Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Corpus Armor

Grey_Star_Rival_Defender

DE, love the upcoming design changes. Love the removal of the slash/corrosive meta that contributes a lot to people rushing public missions before I can even change gear. Hesitant about Corpus buffs but that’s because they’re a lot tankier to new players than the Grineer are. New player experience still gives me trauma flashbacks.

But with upping Corpus tanking, PLEASE remove armor from non-boss Corpus enemies. Bursas, Ospreys, Vallis mini-bosses, etc. They’re tankier than all other Corpus because they have armor, and the shield scaling increase means that they’ll be a pain to put down without dedicating my secondary weapon entirely to a corrosive weapon to kill them.

21 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Love the removal of the slash/corrosive meta that contributes a lot to people rushing public missions before I can even change gear.

Wait, are we supposed to wait for you to change your builds after you join the squad but before the mission starts...?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

DE, love the upcoming design changes. Love the removal of the slash/corrosive meta that contributes a lot to people rushing public missions before I can even change gear. Hesitant about Corpus buffs but that’s because they’re a lot tankier to new players than the Grineer are. New player experience still gives me trauma flashbacks.

First of all, the only real units of the corpus faction is robots and thinking that robots should have the same fragility as flesh units without armor is kind of stupid. I mean corpus robots are only a smidgeon more durability in terms of SMASHING thru them outside of bursas & Ambulas, so its not like one has to care much when thar armor is more damn balanced then grineer as a whole ever was, Oh wait, corpus do not have armor, only very select few ROBOTIC units do.

But with upping Corpus tanking, PLEASE remove armor from non-boss Corpus enemies. Bursas, Ospreys, Vallis mini-bosses, etc.

Fun story, Grineer open world enemies are garbage on engaging at you, but are durable as heck, making it feels like your fighting orcs since they will just charge at you to overwhelm you instead of trying to be smart.

Corpus on the other hand feels like Tech-Gnomes who are a whole lot more fragile but actually use thar brains to make trickie devices to YEET you instead of trying to take the orc approach and expect them to do better despite being a whole lot less durable.

Also fun fact, the standard robotic unit, The Moa only has a measely 60 robotic health base as its `armor`, which is only has toxin & Slash have damage penalities against in a measely 25%, but puncture, electric and radiation will YEET them. Which Terra moas, the orb vallis variant moa, has the exact same stats with maybe 2 abilities to differentiate them.

Point n case, most corpus units that are not humanoids have robotic health, not armor. The only exception to this rule seems to be Bursas (which tend to have a base of 200 alloy, but 1200 base robotic health but are extremely vulnerable to back shots) and oxium ospreys (only a measely 40 ferrite armor base with a 750 robotic health), ultimately your just not modding your weapons correctly if your seeing corpus units as hell of a durable, which makes me wonder if you even fight grineer on the same level and not cry when they take 5 to 20 times longer to kill then the corpus units without abusing armor stripping.

BONUS DUCK FUNFACT: Bursa units have as much base armor as a elite lancer. Which pretty much means your whining that the most durable non-open world corpus unit, has as much D.R. as a elite lancer, when the fact its because it has 1200 robotic health and 700 shield base, plus the fact you were likely shooting its front and not its HEAD or its backside where its thicc plating is not present.

They’re tankier than all other Corpus because they have armor, and the shield scaling increase means that they’ll be a pain to put down without dedicating my secondary weapon entirely to a corrosive weapon to kill them.

mini bosses and elite units, just like with thar grineer counter parts, are expected to have durability to not let them get one shot. Bursas are to Noxes as Spider units are to what nightmare we would of got with grineer units if we did not already have the freaking dohm tanks to fill that spot.

Honestly, do you want d.e. to put in a alarm system on plains of eidolon too? So we end up fighting super elite units on the same level of bs. as spiders that will become semi-invincible after part of its health been YEETed or they just hype charge over shields for a good while you have to actually be confirmed on focus farming it once it stops charging to yeet it?

Plus your suppose to be having your weapons fmore for variety, sticking to the same elemental bonus for both your primary and secondary is kind of a waste as using a shotgun primary alongside a shotgun secondary, one should always be a little more creative, like when i use my opticor vandal, i prefer to use a secondary for rapid fire dakka for focus fire a unit and proc a bunch of status effects like slash or Corrossive for either true damage YEET`ing build up or armor stripping most of the armor off then just spamming opticor vandal shots on a single unit.

Edited by Avienas