Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane changes show little thought from DE

m0b1us1

3 minutes ago, BloodyEy3 said:

arcane guardian is pretty not niche and by the love of god not useless at all, same for all the good arcanes (energize, grace, avanger,...)

I have to disagree, the investment to what's gained just isnt worth it. They are a nice bonus but not worth the price of admission.

Its niche due to that.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Cram Duahcim:

I have to disagree, the investment to what's gained just isnt worth it. They are a nice bonus but not worth the price of admission.

Its niche due to that.

energ energize r3 -> 40% chance to proc, 10m radius, 100 energy restore. can be stacked atm. --> energy orbs are the most likely to drop. the energy gain goes through channeled. Thats not niche. Thats the reason low efficiney build are even possible

Arcane guardian --> 600armor = it always pushes u to 65% dmg reduction (to all types) and 20% seems low but its not. only the first time it triggeres is somwhat, afterwards 65% dmg reductions lets you facetank everything else conistently so it keeps procing which refreshes its duration

Arcane avanger --> +14 chance on dmged (which procs slightly less often then guardian but especially with guardian is active as well at all times, since u cna just facetank everyhting) gives 30% crit chance. +30% crit chance !!! u have a weapon which u only got to 75% ? now 105% crit. crits always --> chance to get orange crit --> vigilant set upgrading crit tier --> a huge upgrade in dmg, way above most + weapon dmg mods

and their value ? are you crazy ? arcane guardian r3 costs 200p avenger costs 50p

arcane guardian is arguably more generally usefull then adaption and a maxed adaption costs 120p, if you could even compare anything to the godlikeness of energize its equilibrium max -- 140p but the thing is arcanes dont take up mod slot, they have respective slots. so you can still mod for everythin you like while having this.

The moment u start minmaxing its mainly possible and working around how strong those arcanes are. I am pretty sure ur view made it so  uve never tried just one of the arcanes r3 and as such have no real opinion on how strong those actually are, (there is absolutly no need for them in lvl 20mission when u casually play) but if u want to minmax and see what you can get out of ur weapons or warframes they are absolutly necessary.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, BloodyEy3 said:

energ energize r3 -> 40% chance to proc, 10m radius, 100 energy restore. can be stacked atm. --> energy orbs are the most likely to drop. the energy gain goes through channeled. Thats not niche. Thats the reason low efficiney build are even possible

Arcane guardian --> 600armor = it always pushes u to 65% dmg reduction (to all types) and 20% seems low but its not. only the first time it triggeres is somwhat, afterwards 65% dmg reductions lets you facetank everything else conistently so it keeps procing which refreshes its duration

Arcane avanger --> +14 chance on dmged (which procs slightly less often then guardian but especially with guardian is active as well at all times, since u cna just facetank everyhting) gives 30% crit chance. +30% crit chance !!! u have a weapon which u only got to 75% ? now 105% crit. crits always --> chance to get orange crit --> vigilant set upgrading crit tier --> a huge upgrade in dmg, way above most + weapon dmg mods

and their value ? are you crazy ? arcane guardian r3 costs 200p avenger costs 50p

arcane guardian is arguably more generally usefull then adaption and a maxed adaption costs 120p, if you could even compare anything to the godlikeness of energize its equilibrium max -- 140p but the thing is arcanes dont take up mod slot, they have respective slots. so you can still mod for everythin you like while having this.

The moment u start minmaxing its mainly possible and working around how strong those arcanes are. I am pretty sure ur view made it so  uve never tried just one of the arcanes r3 and as such have no real opinion on how strong those actually are, (there is absolutly no need for them in lvl 20mission when u casually play) but if u want to minmax and see what you can get out of ur weapons or warframes they are absolutly necessary.

I will add up on this comment by talking about Arcane Grace.

The reasons i got these was too allow certain frames that did not have the means to heal themselves with skills to heal up to a certain degree.

