Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Status Ideas.

VenomousValentine

So to recap, DE said they wanted to make all status types useful to proc more than once, for example viral will cut a small bit of max health per proc, and radiation will increase damage enemies deal to each other. So here's some of my ideas.

Impact: Consecutive procs progressively reduce enemy accuracy.
Blast: Explosions can spread status procs of other status types to knocked down enemies.
Magnetic: Magnetic will probably be in a decent spot after the shield gating changes, but I feel like it could stand to be better and more worth building than gas for example. Make magnetic either add a small magnetize bubble, or pull enemies together, or disable shield gating on enemies.
Electric: More consecutive shots, more range on the chain up to a cap
Puncture: Further reduce enemy damage
Cold: 25% slow per proc, increasing per shot with diminishing returns (similar to corrosive, eventually rounding up to a 100% slow, visually freezing the enemy solid as if they were ulted by frost), at which point it increases headshot and heavy attack vulnerability.

Additional change to some mods
Status duration mods now have a bonus of increasing status range, for things like blast, electric, gas, (the new AOE impact) etc.
Or instead of this make a new mod that increases status range, but I think it would be preferable to combine the two since it would allow for the same mod to be applicable to pretty much every status type.

You could also change the status duration stat into something that would scale one effect or the other but not both depending on the condition in question. That way, instead of double-dipping, Gas or Electric could get a more useful increase in range instead of duration, but every status would still only get one thing. 

It might be a good time to change Corrosive, since everything is effectively getting the ability to stack for a second effect and Corrosive is the one status in the game that isn't DoT but already stacks, technically infinitely. 

Just now, CopperBezel said:

You could also change the status duration stat into something that would scale one effect or the other but not both depending on the condition in question. That way, instead of double-dipping, Gas or Electric could get a more useful increase in range instead of duration, but every status would still only get one thing. 

It might be a good time to change Corrosive, since everything is effectively getting the ability to stack for a second effect and Corrosive is the one status in the game that isn't DoT but already stacks, technically infinitely. 

That is reasonable. And yeah I never thought I'd say this but corrosive might need a buff after this. I would say giving it some extra effect after all armor is removed.

Total armor values are flattening, though. It's possible that we just don't need an unlimited % armor strip anymore. The ability of shotguns to instantly strip massive armor pools when using Corrosive and 100% status is going away since shotguns won't be able to reach those quantities of status procs now, but otherwise, Corrosive is going to benefit from >100% status weapons more than most elements will. If Corrosive was buffed to 33% of initial armor value instead of 25% of current but nerfed to stop after the second proc like other statuses will, it'd still strip more armor than Heat and still have its massive damage type bonus against Ferrite armor, but would operate more in line with other status effects. 

Edited by CopperBezel

I agree with some of this.

However I think Impact needs some serious buffing. I think they should make impact procs make headshots scale stronger. I think it should also (taking from the frost idea) increase finisher and heavy attack damage per amount of impact procs you land.

Frost I think instead should increase status duration 1 seconds for every 10% status chance. Slightly increase efficacy of other status effects proced ( increasing status damage by 1.5% additive per amount of times proced). Finally having a small chance to freeze enemies completely solid based on status chance Ie (1.5% per 10% of status.).

As for blast, I think it should spread statuses but with a caveat to balance it. Make the relationship of the chain procing be fractionally based. So similar to frost for every 10% status there would be a 3% chance of it activating the chaining part of the status affect to spread other status effects. Normally activating blast would still yield its old CC effect we have in the game today, plus having 2% of the blast damage shred armor similar to shattering impact (flat armor strip rather than percentage based like corrosive).

Edited by Beowulfmeng