Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(XB1)YoungGunn82

DE to lower Railjack investment? Why? Nobody playing it?

34 minutes ago, Bacl said:

Getting close to panic mode hey?

Pretty sure the Arcane nerf that are coming will not act like oil on fire

Some quiet unnerfing and making the event missions extremely rewarding would buy them some much needed goodwill.

If you watched the dev stream, they're also focusing on debugging it. They outright stated that they're changing up their bug triage system to make their response to bugs faster and better.

18 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

What does DE considered a vet?  

Someone that has the materials and means to do this stuff right out of the gate and get it done in the minimal amount of time. 

I had mine built pretty quickly, but decided to not farm for upgrades right away. I ran a few missions right off, but the amount of bugginess and rough edges put me off really committing to farming it. 

Now we have an autobuild option and hopefully there'll be people farming in a much more stable version of RJ. Sounds like a win/win to me leading into the next series of quests. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Not only will this event flop.  Its going to piss off even more players. .. the feeling of missing out will be even highter when bugs and host migration start costing player rewards and time.

Squad link is going to be a buggy mess that might push players over the edge.

And railjack,  DE wants more of their players to witness this train wreck. ..

The players base is finally stable . I wounder if even more player will quit the game after this event. ...

Pretty much this, I mean only if it goes about as well as the RJ implementation. 

I built my rail jack when it first came out. I still haven’t taken it out of dry dock. I ran a few runs on my buddies ship and thought that it was exceedingly boring   I might never take mine out on principle alone 

21 hours ago, kevoisvevo said:

which absolutely sucks, they are forcing players to play their content or not see anymore, aka rising tide railjack. 

Yeah you tell em...curse these devs for wanting more players to advance in their game...and experience new things in the game and find their own joy...WHAT AN OUTRAGE!

6 hours ago, (PS4)Vodka_Vision_ said:

If you watched the dev stream, they're also focusing on debugging it. They outright stated that they're changing up their bug triage system to make their response to bugs faster and better.

Another way of saying   we’ve learnt nothing, 

how about don’t release content in a buggy mess,

It souldn’t be release first , fix later.     It should be fix first,  release later…

But those game award announcements might have to wait….

Use those same devs  to work on polish, not bug fixers…

6 million credits hurt me ... a lot.  I had it and I spent it.  But there are frustrating things in the game that still hurt and that is the high cost of credits and the slow accumulation of endo for all the expensive SO EVERY EXPENSIVE mod ranking I still have to do.  I want to do this, that and the other and even though I've been playing this game for quite a long time, it takes so long to replenish credits and endo, and then BAM, 6 mill credits for rail jack.  And I just can't get my mods ranked up.  I'm either out of credits or out of endo.

6 minutes ago, Electra-VIIX said:

it takes so long to replenish credits and endo

The index/ profit taker and Arbitrations are really good for those.  

I keep seeing "dedicated only" or "veteran only"...

Managed to do all of this with maybe 4-5 hours per week

Game not hard, stop trying to make it seem like a heavy grind for 6m credits

19 hours ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

its not the amount of investment, railjack just doesnt seem interesting. to me its like frame fighter, lunaro, flappy zephyr, wyrmius, that guitar minigame.

simply meh

and theres tons of better spaceship games if i wanna play those, railjack definitely not one of the good ones.

Exactly my thought, i wish they should have spent time making other contents like new planets, new ground environments that warframes and parkour really matter.

Railjack is like a mini game. Railjack is just like a giant warframe in space with new mods (avionics) + endo (dirac), with some skills (battle avionics), some weapons crafted with tons of fancy new name new look resources. Nothing outside of railjack can be brought into railjack (except credit to craft the ship) and nothing from railjack can be brought out into the main game (except nearly non-existent umbra forma). Wish at least they could make some functions or skills to deploy from railjack to normal missions like: healing beam from orbit, healing pet from a far, revive out-of-life sentinels, remote turret, time bubble, orbital strike, shield field,...