I play Atlas a lot and double Arcane Grace made him pretty tanky however those Arcanes are compensating for something the frame was lacking in the first place. I had to work hard to get these items and make the build work and i paid the price for it but now i can play a frame i like in long survivals while using any weapons i want instead of constantly spamming 1 to have that small invincibility window (which is very boring to play).

Arcanes are here to compensate for flaws certain frame may have and you have to work your way in order to obtain them but are they really necessary? Of course they are not but by nature they open up possibility.

Now removing double stacking AND pushing back the max rank to 5 is a slap in the face because you have to regrind for something you had before...

Make all current rank 3 go rank 5 prior to the update or keep the double stacking (no effing cooldown) for rank 3 arcanes but R4 and R5 are single slot.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BloodyEy3 said:

Just because I dont use them dosent mean I haven't tried them.

I haven't had any issues to justify using them for any of the stats you displayed. Nice bonuses but again only niche. 

I took the plat and ran, that's where I got value from em. 

vor 17 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Cram Duahcim:

I haven't had any issues to justify using them for any of the stats you displayed. Nice bonuses but again only niche. 

for every warframe below 600 armor (nearly every single warframe) a single arcane guardian will always give more armor value then steel fiber.

everything below 150 base armor tends to be pretty much oneshot around lvl 80-100 if u "facetank". so at that point adaption gives barely no value as you never get to the point to stack it max.

give them 600armor -> now they have around 70% dmg reduction. 1000 dmg becomes 300 dmg... 300 dmg is actually survivable multiple times --> adaption can take effect --> 90% dmg reduction + 70% dmg reductin from armor --> you can aimlessly work around any mission till lvl 200 (at which the moment you lose either effec the mission is over for you as the moment u stop  taking dmg for a prolonged time and effect wears off u ll not be able to stack it again)

this is for warframes like limbo or nyx,.... they dont even need to use their abilities to be able to sustain that dmg. Now think about how much effective health sth like inaros or nidus gets from arcane grace and guardian. saying those are not worth their price is just rediclous.

the one time they have nearly no use is for example if you use energize on inaros and not once use 1 ability, or choose to use grace or guardian on hyldrin. or only play lvl 1-20 missions

Edited by BloodyEy3
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, BloodyEy3 said:

for every warframe below 600 armor (nearly every single warframe) a single arcane guardian will always give more armor value then steel fiber.

everything below 150 base armor tends to be pretty much oneshot around lvl 80-100 if u "facetank". so at that point adaption gives barely no value as you never get to the point to stack it max.

give them 600armor -> now they have around 70% dmg reduction. 1000 dmg becomes 300 dmg... 300 dmg is actually survivable multiple times --> adaption can take effect --> 90% dmg reduction + 70% dmg reductin from armor --> you can aimlessly work around any mission till lvl 200 (at which the moment you lose either effec the mission is over for you as the moment u stop  taking dmg for a prolonged time and effect wears off u ll not be able to stack it again)

this is for warframes like limbo or nyx,.... they dont even need to use their abilities to be able to sustain that dmg. Now think about how much effective health sth like inaros or nidus gets from arcane grace and guardian. saying those are not worth their price is just rediclous.

the one time they have nearly no use is for example if you use energize on inaros and not once use 1 ability, or choose to use grace or guardian on hyldrin. or only play lvl 1-20 missions

Inaros is a terrible example to use, all he honestly needs are Umbral Mods and the augement for scarab armour. If your having health/armour and energy concerns with Inaros then your honestly not using him right at all, he legit can't die already (even before The Sacrifice, the Umbral mods alone are overkill)

I have had zero need for Arcanes other then if I need plat I sell em off. I've used em, saw zero benefit compared to the cost and sold em for plat.

They could remove them from the game entirely and I wouldnt even care, the only value I personally have found Arcanes is in the platinum. 

