Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield gate on corpus. Are they a bigger threat now?

(XBOX)The Neko Otaku

So shield gating is finally being added but it's  being applied to enemies as well. Unless you land a crit corpus units can't be one shot so are they corpus going to be more of threat? The corpus to me have never been that threatening out side of a few units at high levels (techs and scrambus) but now they can't take a hit at least.

• Like 1

To an extent, yes. I don't see it as being an enormous deal -- shield gate "bleeding" was specifically added to keep level 1 Corpus from being super annoying. So level 35 or 45 Corpus might survive the occasional hit to their torsos, while level 100+ Corpus should take the same number of shots as before

• Like 2

According to the workshop their gating is ignored by headshot/weakspot hits, ability damage, toxic procs, and 5% of the damage that hit the shield gate.

And since most Corpus still lack large health pools it all seems like they'll be more or less the same as they are now. Though high leveled units will probably be more difficult for anyone with issues landing headshots.

But hey maybe it'll make Corpus a threat outside of the Tech's DPS.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

Unless they have an invulnerability period too (which would be super annoying) literally the only weapons this will affect are slow and powerful "nuke" type weapons (shotguns, snipers, bows, etc) and Hunter Munitions/slash weapons.

Anything which already takes multiple shots to kill will be largely unaffected.

30分钟前 , Miser_able 说:

My main worry is the affect this is going to have on stealth. No oneshots means no stealth. 

stealth rework is long overdue. The fact that they react instantly to your gun fire/being hit and know exactly where you are regardless of distance and obstacles while capable of alerting everyone in the same room means you can only cheese it with invisibility.

• Like 1

Corpus were already a chore to fight.

Kyta raknoid with shieldgating and a power that resplenish shield gives overshield and almost not affected by status ?

Shieldgating melee nullifiers ?

And ennemies with 1hko grenades, 1hko snipers ?

People already avoided corpus arbitrations, now they will also avoid corpus sorties and Fortuna.

Perhaps big gas AoE will be ok against them, but if so, "shield buff" will miss the point as it'll just turn into "gas AoE mandatory"

42 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

My main worry is the affect this is going to have on stealth. No oneshots means no stealth. 

If you hit the head, the shield gate is ignored, resulting in a oneshot.

If you hit the torse, then the shield gate will take effect.

Or at least this is what DE said and wants.

So I think ranged stealth kills on corpus are still possible. I personally always hit the head when I want to be stealthy, so yeah. 

Edited by Aadi880
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

If you shot the crit point (head for crewmen, backpack for MOAs) it bypasses the shield gate and "bleeds through" 100% of the excess damage.

EDIT: ^^^ Jinx on the person above me!

Edited by SpringRocker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aadi880 said:

If you hit the head, the shield gate is ignored, resulting in a oneshot.

If you hit the torse, then the shield gate will take effect.

Or at least this is what DE said and wants.

So I think ranged stealth kills on corpus are still possible. I personally always hit the head when I want to be stealthy, so yeah. 

Kinda hard to hit their head with a finisher. 

3 hours ago, Miser_able said:

you'll still be able to stealth with Bows, but you'll need headshots. finishers should remain untouched. stealth needs a total rework anyway.

I don't think they'll be too much more of a threat, at least the regualr and Vapos variants.. the Orb Vallis enemies though, especially on a T5 bounty, I think they are gonna become a problem..

8 hours ago, FRTE_Ret5o said:

Remember toxin bypass the shield. 

And its not a bad idea. Im more worried that now hildyn passive is almost every warframe pasive now in a duferent scale.

Also i wonder how will shield gate work with mag. (Mag op?) XD

Curious how will polarize work against the shield gate, will mag just only be able to delete shields or can see still wupe out rooms like nothing 

I dont think it will matter much since we have access to heavy damage weapons that can turn into really good gas builds. We'll just have to start having parts of our kits dedicated more to specific enemies, which isnt too much to ask when we have 3 different weapons available in a loadout.

With the removal of self damage I'll likely run Gas Bramma primary, Corrosive+Heat Kuva Nukor/Gaze/Catchmoon and Viral+Slash hybrid melee.

hace 1 hora, (XB1)The Neko Otaku dijo:

Curious how will polarize work against the shield gate, will mag just only be able to delete shields or can see still wupe out rooms like nothing 

Welp, tenno also have shield gate 😛 mag 3rd replenish her shield, also 4th does(even overshields) and her 2nd is just a CC buble if you play her now the only problem is oneshots. But now shield gate will prevent that.

Provided you don't shoot the head, Corpus take two shots to kill above a certain level. I wonder if shotguns bypass the gate? They shouldn't, but we don't know exactly how it works yet.

This effectively doubles Corpus TTK. They have some pretty extreme firepower already. But that is being reduced, since Tenno armor (I assume?) is no longer vulnerable to puncture. To what extent that will affect engagement, hard to say.

The longer an enemy takes to kill, the longer other enemies are able to harass you. So they're more of a threat. Are they a deadly threat? Live fire scenario is the only way to know for sure. I'm extremely interested in all the changes described in the devstream. Never thought they'd go so deep, let alone all at once.