Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips For Getting Shocking/Freezing Step Ephemera?

Keogu

Question

Hello! 
I've just recently come back to the game after a nice long break and I decided that I wanted to actually invest my time into getting the Ephemeras from the Exploiter Orb. 
I've run it with a group and done it in about 12 ish minutes, and solo in 20, but I've spent all day farming her and nothing has dropped... 
I know DE upped the drop rate of the Ephemeras up to 10%, but even still this is ridiculous! 

So far I've been running Nezah for his Warding Halo, Rubico P for those Coolant raknoids, the Catchmoon Kitgun (only thing I found useful against her after ripping off a vent) and Orthos P for the smaller green spiders (forgot their name). I've also used the Cyngas to pop her vents faster in the first stage. As a rough number I've done around 60+ runs of her today (thanks to my massive store of Diluted Thermia).

To those of you who have of or even both (RNG has blessed you), what are some things you found helpful for farming her? I'd really appreciate some advice on weapons and frames you've used and roughly how many runs it took you to get an Ephemera drop out of her. 

EDIT: Please don't suggest Nova. I really struggled to use her against Exploiter and I was using my Vazarin's Healing Dash as a crutch more than I was actually progressing. I know some people can use her for this, but I'd prefer not to from personal experience and play style. 

Edited by Keogu

7 answers to this question

if you want something to use against Exploiter Orb...
have you tried Amesha archwing? you can slow enemies with 3rd ability, protect yourself and gather energy with 1st and 4th ability, carry those thermia without getting staggered by Exploiter's feet... except when you are going into the cutscene, which forces you to go back to warframe

the only problem is that you can't use Sarpa/Redeemer while on it, since meele weapon button is used to get out of archwing and your companion won't be active, which denies smeetah from proccing 2x drop for toroid/resource drop

My weapons of choice are tigris and tombfinger: Tigris for the vents in the first phase, Tombfinger for everything else. You have to lead your shots a bit in the second phase but once you get the hang of that tombfinger performs pretty well. For frame I would suggest Nezha but it doesnt matter all that much.

For actually getting the ephemera you just have to be lucky. DE never actually went through with making ephemeras achievement based.

10 hours ago, Zeyez said:

have you tried Amesha archwing? you can slow enemies with 3rd ability, protect yourself and gather energy with 1st and 4th ability, carry those thermia without getting staggered by Exploiter's feet... 

No, I haven't ever thought to use Amesha in this fight. Heck, I didn't even know you could slow enemies with the 3rd ability. I'll give that a shot next time I try.

10 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

My weapons of choice are tigris and tombfinger: Tigris for the vents in the first phase, Tombfinger for everything else. 

I'll grab myself Tigris P since it's unvaulted at the moment and I'll give that a try. Having a Primary that easily takes out the vents would be much easier than waiting for the Arch-Gun animation to play through. As for the Tombfinger I'll get one building ASAP.

Thanks for the advice!  😄

The way the overheating works in the second outside phase is deceptive. In reality, you're not trying to overheat her but instead throw enough thermia canisters to get to a point where she will overheat. In fact, the heat gauge will just instantly fill up after enough canisters. You don't actually need to care about killing coolant rankoids, just kill enough to get canisters.

The fight itself is really boring from a build perspective. Catchmoon with Pax Charge should be more than enough to do everything you would need which is mostly just shooting canisters in the air. Warframes with decent bulk and healing ability can equip Rage to be entirely self sufficient, I personally just use Wukong.

Sounds like bad luck.   I was running exploiter just like 1-2 times per day + if I saw anyone wanting help.  I got both ephemera pretty easily.  

I just dont know how to stop from losing my Diluted Thermia.  Sometimes I get another after the fight,  sometimes I lose the one I spent.  

I got buttload of amp parts and arcanes and blew through all the Thermia I had so I havent ran it in a long time.