Limbo....simply dodge and you physically cant die. Theres ways to play the game that simply dont require Arcanes, which is why they are Niche. They are a bonus but seriously not required. At.all

Edited by (XB1)Cram Duahcim

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Cram Duahcim:

Limbo....simply dodge and you physically cant die. Theres ways to play the game that simply dont require Arcanes, which is why they are Niche. They are a bonus but seriously not required. At.all

yeah you could. but then u dont have to. it makes alot of stuff alot easier. look at this game !! selfdmg just got taken away cause people kept blowing themself off. ignis is probably most used weapon in this game. most of the time you dont want to play around sth or use a mod capactiy for it. All these good arcanes are good cause they lets u turn off brain and still be better then normal mods.

ur limbo example. i used 99% min range high duration build to defend objetives. this leaves my abilites in not that usefull state. i clearly could go afk as i am contributing in defending defense target, but maybe i want to fight aswell. now this cataclysm with min size doest give nearly enough room for taht. and for banish i have to be in same plane as them. and with - range the rage becomes pretty "close" combat. more often then not people will shoot u from a further range. So what guardian here does is let me protect the defense target while i get to play like a inaros in limbo fashion style.

and yes there is no need for it. its not necessary at all !! but it option a hella lot of option for most warframes

Edited by BloodyEy3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BloodyEy3 said:

yeah you could. but then u dont have to. it makes alot of stuff alot easier. look at this game !! selfdmg just got taken away cause people kept blowing themself off. ignis is probably most used weapon in this game. most of the time you dont want to play around sth or use a mod capactiy for it. All these good arcanes are good cause they lets u turn off brain and still be better then normal mods.

ur limbo example. i used 99% min range high duration build to defend objetives. this leaves my abilites in not that usefull state. i clearly could go afk as i am contributing in defending defense target, but maybe i want to fight aswell. now this cataclysm with min size doest give nearly enough room for taht. and for banish i have to be in same plane as them. and with - range the rage becomes pretty "close" combat. more often then not people will shoot u from a further range. So what guardian here does is let me protect the defense target while i get to play like a inaros in limbo fashion style.

I get what your saying but I'm doing just fine without em. My Inaros is already godlike with max range and Umbral Mods. I'm saving my Umbral forma for Inaros Prime when he comes out later this year  which is just more godlike power coming my way. 

I might go back and give them a try after the changes but I still think my opinion wont change. I've still made good plat from em (same with rivens) but I haven't any personal investment in either due to the fact that these are elements of the game that are always going have the astrick "Subject to change" on them or because I haven't found the grind for em to really be a worthwhile investment over what they offer. 

The time investment in Arcanes weren't enough for me to justify the grind for me to max them or spend plat on. I Eidolon hunt for when I need plat honestly, that's where I've found there value. 

I get what your saying but I'm doing more then ok without em. 

You're not wrong. I don't see the community fighting back against this, see a lot of people defending it without at the very least acknowledging the bs so the cycle will continue until more people take a break from the game. They could have easily said something long long ago but they didn't and if you're going to leave something as is in the game for this long and then take it away and say it wasn't part of the plan, it really is bad form on their part.

• Like 1

From reading all the posts before me, I think all the points I would've brought up has been adressed.

But if I had something new to say, I would speak about making assumptions, and jumping the gun. I believe when we are writing feedback in the feedback section of the forums we are noticed by the developers, they do read most of the posts, however I don't believe we are all acknowledged personally through the forums, I think they acknowledge us through game changes, and I am certian they are making changes due to that feedback.

I am also a contender of calm respectable feedback, criticism on Warframe is an extremely helpful tool for the improvement its gameplay, and if I were to be more brass about my assessment, I'd say criticism is imperative for its continuation. That said I believe you can discredit your own criticism by being malicious, at itself I don't believe including malice in criticism invalidates it, but rather you won't be seen someone to take seriously.

I can see the arcane changes being a bit too forward in some areas, and not being enough in others. The removal of double stacking arcanes, and the increased grind for them have valid criticism, especially when it comes to the "we forgot to change it years ago" reason, but when your argument comes in the form of contempt, and anger rather insinuative logic, I see venting, not concern. I believe all sides apply to this, when one person posts criticism and the person replying is malicious towards them, that looks like rock throwing, vice versa, and when both parties are malicious towards each other I see fist fighting, not a conversation.