I really love space battle, and I agree if I want to play space battle, there are tons of better games out there focusing on space battle.

2 hours ago, Orblit said:

Game not hard, stop trying to make it seem like a heavy grind for 6m credits

The grind isn't even heavy, it is boring and pointless.

As many have mentioned, there is no actual skill check for walking through index with a cheap meta loadout for a couple of hours a day, it just is outrageously boring and (much like current Railjack) disconnected from the core game that many would just rather not farm that many credits.

I'd wager you could have doubled every single resource requirement but cut the credits out entirely and more people would have been willing to invest or work towards Railjack because the farm would go from "Spam Index until you hit burnout" to "Do other things to gain the resources passively" since farming for resources doesn't stop players from playing the rest of the game entirely like farming credits does.

Resource wise even my casual butt had literally almost 3.5 times of most of the needed resources, the only exceptions being Orokin Cells and Argon Crystals (for obvious reasons) but I only had about 1.2mil on hand when the prices were first announced. This is because I spent my time playing the rest of the game and not running index multiple times a day.

I dont know how many who plays it but i personally havent even touched it since it just looked uninteresting to me (AW 2.0) 

I think they drop the wall of investment because they have noticed that those who have railjack play less and less or go solo since pups can make missions a pain in the bottom. They are for now unable to limit certain functions on the ship, so that just the owner/captain can use them and try to fix it via player inflation. So lots of player can play RJ and get disappointed  by set issues. When I finished my RJ and had randoms jump into the pilots seat while I was aiming the dome gun, or spamming ship skills, refining material I needed for next mission and stuff, while I had no option to prevent them from doing  this, I was wondering why I am the idiot who invested all those resources into a ship I have little power of. Then doing mission for intrinsics. I repeated GIANT POINT 10 times with my RJ(I felt social and went puplic)) and got rewarded just for one time... that never happened to me when I was joining others. 

What's there to touch anyway? in two years of development they released a demo rather than an expansion. The game mode consists of three objectives, which are bad copies of old ones (kill the captain, sabotage this, exterminate that) and are so boring and unfun that even if you google "railjack objectives" nobody talks about them, they are registered more as timewasters than the actual point of the match, no wonder.

I had hopes they'd push for more content in January, but nope, seeing the RNG and the material costs it was clear they expected users to play that diluted soup for months. Anyone with a sound head already got the drill and moved on

12 hours ago, Kierlak said:

Some quiet unnerfing and making the event missions extremely rewarding would buy them some much needed goodwill.

This alone is not enough goodwill. Railjack was suppose to be this massive new expansion, not another Content Island, quite iorinc Steve said "it's not gonna be" and yet, here we are.  

13 hours ago, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

Steam numbers and 70% of the player base would like a word with you..  lololol  

What Steam numbers? RJ managed to hold and slightly increase the activity for WF in direct connection to two previous new releases. You shouldnt expect RJ to bring a massive bump in numbers when there was no downtime between content releases. Liches, Drydock and RJ followed eachother hand in hand, not each of those releases can have an expected jump in numbers, since the jump happened with old blood followed by some more with DD and then RJ kept those numbers and increased slightly more. Which is kinda expected since DD was released to build the RJ, so people interested in it would arrive at that point to prep and then stay for phase 2.

And we arent talking a few percent here that stayed consistant over 3-4 months, we are talking over 30%. Those 3 releases attracted 36% or so.

8 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

This alone is not enough goodwill. Railjack was suppose to be this massive new expansion, not another Content Island, quite iorinc Steve said "it's not gonna be" and yet, here we are.  

Why do people that complain never keep up with what actually is going on?

Those things were never aimed for phase 2, which is what we currently are in. Complain if they fail to actually finalize it as intended, dont complain ahead of time on things that were never intended to begin with.

