Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Future Kuva Weapons - unique features are what they need!

NeoCambion

I'll admit, this is going to be a very opinionated piece, but in my personal opinion what makes kuva weapons stand apart the most from any other type of variant weapon is special new features, such as the beam chaining for the Kuva Nukor. The buff to stats is nice, but it kinda goes without saying, and since to me kuva variant weapons are kinda the grineer equivalent to prime variants, unique features would really help future kuva weapons that aren't entirely new (like the Bramma and Ayanga) stand out from the crowd. Now I'm just going to go ahead and post some of my ideas for kuva weapon features.

Kuva Amphis
Slam attacks hit nearby enemies with a lightning bolt which then chains to other enemies nearby to them

Kuva Atterax
Heavy attacks that don't kill instantly grab an enemy, three sequential attacks sling them around with high impact force

Kuva Buzlok
Can fire multiple marks, and granted enough punch through, primary shots fired with seek through every tracer in turn

Kuva Hek
Secondary fire unloads the entire remaining clip in one shot with 50% efficiency, possibly with a slight stagger (less extreme version of the Velocitus stagger)

Kuva Jat Kittag
Slam attacks create a shockwave that progresses forwards until it hits a wall

Kuva Miter
Releases shrapnel on projectile impact that can proc slash with a high chance

Kuva Ripkas
Slash procs have a small chance to have infinite duration on any given enemy

Kuva Stug
Is actually a decent weapon kappa - memes aside, secondary fire sprays corrosive goo on the floor that damages over time, strips armour, and hampers movement

Kuva Twin Basolk
Aside from the fact that it'd be nice for the TB to actually have some IPS, buffs the range of Rift Strike to double the range listed on the mod and add a guaranteed heat proc on heavy attack hit

There are just vague personal ideas, please do leave your own suggestions!

Edited by NeoSpaceRanger
Alteration of formatting for ease of reading

Special effect are (IMO) a infested and prime weapon thing.

Possibly a few thematically relevant "minor" effects (like the buzlok "sniper alt fire mode" option being a mechanically unique way of turning a machine gun into a pseudo sniper instead of click button to actually change fire mode and stats) could fit very well tho.

Edited by Andele3025

16 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

"Future Kuva Weapons - unique features are what they need!"

->
Any Future Weapons - unique features are what they need!

(and also to the old weapon that have nothing interesting)

This is true and valid, we need more weird and wonderful stuff

16 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

Possibly a few thematically relevant "minor" effects (buzlok "sniper alt fire mode" option being a mechanically unique way of turning a machine gun into a pseudo sniper instead of click button to actually change fire mode and stats) could fit.

That's a very fair view on it, more akin to the mode switching on the Kuva Quartakk, which does fit the bill TBH. I'm just a fan of the Kuva Nukor's chaining beam and started thinking about unique mechanics.

• Like 2

il y a 10 minutes, Andele3025 a dit :

Possibly a few thematically relevant "minor" effects (buzlok "sniper alt fire mode" option being a mechanically unique way of turning a machine gun into a pseudo sniper instead of click button to actually change fire mode and stats) could fit.

unique features is more Corpus than any other faction : Opticor, Staticor, Arca Plasmor, Lenz, ...

most of the weapons that are not standard weapon/gun come from them.

6 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

unique features is more Corpus than any other faction : Opticor, Staticor, Arca Plasmor, Lenz, ...

Well, a number of Tenno have really unique features or firing types too. Corinth, Acceltra, all the Login weapons, Ballistica, Cernos Prime, Talons, Panthera...

I think what we can draw from this is that the Grineer, with a few exceptions, are a relatively vanilla faction.

15 minutes ago, GKP_light said:

Of all the guns you mentioned, only Lenz has any unique ""feature"", that being that its (while its still a thing) self damage is actually well designed... tho, it being a unique thing in that regard is/soon no longer will be quite a sad thing.

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Well, a number of Tenno have really unique features  Acceltra, all the Login weapons

TBF, i count pandero, knell, tatsu, login/zeni weapons, etc as "copies of to be primes".

20 hours ago, NeoSpaceRanger said:

Now I'm just going to go ahead and post some of my ideas for kuva weapon features.

All great, but please no more Kuva weapons.

We'll be getting Corpus equivalents soon, and I'd rather start saving forma for them. I want to see amazing new versions of interesting weapons like the Lenz, Exergis, Ferrox, Penta, Staticor or Angstrum (can you tell I likes the explosions?)

However, given the Kuva weapons we have they tend to be boring weapons like the Karak, Seer, Hind and Kraken, so my money's on Dera, Cestra, Cycron and the like making an appearance.

The biggest implement I can think is: separate the weapons in groups and each planet dominated by the grineers has a different group of weapons, ex:

Weapon [A, B, C] - Sedna

Weapon [D, E, F] - Mercury

Weapon [G, H, I] - Mars

That way, you don't have to spend 2~3 hours looking for the weapon you want (or just want better bonus element) killing very very very mutch kuva larvlings. (I "farm" 5k kuva to get my brahma, not fun matte).

With "Nod Lock" will be better! (Adaro - Weapon A; Pantheon - Weapon B; Ellion - Weapon C, Ara - Weapon D, Ophelia - Weapon E...)