Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE to lower Railjack investment? Why? Nobody playing it?

This was kinda expected as per DE's MO, 

It's not anything new, 

Release content with extremely high walls to entry so that those with more plat than patience will sink it and those with patience will give them the numbers to show players are playing. 

Once the players that do either are done with it, they will make it easier for the casuals that will neither want to pay or invest time. 

The problem with making a game more grundy than fun is that people will simply stop. 

5 hours ago, Senaphur said:

as for what --C-- Nehra said.

I for my part can't give RJ any attention, its in my eyes a different game, doesn't matter if they wanna make it all shiny and interessting. To me it's still a different game built into this one with story quests tied to it that forces us to play that content.

I'll stay away for it as long as i can most likely.

They are dropping lots of arcanes in the next event, because they also doubled the required ammount of arcanes and nerfed the good/decent ones to poop, just look at Arcane Guardian, thats supposed to help new'ish people out with surivability imo.

Now it takes more than double the ammount of arcanes (they said 2 R3 +1 R0) to max it from 0 to 5 and it's WORSE than live client.

Bringing us Arcanes, but nerfing them is not the way to bring us old people back into their new content.

For all i care i'll do ESO and Sortie for the rest of my days, but i'm not touching that content until it's properly done.

Sorry i play this game for more than 1300 ingame hours in playstation and then later PC, but i'm not really a forum kinda guy.

I just miss Warframe2018 more than i enjoy 2020's iteration, except the melee rework. That one is well done.

Agree with you, I also care about the classic side of the game. 

• Like 3

On 2020-03-01 at 1:21 AM, Aldain said:

A large number of players likely looked at that 6 million credit cost and just said "Nope, not even gonna bother" which means that it drove away potential players on that alone,

If players were unwilling to farm 6 million Credits to build a Railjack, they definitely weren't going to stay around and farm 4096 Intrinsics (and with Command 5120).

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The buy in was simply too high and I think many probable captains got put off by that, so DE refunding mats is simply to make it even between new captains getting their RJ quick and cheap and the old ones who have already invested "alot". It is kinda what happens in games that change system requirements to increase accessibility. The old timers either get refunds or some special rewards, or both like in this case, while newcomers have quicker accessibility.

And as pointed out here, the decision may also have come due to how the operation will work, with the need for both ground and space crews.

I also dont really get the people that call this particualr mode "forced". It isnt more forced than any other specific system addition. Operators and AW are already "forced" pieces of content. Without those two you are locked out of several different things.

alright fanboy how about you take off those DE colored and shaped glasses off and look at it from a neutral point of a view. all the past cinematic quests were a natural kind of progression, 2nd dream gave you operator as reward and you weren't ever forced to use it ingame, war within gave you movable operator and that had no grind, just a 20 min alone time with the operator, sacrifice gave you umbra and all his toys as reward again you didn't have to grind your operator, the only restrictions they had was the reasonable completion in a particular order but now because DE's ship is sinking they are trying, say it with me TRYING TO FORCE their fanbase to try a gamemode THAT DE DIDN'T THROUGH. in their quest to prolong their railjack game mode they introduced tedious grind to make the railjack and left it the same monotonous grinding for avionics and boring enemy design after that. The jaded vets got their stuff and left, the newer players said screw this and left, you know what we do have now, a mostly empty railjack lobby that DE is making an event around. they are so badly trying to force the grind, the tedious railjack and archwing mechanic now that they want it to be a major, i mean major part of the rest of the upcoming quests. DE failed with railjack and are just trying to polish a turd and put chocolate gravy over it inorder to present it as a tasty cake for a birthday party.

From my exerpience, players don't do Rising Tide because of the grind. And the fact that anyone can join a Railjack mission without finishing Rising Tide. DE has the stats. Which percentage of MR completed x amount of Railjack missions. How many MR tenno started Rising Tide. With all the data they just concluded players want a free entry to the content. Even with the changes, I doubt anyone is going to keep doing railjack mission constantly.

Honestly my only problem with Railjack is that it just becomes a miserable grind midway through Saturn and it doesn't help that they mislead enemy level. They say its only a level 40 enemy but the bugger has received enough buffs that it acts like an enemy twice its level. 

I do enjoy the Railjack mechanics as it is easily the space combat experience that I have played in a long time and made me nostalgic for the days of Star Wars Battlefront 2.

I can see Railjacks becoming a bridge between all Warframe content one day, like at the end of an Earth mission rather than get picked up by the landing craft it is instead the Railjack which you can choose to either go back into the orbiter or the free roam section and then can pick either a space mission or a ground based one. Hell even normal Archwing missions can be integrated as random events rather than mission types during space flight.   

I own quite a powerful railjack. I believe DE got their heads in the sand for this one.

The problem is not the cost of entry. Rather, it is the cost of commitment.

Railjack at the moment is not cost-effective in terms of enjoyment, power fantasy and reward-to-time efficiency.

