Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The loophole of energy/health pads vs Arcane Grace/Energize cooldowns

Jarriaga

A loophole is an ambiguity or inadequacy in a system, such as a law or security, which can be used to circumvent or otherwise avoid the purpose, implied or explicitly stated, of the system.

With the adjustments to Arcane Energize and Arcane Grace in addition to the new 100 pad blueprints, being able to use 200 Energy pads is an obvious loophole that negates the reasoning for the balance pass. If that loophole exists, then there's no need to balance out the rest because said balance pass is invalidated by the existence of the loophole. Something's gotta give.

So how long before you are capped at, say, 3 - 5 pads per mission so you don't have infinite health and energy just because (No frame abilities involved)?

And if so, what would be your reaction to this? I'd be fine with it to be honest. Energy abundance negates ability cast importance as there is no reason to be tactical when there's no cost involved in said decision.

Edited by Jarriaga

35 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

So how long before you are capped at, say, 3 pads per mission

As a person who rarely and even then, sparingly uses restores - even I would say this is too far.

Warframe isn't Rainbow Six, if anything it's Dynasty Warriors on extra, extra easy mode (except when it's not).

20 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

if anything it's Dynasty Warriors on extra, extra easy mode (except when it's not).

This is exactly what DE's recent changes seem to be targeted at though. 

49 minutes ago, Voltage said:

A good example of low gear caps being bothersome are the Plague Star gear items

Then 5 of each unique item per run resetting on each mission conpletion? That would allow you to solo max out Plague Star over and over without having to exit back to Cetus.

Edited by Jarriaga

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

This is exactly what DE's recent changes seem to be targeted at though. 

And limiting the player to only 3 restores at exactly this point of time is not a good idea.

On the last devstream, DE even specificaly said that they still want to keep Warframe a ''power fantasy'' kind of game, while (finally) trying to balance it.

Tactical shooters is what you are looking for if you want to be limited to less then a dozen utility items.
Go check out some of Tom Clancy's older titles if you are into that, I've recently been playing R6 Vegas 2 and own the first Ghost Recon on the PlayStation2 myself.

18 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

And limiting the player to only 3 restores at exactly this point of time is not a good idea.

On the last devstream, DE even specificaly said that they still want to keep Warframe a ''power fantasy'' kind of game, while (finally) trying to balance it.

This is DE's stance as posted by Reb in the dev workshp thread:

On 2020-02-28 at 12:21 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We aim to refresh aspects of the game that have gone untouched, while addressing fundamental inconsistencies in the mechanics of the game. 

Warframe is still about power and you being a destructive force in the Origin System with hundreds of tools at your disposal. Warframes have never been more lethal or powerful than they are in the current version of Warframe - we do not aim to reduce that across the board, but we do aim to let that power stand on consistency in our designs. Keep our guiding reasoning in mind while reading - the three Rs! 

That means that "power fantasy" follows "consistency", not the other way around. It is a big inconsistency to add cooldowns and cap the efficiency of Arcanes like Energize while allowing you to flat out bypass said restrictions via items. It's a loophole, and quite an obvious one.

A loophole is an ambiguity or inadequacy in a system, such as a law or security, which can be used to circumvent or otherwise avoid the purpose, implied or explicitly stated, of the system.

If that loophole exists, then there's no need to balance out the rest because said balance pass is invalidated by the existence of the loophole. Something's gotta give.

Edited by Jarriaga

Just now, SordidDreams said:

You're already limited. To 200.

8 minutes ago, Lion said:

3-5 pads way too low.

The current cap is nice for endurance runs.

Which effectively negates the Arcane balance pass with cooldowns for overuse. Ergo, a loophole.

Still, I'll edit the thread title to better reflect I'm referring to a lower cap rather than just a cap.

This game broke the traditional "team" meta from MMOs like having a tank, healer, dps etc.

I personally dont think anything will change. You guys are just being "extra" and freaking out for no reason.

But...if you wanna play that game: they're probably forcing people to go into a mission with traditional roles i.e. EV Trin.