Now all of this is conjecture, and I say its conjecture for either side reading this, if you agree with me try not to take my word as faith, I could be wrong about the nature of how to conversate as a whole, your opinion should change as much as anyone else's, and with with grace. For those who disagree, I believe you are as right in your own opinion as mine,you could very well change my mind about how the devs at DE think, or arcane changes, but I am more willing if you convince me through calm reasonable logic.

If I seem like I'm virtue signaling, or preachy I don't mean to, I just want discussions that could allow us to work towards a better solution, even if it ends in compromise. 

• Like 2

The devs hav tons of things in their To do list. Maybe it did take years to get to certain things that aren't pressing issues. 

Many of you seem to live in this bubble where the devs have a bunch of free time to theory craft and casually address only popular forum issues

Edited by Hypernaut1

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The devs hav tons of things in their To do list. Maybe it did take years to get to certain things that aren't pressing issues. 

Many of you seem to live in this bubble where the devs have a bunch of free time to theory craft age address only popular forum issues

No, they just acquiesce to complaints and then say "oh we had no idea it was like this. Nope, no clue whatsoever."  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Darkrya said:

From reading all the posts before me, I think all the points I would've brought up has been adressed.

But if I had something new to say, I would speak about making assumptions, and jumping the gun. I believe when we are writing feedback in the feedback section of the forums we are noticed by the developers, they do read most of the posts, however I don't believe we are all acknowledged personally through the forums, I think they acknowledge us through game changes, and I am certian they are making changes due to that feedback.

I am also a contender of calm respectable feedback, criticism on Warframe is an extremely helpful tool for the improvement its gameplay, and if I were to be more brass about my assessment, I'd say criticism is imperative for its continuation. That said I believe you can discredit your own criticism by being malicious, at itself I don't believe including malice in criticism invalidates it, but rather you won't be seen someone to take seriously.

I can see the arcane changes being a bit too forward in some areas, and not being enough in others. The removal of double stacking arcanes, and the increased grind for them have valid criticism, especially when it comes to the "we forgot to change it years ago" reason, but when your argument comes in the form of contempt, and anger rather insinuative logic, I see venting, not concern. I believe all sides apply to this, when one person posts criticism and the person replying is malicious towards them, that looks like rock throwing, vice versa, and when both parties are malicious towards each other I see fist fighting, not a conversation.

Now all of this is conjecture, and I say its conjecture for either side reading this, if you agree with me try not to take my word as faith, I could be wrong about the nature of how to conversate as a whole, your opinion should change as much as anyone else's, and with with grace. For those who disagree, I believe you are as right in your own opinion as mine,you could very well change my mind about how the devs at DE think, or arcane changes, but I am more willing if you convince me through calm reasonable logic.

If I seem like I'm virtue signaling, or preachy I don't mean to, I just want discussions that could allow us to work towards a better solution, even if it ends in compromise. 

Respectable feedback requires honesty on DE's part, not the typical "we didn't know it was like this, nope no idea whatsoever" whenever a change is implemented especially to things that have been in the game for a long while. They can try being honest. 

EDIT: Also, foresight to how their changes will affect other aspects of the game. They lack foresight as well. 

Edited by (PS4)DoctorWho_90250
  • Like 1

I agree with the double stack removal and buffs of things like healing to 100 percent but 20 arcanes now. Just buff don’t do rank 5 thing. And yes grace is used a lot becuase of it being damage. Not a specific damage which isn’t going to proc as much and is more specific. Duration nerfs are also irritating. Nerfing the best arcanes is not the way to go here and increasing the grind to fix is not what anybody wants. Also can I stick a current rank 3 into another rank 3 or does it have to be always a rank 0. If this is the case wow that is awful.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Toolriz said:

I agree with the double stack removal and buffs of things like healing to 100 percent but 20 arcanes now. Just buff don’t do rank 5 thing. And yes grace is used a lot becuase of it being damage. Not a specific damage which isn’t going to proc as much and is more specific. Duration nerfs are also irritating. Nerfing the best arcanes is not the way to go here and increasing the grind to fix is not what anybody wants. Also can I stick a current rank 3 into another rank 3 or does it have to be always a rank 0. If this is the case wow that is awful.