• Intrinsic farm to even play a decent role as a crewmate
  • Lack of variety in mission design + bonus objectives that are there just to pad gametime. I'm looking at you; Missile/ Asteroid base and comms relay.
  • Reactor Grind: Big culprit. Have many fancy, powerful avionics? Tough luck, have fun (2-4%) getting a decent reactor to use them.
  • Crazy resource requirements for wreckage: Biggest Culprit. Titanium req. 12K and asterite 1.4K? No thank you. Not with the drip feed of resources in the field.
  • Important Avionics based on a stingy RNG droprate: Zekti Bulkhead, Hyperstrike 
  • Mk III variants do not feel powerful to use, even with maxed avionics; hyperstrike, predator, section density, etc
  • Debatable: Boarding crew on steroids

I am inclined to believe that the upcoming event will be a flop and that will be railjack portion. Very few will venture out in their railjacks if not fully modded and even less competent crews will set their search settings to public given the level of coordination it requires.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

could be a number of reasons:

-  having your own Railjack becoming mandatory for future quests. it only makes sense given DE want people to play it, and all of the major cinematic quests are done solo, so that means needing your own Railjack if things are going to continue this way.

- only a few players (perhaps far less than DE intended) have their own Railjack. this was the reason they cited in the workshop, but that by itself doesn't seem to be much of a reason. if Rush Drones were still purchasable than it would seem like attempting to get more players into the Railjack economy, farming and then rushing to repair parts, but it's not like that now either.

- to say that they are reducing the grind, so that whenever something else gets bumped up, it can be said "well, they made it easier to get a railjack, so.." 

- to ensure that there are not too many ground squads and not enough railjack squads for Scarlet Spear. if squad linking is mandatory for this operation, which seems almost certain, then the whole thing won't work if ground teams have no support crews to pair up with. of course, most people will likely prefer to be on the ground, because it's we know and love, but like it or not, someone's gotta go onboard the ship.

- a railjack being built faster means the time saved can be spent trying to upgrade it. I've seen a few people complaining about the mode when 99% of their problems is that their ship is too weak: we've had plenty of time to reach the Veil and get some Mk3, and this will allow newer players to do the same. if your railjack isn't up to par, you'll probably struggle in Scarlet Spear, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

it's not a bad thing by any means, and as someone who's played railjack a decent, but not ungodly amount, I look forward to having 2 free drones gifted to me! 

Yeah, it's my fault I get hit with host migration many times in Railjack which has discouraged me from even participating...that, and the lack of a command intrinsic when everything else can be solo'd. All my fault I have no command intrinsic and suffer from host migration and other bugs and glitches.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

I read that. Still seems a little short sighted. I mean why was it taylored just towards veterans? What does DE considered a vet?  I seriously don't think lowering the cost is the most needed thing in the railjack system right now. The whole system is a bit borked and objectively; fundamentally a mess. But lowering the cost to play it should help? 

tenor.gif

......because its late game content.....the levels are higher....and its after all the current content......its possible you're overthinking it.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Kierlak:

Yeah, the shockingly low participation in RJ now. And since DE put all their eggs in the RJ basket...they are pretty close to public panic mode.

What's so shocking about it? Once you got most stuff or miss just incredibly rare items you cannot trade for, there's little point to play it atm. That's the point where most Railjack Enthusiasts like myself are right now. And let's be honest: the prerequisites for RJ are way too high for the average Warframe player or newcomer.

I just hope we see more meaningful ways RJ will be connecting to the rest of the game. Next update doesn't look that way...

I like RJ, and with them lowering the barrier of entry more players, some very considerably fresher eyes then vets, will get to experience it. Some of the feedback they will provide will make the mode better. And this change can only bring more players into RJ, thus people who don't want to host have more chances to find games. 

Problem with content for veterans is that to keep it for veterans, that content has to be a dead end otherwise. Because content for veterans or "endgame players" will be played by a small part of the overall player population it makes no economic and design sense to make it the entry point for a large and important part of upcoming gameplay events. So seeing as RJ will be a medium to a larger and wider piece of content, it can't stay as something only for vets. 

Also we must all remember that DE can't please everyone. Whatever they do or don't do, someone will not like it. They stop adding new stuff and concentrate on fixing and refining existing content and people will be pissed at the "content drought". They pool their resources to adding content and for any number of reasons, some people will be slighted at older content being left in what they perceive as unfinished state. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ligonare said:

I am inclined to believe that the upcoming event will be a flop and that will be railjack portion. Very few will venture out in their railjacks if not fully modded and even less competent crews will set their search settings to public given the level of coordination it requires.

Not only will this event flop.  Its going to piss off even more players. .. the feeling of missing out will be even highter when bugs and host migration start costing player rewards and time.

Squad link is going to be a buggy mess that might push players over the edge.

And railjack,  DE wants more of their players to witness this train wreck. ..

The players base is finally stable . I wounder if even more player will quit the game after this event. ...

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82

I think I took my RJ out for like 2 or 3 missions and never went back.

