Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal Glyph


MollAgdeduba
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This would defeat the purpose of Legendary TennoCon Glyphs, and would also create many approval issues as well as devaluing anything that isn't a custom personal glyph.

Curious as to what you mean by devaluing anything that isn't a custom personal glyph.

I already have purchased many glyphs, and there are some that I will never purchase. Having a glyph that I enjoy on a personal level does not have any effect on my desire to purchase other glyphs. I judge them on their own merits. If I like It I buy it if I don't I will never buy it it is just that simple.

It also has no effect on how much I enjoy the legendary glyphs for the exact same reasons.

Edited by Aesthier
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah they would  have to hire someone to check the stuff.

Or maybe make it a minimum wage job since the person just needs to check for the really problematic stuff like genitals(primary and secondary), typical political symbols left and right. An intern would like a relaxing task once in a while.

"Alright here we go,

a talking shoe, fine,

a PP, sry no,

a frog , fine,

swastika, no and half a day ban,

a country flag, no

some  bird, fine,

abstract stuff, fine,

Antifa stuff, no 

Nicolas Cage in a seductive pose,.... my mind says no, but my body, my boody,....I have to ask Steve..."

 

Edited by CR0ME
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dunno I'm not sure they have the bandwidth to accommodate that sorta thing. 

I went filthy Glyph hunter for a while and amassed small(ish) collection of partner glyphs and whenever I go into my glyph hall 3/4 of them start off as placeholder glyphs while the remainder slowly chug load in. That's probably only like 30(?) or so so I can only imagine applying that sort of load across the game for not hundreds but thousands of unique glyphs.

Then there is the added issue of the Forums, people are going to want their glyphs in the forums as well and it can already take them weeks to months to get a new glyph updated into the forums for whatever reasons. Which is a ton more workload in addition to the game propper.

Plus not just dealing with inappropriate BS but also dealing with copyright nonsense, cause you know a bunch of people are just going to upload screencaps of their favorite anime or what have you. I mean they're probably doing that now and some is probably slipping through. As it stands a shoulder patch is a lot more likely to go unnoticed by people in general let alone another company or artist who's work is being infringed than an icon slap dab on the screen at all times and plastered all over DEs forums. So it would be bound to drag in lawsuits or at least a lot of takedown threats. Add false take down requests into that mix and it's just a strait up nightmare cause to cover their butt they'd have to yeet your custom glyph at the first strong breeze and you'd just be out whatever plat it cost to register it. 

Then you have the plat cost, or probably strait up cash like Primes, in a processing fee which would be rendered moot at the first real/fake take down request. 

Edited by Oreades
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Aesthier said:

Curious as to what you mean by devaluing anything that isn't a custom personal glyph.

I already have purchased many glyphs, and there are some that I will never purchase. Having a glyph that I enjoy on a personal level does not have any effect on my desire to purchase other glyphs. I judge them on their own merits. If I like It I buy it if I don't I will never buy it it is just that simple.

It also has no effect on how much I enjoy the legendary glyphs for the exact same reasons.

Why bother buying a premade glyph that you like when you could just make a glpyh that you love. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Why bother buying a premade glyph that you like when you could just make a glpyh that you love. 

Because I like the premade glyph.

What you are talking about is only applicable to those people who only desire a single glyph.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 2020-02-29 at 3:00 PM, Oreades said:

I dunno I'm not sure they have the bandwidth to accommodate that sorta thing. 

apparently rivens take up loads of bandwith but you can can pay 60 plat for 3 more of them and its good? make it a one off fee per upload around a hundred plat or so?

to solve the issue of player rivens "devaluing" epic rivens or duplicating premium ones other players suggest and also to help the bandwidth thing, litmit the resolution to 128x128 pixels or 64x64 though 64 might be a bit too low (I think others are 512x512?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-02-29 at 4:20 PM, CR0ME said:

 

swastika, no and half a day ban,

 

 

The swastika symbol, 卐 or 卍, is an ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia. It is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

then, some silly little man with a mustace tarnished its reputation.

(apologies if it breaking the rules but alot of people seem to confuse the origin since its mostly represented in WW2 films and games)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

The swastika symbol, 卐 or 卍, is an ancient religious icon in the cultures of Eurasia. It is used as a symbol of divinity and spirituality in Indian religions, including Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism.

I have heard a lot of people express concerns about the Swastika, and not a single one of those concerns have been "it's origin".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I have heard a lot of people express concerns about the Swastika, and not a single one of those concerns have been "it's origin".

i do not wish to derail this topic further, only mention it a symbol that predates WW2 and was misused, that is all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

i do not wish to derail this topic further, only mention it a symbol that predates WW2 and was misused, that is all.

Unfortunately if a symbol, as innocent or tropy it can be, if it's used in a negative way the negative one is what people will remember.

I still miss the Golden fist glyph even though I wouldn't use it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...