Not sure if bringing in more players will liven it up. Especially in the long run. Like most of the games content, it burns out really fast because there is no sustainability. It is a niche game mod that comes to an end once you get a few MK3 stuff and upgrade your RJ. There is literally no incentive to play after that.

The only way RJ will be viable is if it somehow is intergrated in to the core gameplay. Other wise given it's limited content and detachment from the main game, it will join the graveyard of good concepts executed poorly. Which is pretty sad because I initially loved RJ.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

What Steam numbers? RJ managed to hold and slightly increase the activity for WF in direct connection to two previous new releases. You shouldnt expect RJ to bring a massive bump in numbers when there was no downtime between content releases. Liches, Drydock and RJ followed eachother hand in hand, not each of those releases can have an expected jump in numbers, since the jump happened with old blood followed by some more with DD and then RJ kept those numbers and increased slightly more. Which is kinda expected since DD was released to build the RJ, so people interested in it would arrive at that point to prep and then stay for phase 2.

And we arent talking a few percent here that stayed consistant over 3-4 months, we are talking over 30%. Those 3 releases attracted 36% or so.

You would have to agreey that railback left most the community with a bad taste in their  mouth. A lot felt  lied too...I know it didn't help coming after lichers .   Railjack hurt DE in the eyes of the player base..  

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why do people that complain never keep up with what actually is going on?

Those things were never aimed for phase 2, which is what we currently are in. Complain if they fail to actually finalize it as intended, dont complain ahead of time on things that were never intended to begin with.

Not sure what you are coming from by "never keep up with what actually is going on" but whatever I guess.

No amount of pretty content and sentient events will make RJ worth playing, the bug fixes listed are pretty\ much non-existent, the ONLY decent change is the fact we're getting a refund of the grind we did.  Unless they go back to the drawing board and release what was IN THE DEMO and with what Steve WANTED the game to be. "Go there, farm that, come back when you are bored".

It is the excat thing, they DIDN'T want.

Just now, (PS4)SolarPhantom82 said:

You would have to agreey that railback left most the community with a bad taste in their  mouth. A lot felt  lied too...I know it didn't help coming after lichers .   Railjack hurt DE in the eyes of the player base..  

Some yes, but the numbers tell that it was actually a pretty good success. Otherwise december wouldnt have seen an actual (although slight) increase in numbers since it is mostly a month that sees avarage decrease. Those that have felt "lied" to have just not kept up with any news regarding RJ since the tennocon showcase demo. That isnt really DE's fault because the news updates have clearly been out there, otherwise all of us would have known nothing, which isnt the case. Several people knew what state RJ would be in, because we didnt ignore the info leading up to the release.

Those that didnt enjoy being "beta testers" could have skipped playing RJ till it was fixed. Yet for some reason they played it and decided to complain as if it was a fully finalized mode that was bugged and cut down on content. Then the rest of us have taken it for what it is, enjoyed it for what it is and provided feedback on what didnt work as expected. Now if RJ doesnt get finalized and expanded on as planned, then we all have a reason to voice our complaints because at that point we've missed out on what was planned for the system. But going nuts now and complaining over things that are intended to come later is just so silly, since all it shows is that you werent really all that interested in RJ to begin with because you havent bothered the slightest to actually keep up with the development and plans for it.

12 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Not sure if bringing in more players will liven it up. Especially in the long run. Like most of the games content, it burns out really fast because there is no sustainability. It is a niche game mod that comes to an end once you get a few MK3 stuff and upgrade your RJ. There is literally no incentive to play after that.

The only way RJ will be viable is if it somehow is intergrated in to the core gameplay. Other wise given it's limited content and detachment from the main game, it will join the graveyard of good concepts executed poorly. Which is pretty sad because I initially loved RJ.

Yet, people don't seem to understand that, they just want to praise and look at "numbers" that even has any shed of "positive" so they can "prove" they are correct, while ignorein the facts laid out to them.  I tell you, they'll defend it to it's grave