The entire system is so badly designed I just can't bring myself to touch it.  Maybe by this time next year it might be decent, though I doubt it.  I'd prefer a good space simulator over ground content honestly, but RJ is just not well done.  I played batter space sims back in the DOS days.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

alright fanboy how about you take off those DE colored and shaped glasses off and look at it from a neutral point of a view. all the past cinematic quests were a natural kind of progression, 2nd dream gave you operator as reward and you weren't ever forced to use it ingame, war within gave you movable operator and that had no grind, just a 20 min alone time with the operator, sacrifice gave you umbra and all his toys as reward again you didn't have to grind your operator, the only restrictions they had was the reasonable completion in a particular order but now because DE's ship is sinking they are trying, say it with me TRYING TO FORCE their fanbase to try a gamemode THAT DE DIDN'T THROUGH. in their quest to prolong their railjack game mode they introduced tedious grind to make the railjack and left it the same monotonous grinding for avionics and boring enemy design after that. The jaded vets got their stuff and left, the newer players said screw this and left, you know what we do have now, a mostly empty railjack lobby that DE is making an event around. they are so badly trying to force the grind, the tedious railjack and archwing mechanic now that they want it to be a major, i mean major part of the rest of the upcoming quests. DE failed with railjack and are just trying to polish a turd and put chocolate gravy over it inorder to present it as a tasty cake for a birthday party.

Not a fanboi opinion, because it is there in several places of the game. Did I say I like it? No I didnt, I simply pointed out it is already there. Sacrifice among other cinematic quests requiring operator gameplay. AW is required to be actively played in order to unlock arbitrations and other things. 

And you can live in denial all you want, but RJ has already been said to be more present throughout the game when the mode is finalized. The RJ lobby has also been empy for a long time, except specific veil nodes. People go where things are most efficient. I dont think DE failed with RJ either, it had a good active two months, which is decent for a half finished mode with very limited content and variety. I enjoyed it, several others do aswell, just as several people enjoy eidolons even though I dont. Does it make eidolons a fail for me not enjoying it? Nope, because plenty of others do and that is fun for them. It is also a "forced" gamemode if I want to get arcanes.

So us having to use systems we dont like has been part of the game for long. So it isnt something new now in order to push RJ any more than other pieces of content have been pushed with a big dangly carrot.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Toran said:

What's so shocking about it? Once you got most stuff or miss just incredibly rare items you cannot trade for, there's little point to play it atm. That's the point where most Railjack Enthusiasts like myself are right now. And let's be honest: the prerequisites for RJ are way too high for the average Warframe player or newcomer.

I just hope we see more meaningful ways RJ will be connecting to the rest of the game. Next update doesn't look that way...

Not shocking to us, shocking to DE. They expected 80+% of the playerbase to fall in love with RJ and play it for a hundred years non-stop. They kept amping the RNG and grind to higher and higher levels, and expected the players to just go along with it. Spoiler alert: The players balked and now DE is staring down the barrel of content they are too invested in to stop that is abandoned by the players before it even launches.

I mean beside working on your railjack for future content. Atm current railjack content is pretty much nothing. You get the sentient ship for a tiny lil cutscene and ephemera  or you do railjack exterminate missions with some side objective sometimes to farm intrinsics that not needed cuz well there is really nothing to do with railjacks atm.

Im surprised any1 is doing railjack atm. we will probably see a large uptick when scarlet spear comes out but again thats in the future. I would just suggest ppl take it slowly if they do plan to start railjack now instead of waiting for it to be easier later.

for my self at this point really I would need to run like 450-500 railjack missions to finish my intrinsic and I guess farm that last mod that seems interesting pheonix trails or w/e that fire trial one is. Besides that I have nothing else to do in railjack.

Edited by (XB1)Dex Xean

1 minute ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Steam numbers and 70% of the player base would like a word with you..  lololol  

Railjack is no more than a tech demo copy pasted to appear bigger 🙂 there are opportunities to expand, DE just need to overcome the sunken cost fallacy with some really un-fun mechanics.

• Like 1

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)zeratul____12:

They say its only a level 40 enemy but the bugger has received enough buffs that it acts like an enemy twice its level. 

That is my main problem lately with the game, since PoE, Fortuna, etc. Enemy levels are way to inconsistent with this, i mean it is one thing that different enemys have different resistances but level by now basically has no meaning anymore.

Worst is how Archwing once again feels way to useless again that i can't even take on a small fighter with it aswell.

Friends enjoy this gamemode alot but it is ruined by bugs and that you can keep dying due this unbalance. RJ is not my gamemode i have to say.

9 minutes ago, Fran_Bow_Dagenhart said:

Railjack is no more than a tech demo copy pasted to appear bigger 🙂 there are opportunities to expand, DE just need to overcome the sunken cost fallacy with some really un-fun mechanics.

Yeah and it’s a worst tech demo then the one they showed 2 years ago…lolol

16 hours ago, Kierlak said:

Yeah, the shockingly low participation in RJ now. And since DE put all their eggs in the RJ basket...they are pretty close to public panic mode.

Getting close to panic mode hey?

Pretty sure the Arcane nerf that are coming will not act like oil on fire

34 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Getting close to panic mode hey?

Pretty sure the Arcane nerf that are coming will not act like oil on fire

Some quiet unnerfing and making the event missions extremely rewarding would buy them some much needed goodwill.