Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

[PC] Steam Achievements not syncing

Everscent

Hello.

I am having an issue with my Steam Achievements syncing with some of my Warframe achievements. I have completed several achievements in the game which show in my profile in the game but they never appeared on my Steam profile. Some appeared but these specific ones never did, no matter how many times I completed the achievement again.

Screenshots have been provided:

https://imgur.com/a/NW2we65

• Like 14

Probably the oldest outstanding issue in Warframe. They seem incapable or unwilling to fix it.

Interestingly I've posted a similar thread before, and taken part in previous ones. I can't find those threads now. Did the forums get reset at some point or did they nuke those threads?

I'm MR28 and have apparently never polarised an item.

KQUDooC.png

Edited by ACorpse
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, ACorpse said:

Probably the oldest outstanding issue in Warframe. They seem incapable or unwilling to fix it.

Interestingly I've posted a similar thread before, and taken part in previous ones. I can't find those threads now. Did the forums get reset at some point or did they nuke those threads?

I'm MR28 and have apparently never polarised an item.

KQUDooC.png

You are right, they are gone, I can't believe the achievements are still broken, I´m MR27 and I 'never' killed the jackal... 

Playing since 2014 with at least 30 achievements bugged on STEAM.

We need to make more noise about this, is about time for a fix.

• Like 4

On 2020-03-01 at 1:52 PM, ACorpse said:

They archive the forums periodically which removes the threads from general access. You should still be able to find them via Google Search. My post history as viewed in my profile doesn't show near the amount of posts I have on this forum, because of how their archiving works.

And yes, the Steam achievements are bugged. I started playing Warframe on PC via the standalone launcher, only moving to steam sometiem around MR11. Most of my achievements are bugged and not showing up. I dont get too bothered about it but it'd be nice if DE would have a sit-down with Steam and figure out the problem. I would certainly like my Steam profile to accurately reflect my participation in the game.

• Like 6

Interestingly enough they have bugs on both ends of the achievement list. I am a new player (8.9hrs played at time of post) and I have noticed that I am getting mastery achievements long before I should have earned them. I only have 1 pistol but I have unlocked the Pistol mastery 1 achievement (get 5 pistols to rank 10). As a completionist I feel like I am cheating and now I am worried I will end up cheating to get most of the achievements and not be able to unlock them all in the end.😕

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I had the same issue when I migrated my game to steam (I was previously playing on a non-steam version of the game before moving it there for easier access).  

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't think DE has a fix for this as people have been discussing it on and off for around 2 years now (as that's when one of the first bug posts was made). 

Personally, I don't know when they'll get around to fixing it, but they should notice these posts eventually so I'm hoping its sooner rather than later. 

I doubt DE will make any changes but I'll keep my eye out for any updates regardless and I'll update the thread with a new reply if I see anything new.

~Ulchero 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's cute, i submitted a ticket to them 2 years ago and they gave me ways to troubleshoot it and none of them worked, then they said they are working on it. honestly it is just a failure to update or trigger the achievements again that is the issue. its frustrating that i cannot complete this game in the achievements in the slightest simply because DE doesn't want to fix or update their code.
for me it happened that i ran into issues with steam when playing the game so i installed the normal game through the website without having it linked on steam, then came back later after the issue was fixed and it worked then.
its sad cuz i have spent money on the game and they keep pumping out more achievements but don't even bother fixing the old ones, or removing the ones you cannot obtain anymore. (IE the dark sector one.) when will Achievement 2.0 be released. 
With that being said If Digital Extremes wanted to work on this I would gladly help with that and I look forward to it being fixed. It is a nagging feeling that I will NEVER be able to complete a achievement unless I make an alternate account and replay the entire game again...

• Like 6

I think of moving to Steam from standalone launcher, but only benefits are achievements as I see for now. But I checking the forum and what I see - achievements are broken too. I have all achievements (except MR29 and MR30) and wanted to see them all in Steam. So bad I can't. Let's make a noise!!!

I would be nice to see my ~1500hrs of playtime in Steam too, but I don't believe in DE so much...

Are there other benefits of moving to Steam?

Edited by ScaryScarlet
mistype
  • Like 1

On 2020-03-02 at 3:03 PM, VermilionBird said:

We need to make more noise about this, is about time for a fix.

that didn't help in the past and doubtfully will do now.

once in while, when new achievments were added to the game and steam too, the problem was resolved for some people retroactive - not for all though. so you might be lucky the next time around or you use one of those silly steam-achievement unlocker cheats that can be foundin the net... though you should expect 'unforseen consequences' when doing this, not only of the usual risk of maleware but also of getting even those achievments unlocked that can't be really unlocked yet (hello MR30 ^^)

personally, i would say screw the achievments in steam - especially since i play warframe as standalone for the last few years anyway...

btw: this isn't really an issue of DEs game, or at least they only have a minor fault in it - mainly it's becaus of valve giving a S#&$ about their stupid achievment system and also about working together better with their publishing customers (like DE) when it comes to such 'technicallities'... so you could also try to ask the steam support about helping you out here - with as little chance of sucess too, i bet.

• Like 4

Today I tryed Steam version. Played few hours to satisfy Nora. After I close Warframe I got 15/193 achievements! (with ciphers, ally revivings, credits and playtime) But in the game I have all except MR30 now!!! Sadly I didn't it a little bit earlier, before MR29. Maybe those case with new achievement would help.

