love any suggestions! 

Like I said, this is just for fun, but I think these augments would be so great for her character and bring wisp more utility.

Edited by Krytac-

28 minutes ago, Krytac- said:

4. Sol Gate

Using Sol Gates beam on an ally will regenerate their energy at the same rate as your energy drain. 

Very interesting, but I don't think I would use it ever since aiming with Sol Gate is already a tad cumbersome. Let alone aim at bullet jumping allies.

• Like 1

1) I don't like it. Her 1 is fine as is and Wisp is already good in almost every game mode. I don't understand why you think she's tedious in other modes.

2) Personally I would never want my 2 to end early. It keeps me invisible and distracts enemies, why do I need it to detonate?

3) Her 3 already somewhat does this but better. Going back to her 2, you say that the augment would make it a melee range ability? It already can be. Press 2, then when it's near a group of enemies, press 3 onto a reservoir. Press 2 again, melee all the stunned enemies that take a ton of extra damage and that send out projectiles on death seeking out nearby enemies for tons of damage again. Fun times.

4) FFS why... actually... that sounds interesting. Giving energy at the same rate you lose it sounds silly and it probably wouldn't work through channeling, but with a numbers tweak that  'could' be interesting. I personally don't like it since it already steps on the toes of other energy providing frames, but it 'could' work.

If anything, I'd give her 3 the resonance treatment, where killing an afflicted enemy procs another breach surge around the target. That sounds like it'd be really fun.

Edited by doominator10

18 hours ago, doominator10 said:

I don't like it. Her 1 is fine as is and Wisp is already good in almost every game mode. I don't understand why you think she's tedious in other modes

Well you see, when you have a linear objective such as exterminate or capture, its quite tedious to always be rushing ahead of your allies and cycle red and green buffs. This is more for a change to make sure you can keep buffs on your allies. While not necessarily needing to rush ahead of them.

2) Personally I would never want my 2 to end early. It keeps me invisible and distracts enemies, why do I need it to detonate?

Gap closer and melee opener. It still retains its stealth, just gives another offensive option.

If anything, I'd give her 3 the resonance treatment, where killing an afflicted enemy procs another breach surge around the target.

so killing an enemy with 3 on will cast another 3? Thats uhh...wow quite op lol

I love the wisp frame.  I use her exclusively to rank up weapons as I have not really figured out how to use her effectively in mobile defense or any mission other than defense, actually.  Needing to replace buffs at the reservoirs makes her kind of limited to the same space.  If I could cancel one reservoir in one part of the map and move to another location and start another one would make her better for exterminates and missions you have to be roaming around in.

But, I haven't really learned how to play her to her fullest potential.  So, I could be wrong and missing out on a lot with her.

On 2020-02-28 at 10:36 PM, Krytac- said:

1. Reservoirs

Augment: Symbiotic Exchange

Wisp places a reservoir on herself with an AOE field that will apply its buff to allies within its range. The Reservoirs will only last as long as the buffs duration, but once expired, you will get the full duration of the buff.

(The idea here is to make Wisp much less tedious to play in modes outside of Defense, and Mobile Defense, and sometimes survival)

Well with the support aspect in mind if this were to happen I think it should be within affinity range like most other support frames. However I think it should be instead can only have one active at a time except affects are doubled and +50% duration as an augment passive. This would of course mean that you would have to maintain the reservoirs you have active making it a bit more engaging.

2. Will-O-Wisp

Augment: Sol Burst

If Wisp's spectral image comes in contact of enemies, it will detonate in a 15m radius, providing a knockdown and guaranteed fire proc. If holding the spectral image, it will detonate as soon as you teleport to its position.

(If you like using melee weapons, this is the opening ability you will find yourself using every time)

I dont think I've ever hit an enemy with this thing yet so that wouldnt be that great, reminds me a bit of Effigys augment. So if instead considering it's called sol burst it dealt all the procs currently accumulated from your reservoirs in a burst that'd be nice.

3. Breach Surge

Augment: Breach Swarm

If an enemy is killed by Wisp with Breach Surge applied, the enemy spawns 5 Breach Swarms that seek out enemies and detonate on contact, dealing 100 damage per Swarm.

(Room clear, and it would be very entertaining to watch)

Honestly I kill everything before those things hit as it is, I use it more just for the blind. But if instead they lingered instead of dissipating when it loses the enemy it's currently tracking and then retargets a new enemy that comes in range that would be way better.

4. Sol Gate

This sound very very good and considering we only have I think two frames(harrow and trinity) that can directly give energy without the orbs it would be a nice addition to that niche. I would however like to add that maybe if channeled for  seconds maybe 50% of consumed energy is released either around the reservoirs or around yourself, not sure which'd be better.

Edited by rawr1254

20 hours ago, Krytac- said:

its quite tedious to always be rushing ahead of your allies and cycle red and green buffs.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. That said, I'm not that concerned with always making sure my allies have the buffs on them for exterminates and captures. I put down my buffs, and I'm off. They can choose to pick them up or not behind me.

21 hours ago, Krytac- said:

just gives another offensive option.

It's not much that faster than just bullet jumping with haste mote, or better than using her 3 with her 2.

21 hours ago, Krytac- said:

Thats uhh...wow quite op lol

Yes...YESSS!!! 

For her 4th augment I always imagined the next step after Kamehameha was the Spirit bomb.

Literally throw a small star to the enemy horde 🙂

But you have to charge it for 5 seconds! And seeing how everyone else is doing it....nah I'm sure it'll be fine.