Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh boy. I cant wait for the arcane changes.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

Not sure why but Arcane aegis absolutely got butfugged nerfed by DE. For whatever reason? Pretty sure the top offenders were grace, guardian, and energize. And yes, you bet your ass they just introduced a new grind.

They even added new arcanes for extra grind as well. I bet its gonna be suuuper easy to buy those arcanes from duck during the event, am i right?

DE's events are never grindy.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

"You need 20 Arcanes today in order to double-stack." Was the sentence, this is false. 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

only you had quoted the whole context of the person you are quoting.  Here it is:

No, you will need 21 total arcanes to double stack. Not 20. The second paragraph doesn't make any sense in relation to the opening sentence. 

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

That is true, DE is under no obligation to give players what they want, or to let them keep what they've earned. However, the flip side of that is that players are under no obligation to give DE money. So, y'know, it's a two-way street.

I'll give them extra to cover your portion.

Ohh good, just what i needed, another thread complaining about the arcanes, like is mandatory to spend platinum to get arcanes right? I don't have time, I'm a casual, why forcing me to spend platinum?

Somehow this is the worst excuse i hear from "casual" players, that DE is somehow forcing them to spend platinum to catch up in the game.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

"linked" to another squad...

Don't even get me started. AFAIK you can't interact with the other team, so at best you're made to wait for your objective to update for a period of time determined by how much the other team sucks and/or trolls.

Could one of you white knights explain the benefit of that to me? Coz I don't get it.

Edited by SordidDreams

39 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Don't even get me started. AFAIK you can't interact with the other team, so you're basically just made to wait for your objective to update for a period of time determined by how much the other team sucks and/or trolls.

Could one of you white knights explain the benefit of that to me? Coz I don't get it.

Lol right!  Let's assume the "link" works right off the bat.... What's gonna happen when the "link" team host migration at around the same time "rj" team host migration? How's recruit chat gonna work when recruiting a ground team? Will RJ teams even be able to see what the "linked" team is doing? And vise versa...giphy.gif

Also in the vid showcase of said "link" they weren't infinite. You will have to grind those and build those too. Lol

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

6 runs X 3 Eidolons = 18 arcanes in one night.

I don’t think even that’s enough for a reasonable arcane farm.

Considering 16 of those 18 arcanes you got are irrelevant status immune arcanes. We have mods for that. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

may it is just me but why do ppl only say guardian or the others that will get a cd get/got nerfed?
At the moment i need 9 arcanes to get immunity to one status (r1+r2 40%+60%) ... if we do the math ... a r4 with the current calc would end up at 100% ... now we get these at r5, so every status arcane we own will be nerfed ... i cant doublstack em so i NEED to farm 12 more
To be fair, we get 100% status immunity now with just 1 slot, thats nice to use another one ... but at the end thats even more powercreep

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

1:   If you did the grind for just 1 Arcane then this is not applicable to you. If you were double-stacking, then you'll be able to distill the second R3 to fuse them both. At worst, you'll need one more Arcane unless DE decide to go with 5+5, making the point of not being maxed out pointless.

2:   And even though you may feel entitled to it, DE owe you nothing. Not to you, not to any of us. Just who do you think you are? And why you believe some things are sacred and not eligible for nerfs? Function-wise, Arcanes are nothing more than mods with a different icon and a dedicated slot. You can't double-stack mods. They could have just blocked the second arcane slot without stat revisions and be done with it if they wanted to.

3:It is dishonest when you make a point in your original OP about you using 2 different Arcanes:So in order to validate why you feel wrong and entitled, you went out of your way to provide an example that does not apply to you in the slightest. Since you were not double-stacking them, you are pretty much expecting to get the equivalent of 10-11 additional copies of each so they can be R5 again. That is dishonest, because you had to move the goalpost and present your indignation from a misguided place.

4: Do they compensate those who spent 3,000 plat the day before a Riven disposition adjustment? No? Why should Arcanes be a special exception?

5:See, here's the problem with players with a mentality like yours: You can't even fathom the possibility that someone may be accepting of nerfs for reasons other than being a white knight that just bends over and takes it as given to them by DE without question as if there's no middle ground.

Lol irony: Just because I can accept a nerf (As long as it is consistent with whatever else that is being changed) does't mean I accept the entire game as it is without question while defending any DE decision. Nuance in a per-case basis. I know that's a hard concept for you to grasp based on your response, because in your case, the only middle ground here is "give me free stuff" because stat adjustments won't address your problem.

6: Why would an Arcane refund be necessary? They are not removing them from your inventory. Most will remain with the same stats at R3. Distilling will be added so you can fuse your second R3.

7: Resource adjustments apply to everyone, including those that are yet to do the content as the new resource requirements will be updated in the quest. What you want (10-11 free Arcanes per every R3 you have) only applies to those who have been doing niche content. An irony that you don't see that imbalance as "unfair" because of how convenient it is.