Also I tryde to close Steam and run all again - no changes. Will try tomorrow next time.

And yes, I'll try to write to Steam support.

P.S.: Funny, I have achievement for 100 hours playtime but have only few hours in Steam statistic.

• Like 1

From what I’ve read on countless threads on reddit, these forums and twitter, there hasn’t been an achievement resync since June 29, 2017.

I opened a ticket with the DE Support Team and they told me the game is working as intended (Steam achievements only pop if you have Steam open when you earn that achievement in game). When I asked if they could relay to the devs that people have been asking for an achievement resync feature for achievements earned prior to using Steam/when Steam servers are buggy, they told me to post here.

I keep reading people say that this isn’t DE’s fault and to contact Steam. I don’t know where this narrative comes from. The Steam servers that listen for when an in-game achievement is attained are clearly working properly otherwise people wouldn’t be earning any Steam achievements right now. Additionally, programs like Steam Achievement Manager are working fine. This is definitely a Warframe problem. The game is programmed so it only pings the Steam achievement API at the moment you obtain an achievement. If for whatever reason Steam was not open/not connected at that moment, that achievement will remain locked.

It’d be great if DE implements a way that allows us to manually resend this ping for all previously unlocked in-game achievements periodically or if they did this for us automatically like the patch back in 2017 did. I think it is long overdue.

• Like 8

It would be nice to synchronize sometimes ingame achievements with Steam. Maybe not a button, which can be abused. Maybe each logon, or each patch.

By the way, ingame achievements number is 204 but on steam only 193.

And... how it's possible, 1,4% have True Master! It's impossible to ne MR30 now! Is it?!

• Like 1

I found an intresting feature! Please check if it's true!

Today I scanned 3 new kurias, an OMG I got 3 new achievements in Steam! Bad news here's not much kurias in game as I haven't achievements in Steam. But for those Tenno which haven't several achievements can try to finish it this way (if they have left unscanned kurias). Maybe it works with other scannable stuff (sadly I have all fragments scanned already).

Edited by ScaryScarlet
missing word
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ScaryScarlet said:

And... how it's possible, 1,4% have True Master! It's impossible to ne MR30 now! Is it?!

You can use a program to "uncomplete" or complete achievements on Steam. People use it to reset their achievements for a game when they do an all achievements run-through or speedrun of a game for example to keep track of what they earn. But you can get ANY Steam achievement for ANY game you own with this on your account without even playing it, that is how people unlocked the MR30 achievement already.

The Steam achievements are not a serious thing, there are many-many games out there on Steam that have achievements that are silly or now impossible to earn or just completely bugged (for example a game I own has an achievement to "Play an online match with someone who has this achievement", but the game is pretty much abandoned).

Steam doesn't care about achievements, there is zero security or validation for "getting an achievement". My advice is to use the achivements only as an indicator of progression for yourself. 

• Like 1

Too true.

The in-game 'Challenges' are far more secure and usually much more accurate (so... how's your 'most often used' stats? Ehh?). Thanks to things like SAM, the Steam achievements can be as valuable as used toilet paper, when WF first hit Steam... within a week or so, 1.7% of all WF players had ALL achievements. You can easily tell if they've used SAM. Most of them will give themselves the MR achievements... on the same date and time.

Valve even counts the time you spend patching the game as 'hours played' (the in-game stats in your Profile measures the time you spend in a map). DE's 'time played' stat doesn't include the time you spend on the relay trying to look fabulous ^_^.

Besides, if it's that important, just use SAM. It's not as if you didn't earn the achievement. You're just correcting a bug?

If one really wants to brag about stats... get other players to check out your in-game profile and look up your... Scarlet Spear score? Mission quit rate? Or something...

• Like 1

Those, who blame Steam achievements - I understand your point of view. Really, it's hard to value such system with cheating and careless of developers. But also I still want to make it for myself. I got all the achievements and want to see them. If DE will fix it - it would be nice (I believe here's one hour of programmer work and several for testers). If not - maybe I'll check those programms "to correct a bug", but I don't like cheating even with good intentions.

I am also got response from Steam support and Warframe support.

Steam support said they have API and reflects whatever a game gives to it. So it's not Steam fault.

Warframe support tryed to say they cannot add to Steam achievements earned out of Steam client. But it's not true as many of us are seen. I got 15 achievements and than 3, so it's not issue of some "first run". It is some trigger. And I think is better way to synchronize achievements on first run of a day, when we see a screen with daily gift (maybe not all together, but by 15 at day, if there's some limitations).

Kurias not helping me more. Seems it was coincidence. But!

Last I got all 3 achievements and all of them about building item ib foundry (1, 10, 20) and I think I made a forma those day and got it and start again in the game (usually I use application on phone)

Before it, I got 15 achievements by all in several categories:

- Play for hours (2, 10, 100) - I really played first time in warframe about 2 hours, so it could trigger sync.

- Earn credits (1k, 10k, 100k, 1kk) - I really did some missions so I earn some credits to trigger sync.

- Solve a cipher (1, 10, 100, 1000) - Maybe I did at least once on mission.

- Revive an ally (1, 10, 100, 1000) - Maybe I did at least once on mission.

So maybe it's possible with some actions to trigger another related achievements to sync. Maybe I should try to finish some quest or make a K-Drive race...

Update:

I made some quest again, I finished some K-Drive races, I got a Lich and no achievements was added. So theory was broken. Just random.

Edited by ScaryScarlet
update
  • Like 1