Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about Mirage

(PSN)Vodka_Vision_

Self damage is going away, and with that, I think it's reasonable to assume self status procs. 

With that happening, I think it's worth looking at mirage's eclipse again. We all know it's finicky to control which buff you'll get, and now that self procs are disappearing, the workaround we had is now disappearing. So, how can we change it to put control of that back in the hands of the players?

I propose, change it so that the Damage buff is applied while the player is in the air, wall running, and wall latching. The damage reduction buff would then be applied while the player is on the ground. I think this would do 3 things: raise Mirage's skill ceiling, raise the ceiling on gun play with Mirage, and make her Total Eclipse augment more viable, as it would allow Tanks to tank better, and DPS to DPS better. I also believe it would be thematic with her theme of an acrobatic Jester.

Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

I think Eclipse should just be selectable, like they're adding to Titania's Tribute

I can see the appeal of that, but I think that something that would allow the buff to apply either damage buff, or damage reduction at the same time to different players in the squad would encourage more teamwork and a greater team dynamic would be useful as well. I'm not sure how a straight toggle would work, unless it was like volt's or limbo's skill. A roll/dodge to let your team mates toggle it.

37 minutes ago, DraekoSilver said:

She is #*!%ed.

Ash is #*!%ed

Chroma is #*!%ed

Hildryn is #*!%ed

Inaros is #*!%ed

Nidus is #*!%ed

Any frame that you have built for health, rather than shields is #*!%ed until you feed more forma into them.

Energy hungry frames are #*!%ed

You don't build mirage for health... you build her for dmg reduction and dps. Literally, the only health mod on a good chunk of Mirage builds is Primed vigor, or just Vigor for people <200 days in.

How about Mirage gets skills that make sense and aren't night/day based, since we already have an Equinox. Literally the only skill that makes sense in her kit is Hall of Mirrors.

Edited by Morthal

Wjat i dont understand is without even testing the changes we are roaring in forums....... In my personal opinion,excpt chroma none of the frames are gonna be dead. In fct high health armor builds will be fine as well.... What changes they have done to inaros to cry about it?? Shields got a buff,how that transpires to others got a nerf??

2 minutes ago, SamMitter said:

Wjat i dont understand is without even testing the changes we are roaring in forums....... In my personal opinion,excpt chroma none of the frames are gonna be dead. In fct high health armor builds will be fine as well.... What changes they have done to inaros to cry about it?? Shields got a buff,how that transpires to others got a nerf??

People have been begging for a mirage tweak for a pretty long time. The reason for that being that the lighting in the game is really inconsistent with her Eclipse ability, and it's pretty much random whether you're going to have a dmg buff, or a DR buff. The workaround to that was to self proc an electric status effect (before the heat rework, it was heat), and this would set her in light mode, allowing us to reliably control her eclipse. Now that self damage is going away, she's been effectively removed from the already limited pool of Eidolon viable frames. She actually puts out more dmg per ability strength than chroma can ever hope, and she could 1 shot eidolon limbs with her buffs alone and 300% pwr strength. However, the plains are always dark, meaning that without the ability to proc a status on yourself, you're stuck with dmg reduction. Maps aren't consistent with their lighting either. On many tilesets, you can be in broad daylight, but have the dmg reduction buff, but go into a dark room and suddenly you have a dmg buff. This is a case of a workaround we were relying on to cover an unpolished system being removed from us, rendering the frame obsolete for anything but MR fodder and room clearing in defense missions. 1 dimensional frames are not good or fun.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

Maps aren't consistent with their lighting either. On many tilesets, you can be in broad daylight, but have the dmg reduction buff, but go into a dark room and suddenly you have a dmg buff.

Plus people have found out after testing that the strength of the light changes how much of the buff you're getting. If any area isn't bright enough you might only be getting half of her damage buff instead of 100%.

The inconsistency on eclipse is just annoying to deal with. Make it a toggle and make it max strength at all times.

• 1 month later...
On 2020-02-29 at 2:53 AM, TARINunit9 said:

I think Eclipse should just be selectable, like they're adding to Titania's Tribute

An easier solution would be to add the "press for main / hold for alternate" mechanic that some frames abilities such as Gauss's Thermal Sunder utilize.

This would mean that a single press of the ability would trigger "light" (damage bonus) while holding the ability button would trigger "shadows" (damage reduction).

Furthermore, I would love to see this change implemented on Mirage's ability Sleight of Hand; press for "light" (radial explosions), hold for "shadows" (radial blind).