Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are status mods going to get a buff?

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

Because if not, there won't be too much of a reason to bother about those changes. 

A build with weeping wounds for example, can get Gram Prime to 172,8% status chance. That's very good of course, but it's a privilege that mostly Blood Rush builds will be able to benefit from. Because melee mods in general are better, and even with those I don't think there will be anything relevant.

Most weapons can't stack that much status anyways, so I hope they give significant buffs to these mods. Weeping wounds could go to 50~60%. Dual stats could go to 90%. Status only mods should have severe buffs tbh (because they're trash).

On 2020-02-28 at 11:21 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Status Chance Mod Buffs 
The Status Chance Mods we released many years ago have not been considered worthwhile - there are simply better options within the Status Mod builds (Dual Stats) or Critical builds are more appealing. We are buffing all Standalone Status Chance Mods to increase the appeal of building for Status on your Weapons:

Rifle Aptitude increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Melee Prowess increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Sure Shot increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Shotgun Savvy increased from 30% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Why? This is a long overdue change that will thrive when paired with the above change of giving >100% Status meaning. The goal is to give your Arsenals a shake up in terms of what Status may mean for some of your Collection! This is a power output increase across the board for Status. 

3 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:
On 2020-02-28 at 11:21 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Status Chance Mod Buffs 
The Status Chance Mods we released many years ago have not been considered worthwhile - there are simply better options within the Status Mod builds (Dual Stats) or Critical builds are more appealing. We are buffing all Standalone Status Chance Mods to increase the appeal of building for Status on your Weapons:

Rifle Aptitude increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Melee Prowess increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Sure Shot increased from 15% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Shotgun Savvy increased from 30% Status Chance to 90% Status Chance

Why? This is a long overdue change that will thrive when paired with the above change of giving >100% Status meaning. The goal is to give your Arsenals a shake up in terms of what Status may mean for some of your Collection! This is a power output increase across the board for Status. 

I still wish it was more. I hope they decrease the cost of the mods, if nothing else. Dual status mods giving 60/60...vs 90%...I really feel like the status chance mods should be like 120%. But that's without knowing what benefits the Double Procs bring.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

I still wish it was more. I hope they decrease the cost of the mods, if nothing else. Dual status mods giving 60/60...vs 90%...I really feel like the status chance mods should be like 120%. But that's without knowing what benefits the Double Procs bring.

I agree. Even at 90%, the only benefit of those mods is being able to specialize in non-combo elements. Which is valuable, don't get me wrong. There are a few shotguns that can't achieve 100sc with 4 dual status, but can with 3 dual status and a 90% status. But shotgun status is getting tripled, so........ yeah. It's really just the first thing.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir
  • Like 1

172.8% compared to 100% is a 72.8% increase (obviously), so if your build rely on status (being slash, corrosive, gas, etc...) it's almost twice as much damage, armor or whatever it provide. Some gas based build can multiply your damage output by 20+ only with DoT, so you would get a huge damage multiplier from there.
Also with Condition Overload, it mean you can land 2 status in one hit, which mean you get +240% damage on your second hit instead of +120%, it's a big game changer.

il y a 30 minutes, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX a dit :

A build with weeping wounds for example, can get Gram Prime to 172,8% status chance. That's very good of course, but it's a privilege that mostly Blood Rush builds will be able to benefit from. Because melee mods in general are better, and even with those I don't think there will be anything relevant.

It's true for Gram Prime and its base 32% crit chance, but some weapons has higher base status chance bad enough crit chance to make it worthless.

Taking Lacera as example with base 45% status chance and 5% base critical chance, you don't really want to invest in crit and can go to 243% status chance with Weeping Wounds. You can go even further and add a 2 status/elemental to reach 297%, and make an insane gas build if you add Primed Fever Strike to this.
With the 3.25 toxin multiplier it provide, each of your tick will deal 2.64x your base damage (total of 23.76x over 8s), and each strike will proc ~3 status with about 52% chances of gas, so about 1.5 gas status per hit. Combine this with high attack speed and you get a pretty deadly gas build.