1 and 3: My initial post i indeed said that i only wanted particular arcanes yes, Grace and Aegis but over the course of playing the game (instead of being a forum warrior) i acquired more and after a quick check i have currently 7 pairs of rank 3 ready to go, i do not use them but i have enough ranks 0 to upgrade them. So do i qualify now because i own more than i originally stated? Oh and i am double stacking them with the exception of Aegis because that one was in fact redundant, not true benefits from stacking that one.

2: It is not just me, all players who invested the work and being set back by an arbitrary change to the upgrading mechanics making the c urrent work invested so far even less than 50%.

Like mentionned previously by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO : "all they needed to do was, take double stack out and buff the stats"

If they did that i wouldnt even care but because of an arbitrary change that increase the grind because they need another potential platinum sink into the game with a pathetic excuse well now i have reasons to be on the forum like many others.

4: Riven were mentionned from the get go that they would change over time to see how the community reacts and i personnally lost platinum on that front but because they were open with it from the get go well i kept it shut because they were upfront with it. Arcanes on the other hand now require all the work you invested previously a second time just because. You paid 10$ and hour, your worked 8 hours so you expect to be paid 80$, suddenly to earn the same 80$ you need to double the working hours? Yeah this is fine, i am not entitled to the fruit of my labor no matter the form it takes.

5: Same goes for you, you cant fathom by the fact that a good part of the community who invested the work into acquiring these arcanes are mad about the change.

6: I am not asking for a refund i am asking to keep the currently maxed arcanes maxed once the patch is out, pay attention pls. The max rank post to max rank post patch would be compensation on its own, nothing more but nothing less either.

7:Ressources adjustments are for everyone WHO INVESTED IN RAILJACK. Only those who invested in the dank ship will get the ressources back and then everyone will have the new ressources requirement to work for.

Arcanes upranking on the other hand will affect ONLY THOSE WHO INVESTED IN THEM, no compensation whats so ever but we will also enjoy ressource requirement to work for.

The best bit the irony part: "Just because I can accept a nerf (As long as it is consistent with whatever else that is being changed)" You can accept a nerf because you maybe only have 2 rank 3 Guardians (giving you the same assumption you gave me on part 1 and 3) so your fine, screw the others.

AND the change for the Arcanes is not consistent whit anything else we had before lol. This is the first time that the max of anything has been pushed away without any correction or compensation of any kinds. I even dare you to find me a instance where they nerfed something and you had to re invest a stupid amount of ressources in order to get back to where you were. Even on big changes they give formas so you can adjust your builds if anything broke with the change.

P.S. Dont even bother to reply to this if its another wall of text like you produced before, i wont read it and i have exmas to prepare for.

Have a good day none the less 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

"You need 20 Arcanes today in order to double-stack." Was the sentence, this is false.

It's not false.  It takes 10 arcanes to make a R3 arcane.  Making 2, i.e. double stacking, takes 20 arcanes (2 times 10 is 20).

1 hour ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

No, you will need 21 total arcanes to double stack. Not 20. The second paragraph doesn't make any sense in relation to the opening sentence.

That hasn't been confirmed by DE.  It may be 20 or 21, we don't know yet.  That was addressed in the comment you "quoted"

I have 2 R3 Guardians, and Arcane distillation is being added. At worst I'll need just 1 more Arcane after distillation, or none at all if they go with 5+5 for the missing ranks.

Clearly, the person you quoted is saying that it could be 20 or 21 and that needing 1 more arcane is not that big a deal.

How's recruit chat gonna work when recruiting a ground team?

Recruiting chat you mean I hope?  Region should be unaffected.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
Added a quote

2 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Cooldowns are not a separate issue. Your saying so doesn't make it so. The cooldown makes your R3 arcane weaker than it was without the cooldown (i.e. nerfs it), so you'll have to farm up more to get to R5 and offset that by getting a bigger benefit in between the cooldowns.

That really isnt true across the board. Nor is it true on specific cases either with a CD.

In say energize's case you only need a level that makes it beneficial to your build. Maxing it will have no purpose if you cannot make use of the energy that it provides before it has a time to trigger again. In some (most) cases the possible change to a EoT effect is a straight up buff, the cases where it would be a nerf is for channelers and on possible negative efficiency users.

In it's current state it looks all big and fancy (dem energy numbers man!), but in reality it is nothing but an overcap arcane for several builds. For anyone running either partially or maxed efficiency it will be a nice buff since getting 100e in one go is often a waste for such builds, since it may take you from spending 25e from your cap to getting an effecting 75e overcap return. With EoT the overcap wont matter since it is spread over time, you can actually make use of most of that 75e overcap, it no longer straight up gets wasted into the abyss of nothingness.

