Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physics Impact Damage Wep + % Armor Piercing Damage Mods

Naso

Hey guys, I've just been curious whether or not armor piercing damage mods effect weapons that do physics impact damage. Since physics weapons already ignore armor in the calculation, does adding these  armor piercing mods do anything at all? I've never really gone and tested it, is there something like a training dummy in clan dojo? Anyway, if anyone knows, please post below! Thanks.

A little bit of searching goes a long way.

Armor Piercing Damage != Armor Ignore Attribute on weapons. AP damage is an elemental class like ice, fire, electrical, etc.

Armor Piercing damage mods ALWAYS add more damage. You ALWAYS want to have armor piercing damage mods equipped.

Edited by Letter13

Yes, it works.

For example, your weapon dealing 100 damage and you have a 50% AP mod, you deal 100 base damage and an additional 50 armor piercing damage.

Armor Piercing mods are counted as elemental mods, so they'll always add more damage.

Edited by Storchenbein

All you'd have to do to test this is do a Mercury mission with and without AP equipped. I can confirm through personal testing that they do stack, dealing a full (base dmg)*(AP mod multiplier*1.5) to armored Grineer and (base dmg)*(AP mod multiplier*0.5) to all Infested.