If (dreaming in colors here) by an act of good faith in order to make the transition smoother all current rank 3 arcanes would be upgraded to rank 5 at the moment of the update kicking in i would be willing to accept that in compromise.

But they rally need to buff some of the changes, Arcane Aegis is ridiculously weak if they keep it as so in next update.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Toolriz said:

I think they have to be rank 0 but you can break ranked arcanes up now. So basically you can stick rank 3 in to a rank 3.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Yeah sorry. I'd read the post scanned through the arcanes and the ones I could remember the values of only looked like improvements.

Look at Aegis and tell me its doing better than Guardian lol.

Shields need help in this game and sadly nerf the only viable shield tanking option here lol.

• Like 2

Just now, Bacl said:

Look at Aegis and tell me its doing better than Guardian lol.

Shields need help in this game and sadly nerf the only viable shield tanking option here lol.

I'm not saying it is better. The ones I thought I remembered the current values of looked improved. I don't know most of the arcane stats from memory and I suspect I'd got a few wrong too.

IMO buff the arcanes that need it (like Nullifier), then leave all the other arcanes alone. After that add in the functionality of being unable to equip multiple of the same kind, but allow us to equip 3 arcanes where applicable. 

That way everyone's time investment is preserved, and I can guaranty it will increase diversity in arcane selection by 10-fold compared to what is currently proposed.  

My first thought was a negative one about the changes to arcanes, not being able to stack them sure breaks some builds but they are also making arcanes reach R5 for higher proc bonuses, what I don't like from this is them also adding a cooldown on arcane procs, considering that we wont be able to stack them anymore, that is simply overkill. Unless, the cooldown is equal or lesser to the duration of the triggered effect.

I don't care if they won't stack. This is definitely about the grind though, or they could've made rank 5 arcanes reachable with the same 10 copies we have now. I don't even want rank 5 arcanes but then I hear the 10 I already worked my butt off for won't even get me to rank 3 anymore. That's unacceptable. 

• Like 1

I am MR 21, been playing for 2 years, and the first time I did an Eidolon hunt was least week and I never had any arcanes until I started doing arbitrations a few months after they came out. I didn't really understand focus or work on it until a year ago. People acting like the changes to arcanes are going to globally disrupt the game are kidding themselves, more players are like me and DON'T have much experience or use with high level content such as arcanes. We learned to live without them and do just fine. I run eight waves of arbitration without any arcanes at all, and I don't use Inaros or Rhino, either. These changes will effect a VERY small part of the player base that does things like four hour kuvivals. I can barely get anyone to stay for 4 waves in a defense. More specifically, it only effects players who double-stack arcanes, and those who use builds that rely on some of the arcanes that were tweaked. This is a TINY amount of people. This change is not going to run the game into the ground.

As for people complaining about DE screwing them over and forcing more grind...I'm really not seeing it? For the most part, all level 3 arcanes are staying THE SAME, though one or two were tweaked. Yeah, it is no longer possible to obtain the effect of double stacking arcanes, but if you already have two, you can now break down your extra one to place into your other one and recoup most of the grind and effect. Your grind is going to be pretty minimal all told. Honestly if you are at the point that you are running lv. 300 content and NEED the rank 5 arcane for it, then what else do you have to do in the game? You are probably running Eidolons all the time, you'll rank it up in no time at all.