And for channeling frames they can always pop out of their exalted/other skill to reg for a few sec if it was ever needed (why not just pick up rage/adrenaline and use the arcanes for something else?). For frames like Rev and Mesa that arent in channel state 24/7 it will also be a buff, because they'll be able to regen as they move without the need to pick up energize at the exact right time in order to not waste most of the effect.

So currently we have Arcane Grace that is a nerf across the board. Not that it was really useful on more than a handful of frames i.e those that could reach a couple of thousand HP and good mitigation for high ehp. And then we have an armor nerf to guardian if the workshop value is correct and isnt supposed to say 900 instead.

Edited by SneakyErvin

5 minutes ago, Bacl said:

You could do it for real instead of being lazy and only mentioning it 😛

I dunno I think we could take this a step further so without further adieu this is to go even further beyond 

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

It is your choice to sink Platinum into Warframe to catch up. Investing time to be fully geared is a standard rule in this game. Grind has always been the content cycle for this game with the reward being modifications to your loadout. This Arcane change is no different than DE reworking Melee Weapons in late 2019. You invested in a system that is being overhauled for a healthier iteration and are faced with a choice to invest in the new system or be content with what you had before.

However the changes in the melee system was a change in values, mechanics but you didnt lose anything, they even compensated with extra formas if they broke anything significant.

The Arcane upranking requiring you to grind some more however is a beast on its own and with nerfs on top of it all.

This is new compared to anything we had before because it is not only nerfs or buffs, they are setting back the max rank and giving you a lesser product in return but if you want to get back to where you started from you have to invest the same amount of grind all over again.

This nis a S#&$ move if you ask me and wouldnt be such a problem if they simply removed the double stacking but buffe the current rank 3 we currently own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPonder said:

Uhuh, right. "Shoot a limb quickly". Another with 0 Exp, go back to farm hydron, because is so much more difficult. every 2:30 hour, you would be able to do at least one night. I'm hardly doing eidolons, there are some day that I don't even do them, I gave a R3 Grace for my cousin two weeks ago and I'm with 5 unranked already. I don't even think the average ammount of eidolon hunts I'm doing is 1 per day.

Lazy, Lazy, blame "I have a life".

*Facepalm* you do know that many people don't have 2 and a half hours daily to spend on a game right?

You do also realize that some people, even if they had that time, may not feel this content is worth their time right? Because it's a boring miserable slog.

You may have fun with it. Good for you. But for a lot of people the only thing more miserable than Eidolons is Kuva Lich farming.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

*Facepalm* you do know that many people don't have 2 and a half hours daily to spend on a game right?

You do also realize that some people, even if they had that time, may not feel this content is worth their time right? Because it's a boring miserable slog.

You may have fun with it. Good for you. But for a lot of people the only thing more miserable than Eidolons is Kuva Lich farming.

*Facepalm*, nights last 50 minutes, you don't need to spend 2:30 minutes in game. Tell me what content is fun by the way.

Simply told you, you don't even need to them every day to get the arcanes.

Edited by MPonder

Seems like the bulk of what I'm seeing are people salty that Arcanes will probably be made more accessable (depending on how super grindy DE makes it) and trying to defend the timegate on Eidolons as if having to wait 2.5hrs to drop everything you're doing and go play one game mode for 50min is somehow a measure of skill..... 

1 minute ago, MPonder said:

*Facepalm*, nights last 50 minutes. tell me what content is fun by the way.

For me?

Spy missions are a blast, I know most people hate them but they make me feel like Mission Impossible.

Hydron is nice to hang out and chat with other players sometimes when I'm lonely.

Disruption is pretty fun, although long runs get very DPS checky and a bad spawn can ruin you, especially solo.

Railjack is fun when flying the Railjack even if it is a broken piece of spacejunk that I wish I could swap for a Grineer Crewship.

And I still enjoy chilling in Rathuum and murdering waves of enemies.

But that's me personally. The person you were previously discussing with may have different tastes.

And to be clear I'm not saying any of these are "hard". If you think Eidolons are hard you're kidding yourself. If I can do a 4x3 on switch where load times are intense AF, then anyone can because I'm not a particularly skilled player.

4 hours ago, ikkabotz said:

They're now taking what you had already earned and are nerfing it

How is increasing max lvls from 3 to 5 with increased effects a Nerf?

Arcane Energize por example at lvl 3 has 40% chance to restore additional 100 energy to you and your teammates, with the changes its going up to 60% 150 Energy at rank 5. Where is the nerf?

• Like 2

Would the grind fix for Arcanes be simply to up everyone's current rank 3 arcane sets to Rank 5 as technically they have done the grind. 

As far as the Nerfs i dont think until we get our hands on the new build we can see exactly how bad/good its going to be so lets give it time. 

• Like 1