People pissed about their investments in plat possibly being downgraded--that's just life and investments are risks. That's how the real economy works. Someone invents a new, cheaper way to get or make something and suddenly everyone who hoarded that product when it was expensive is out money. Get over it. I'm not saying you have to be happy about it, but don't let your irritation cloud your objectivity. Also, it really didn't change your investment as much as you think, you have to take into account the use you got out of it too. If you got use and enjoyment from using the expensive purchase than that doesn't go away just because the resale value has gone down. Arcanes don't run down which is more than a car can say. No one said DE was going to cover your investments, no one forced you to spend thousands of plat on an arcane.

Will some of the tweaks to arcanes make certain builds impossible or make certain frames useless in high level missions? Maybe, I'm not sure. That's something you'll have to see later and if it proves the case, then you can complain.

Are the changes actually going to make lesser arcanes used more? Well yeah, which was the goal. Are these changes a net positive? I'm not sure, but the negatives are pretty minimal in my opinion. I can understand being annoyed, but the toxic "DE doesn't give a sh*t about players, DE doesn't know how their own game works, I of my own free will speant the equivalent of $100 on an item that will now probably only be worth $80, just like any product ever deteriorates in price over time, just because DE hates me personally," needs to end, christ, because it's based on kneejerk feelings and not reality.

Edited by (PS4)M00n_Slippers
Bad autocorrect
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, (PS4)M00n_Slippers said:

I am MR 21, been playing for 2 years, and the first time I did an Eidolon hunt was least week and I never had any arcanes until I started skiing arbitrations a few months after they came out. I didn't really understand focus or work in it until a year ago. People acting like the changes to arcanes are going to globally disrupt the game are kidding themselves, more players are like me and DON'T have much experience or use with high level content such as arcanes. We learned to love without them and do just fine. I run eight waves of arbitration without any arcanes at all, and I don't use Inaros or Rhino, either. These changes will effect a VERY small part of the player base that does things like four hour kuvivals. I can barely get anyone to stay for 4 waves in a defense. More specifically, it only effects players who double-stack arcanes, and those who use builds that rely on some of the arcanes that were tweaked. This is a TINY amount of people. This change is not going to run the game into the ground.

As for people complaining about DE screwing them over and forcing more grind...I'm really not seeing it? For the most part, all level 3 arcanes are staying THE SAME, though one or two were tweaked. Yeah, it is no longer possible to obtain the effect of double stacking arcanes, but if you already have two, you can now break down your extra one to place into your other one and recoup most of the grind and effect. Your grind is going to be pretty minimal all told. Honestly if you are at the point that you are running lv. 300 content and NEED the rank 5 arcane for it, then what else do you have to do in the game? You are probably running Eidolons all the time, you'll rank it up in no time at all.

People pissed about their investments in plat possibly being downgraded--that's just life and investments are risks. That's how the real economy works. Someone invents a new, cheaper way to get or make something and suddenly everyone who hoarded that product when it was expensive is out money. Get over it. I'm not saying you have to be happy about it, but don't let your irritation cloud your objectivity. Also, it really didn't change your investment as much as you think, you have to take into account the use you got out of it too. If you got use and enjoyment from using the expensive purchase than that doesn't go away just because the resale value has gone down. Arcanes don't run down which is more than a car can say. No one said DE was going to cover your investments, no one forced you to spend thousands of plat on an arcane.

Will some of the tweaks to arcanes make certain builds impossible or make certain frames useless in high level missions? Maybe, I'm not sure. That's something you'll have to see later and if it proves the case, then you can complain.

Are the changes actually going to make lesser arcanes used more? Well yeah, which was the goal. Are these changes a net positive? I'm not sure, but the negatives are pretty minimal in my opinion. I can understand being annoyed, but the toxic "DE doesn't give a S#&$ about players, DE doesn't know how their own game works, I of my own free will speant the equivalent of $100 on an item that will now probably only be worth $80, just like any product ever deteriorates in price over time, just because DE hates me personally," needs to end, christ, because it's based on kneejerk feelings and not reality.

You dont use arcanes but you're talking about your arcane "experience". You're MR21, but can only survive 8 waves of arbitration defense? how did you get MR21?

• Like 1