Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE to lower Railjack investment? Why? Nobody playing it?

15 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Not sure if bringing in more players will liven it up. Especially in the long run. Like most of the games content, it burns out really fast because there is no sustainability. It is a niche game mod that comes to an end once you get a few MK3 stuff and upgrade your RJ. There is literally no incentive to play after that.

The only way RJ will be viable is if it somehow is intergrated in to the core gameplay. Other wise given it's limited content and detachment from the main game, it will join the graveyard of good concepts executed poorly. Which is pretty sad because I initially loved RJ.

I fully agree with this.

If they dont manage to make their vision come alive it will just be an island that brings nothing to the game. Heck in such a case it will bring less than anything else because it has fully seperated progression aside from some AW related intrinsic percs. But that is if, so I dont see why people complain now and call out the devil when we arent even at the crossroads yet.

I'm MR21 and I returned to Warframe after 1 year to checkout new content. I have no big problem with resources or with buying some platinum. I always finish all quests first, it's like todo-list for me and I also want to have my own spaceship! Oh, but this RisingTide quest requires clan-dojo. I'm tired of joining/leaving clan each year. So I created my own solo-clan and started building corridors/halls/labs. I also have tellurium, about 1000 carbids, 100 copernicus etc. from regular playing (those should be need to finish RisingTide)

It's been about 3 weeks and I still haven't built Dry-dock. On the way to have my spaceship I got more interested of rebulding dojo-corridors, farming focus/relics, and crafting some older stuff - kitguns, moas etc.

Edited by (PS4)shann_cz

The issue with railjack is that they added a large individually owned item to the game that requires a four tenno team to operate. It didn't take that long for me to build nor that long to get the resources to build it, but I thought it would have been a better idea for it to belong to the clan because only 25% of players need a railjack. The clan members could have built it as a team and depending on how many they have in the clan even lower-level users can use it in the dojo. 

As for the price of it, nothing large like that comes cheap, not everyone in the Navy owns a ship, with a design for a four-man crew, not everyone needs a rail Jack, especially anyone too lazy to go out to do all the work required to get one.

I did all of the grinding required to get the railjack by myself and have no complaints, it's the equivalent of a ship in the Navy.

I just don't think everyone having a railjack makes any sense, 

I am not surprised that vets are the ones who managed to finish RJ, it is quite cheap tbh.

Even though I am a space game nut, I can't stand the terrible amount of grind with Intrinsic, get this, even with a booster on. If they want this mode to have better participation, the next step is to trim it or at least make it an interesting one. Currently, I am 9/8/10/10 but can't stand to even log in for it. I can't wait for the coming expansions, but i feel if it takes too long, DE will just continue to hemorrhage experienced players.

I understand that it's expensive, but everyone I know that doesn't play railjack missions is because they don't own their own railjack. Everybody wants to own their own ship. I would donate my railjack to my clan right now so that anyone in my clan could use it anytime they wanted.  I think the personal ownership of the railjack has taken away from the team spirit of railjack. 

As for the railjack missions, there's too much dependence on resources for me, I don't even use my railjack because I don't feel like doing all of that resource farming at the end of each mission and no one else I play with wants to do that either. Some weapons on the railjack are much more efficient than others, I understand that, but the people I usually play with jump on someone else's railjack and it doesn't kill the fighters so many times and they just quit playing railjack.

I believe that if building a railjack was a team thing and somehow, it is required that multiple tenno input something and there is a combined sense of accomplishment for the clan railjack, that the lower level players would feel more like they are a part of the process and more like it is theirs and usage will go up instead of the current that guy had one and I don't attitude that I am getting.

I don't know, I'm not the only one that feels like it should be clan owned item , it's a 4 man ship, but none of us are on the forum with DE like the I want one now and free crowd.

Edited by (XB1)CrapperVision
Speech to text typos

I guess DE should make RJ content more accessible:

- basic Railjack accessible immediatelly for everyone (or for reasonable price). Maybe drydock on relays.

- then there should be good quest where player can experience RJ, maybe even each RJ-role separately to get more into RJ (I haven't finished Rising tide myself)

- they could keep some portion of grind afterwards 

Edited by (PS4)shann_cz

10 minutes ago, (PS4)shann_cz said:

I guess DE should make RJ content more accessible:

- basic Railjack accessible immediatelly for everyone (or for reasonable price). Maybe drydock on relays.

- then there should be good quest where player can experience RJ, maybe even each RJ-role separately to get more into RJ (I haven't finished Rising tide myself)

- they could keep some portion of grind afterwards 

An smiple bluddy "how to do this in RJ" whuold be helpful for anyone, they just GAVE you the ship and said "lol have fun"

20 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And that is planned for phase 3.

I hate to be the naysayer, and I don't wanna specifically call out this comment, but this is an example of what I've been seeing from people defending the current iteration of Empyrean and I'd like to address it. Am I the only one who's a bit skeptical that 90% of the supposed content for Railjack is waiting for us just as soon as Phase 3 comes out? The legendary, mythical Phase 3 that will fix all the problems you, the players, have with the gamemode. Sure, Empyrean is buggy and barebones and grindy now, and shipped with only a fraction of the content we promised, and it's only been a few months since then, but as soon as we get Phase 3 in your hands, it'll make everything better and things will be great. We promise. Trust us.

I can't say that I trust that claim. I've been burned too much to believe it.

57 minutes ago, Sapphirya said:

I hate to be the naysayer, and I don't wanna specifically call out this comment, but this is an example of what I've been seeing from people defending the current iteration of Empyrean and I'd like to address it. Am I the only one who's a bit skeptical that 90% of the supposed content for Railjack is waiting for us just as soon as Phase 3 comes out? The legendary, mythical Phase 3 that will fix all the problems you, the players, have with the gamemode. Sure, Empyrean is buggy and barebones and grindy now, and shipped with only a fraction of the content we promised, and it's only been a few months since then, but as soon as we get Phase 3 in your hands, it'll make everything better and things will be great. We promise. Trust us.

It’s kind of like how the New war wasn’t Delayed...  WaRs HaVe A bEgInNiNg… and is no longer just a quest,, but now it’s going to be released over the year,  Not to buy development time ,, but we just thought it was a good idea…

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

What Steam numbers? RJ managed to hold and slightly increase the activity for WF in direct connection to two previous new releases. You shouldnt expect RJ to bring a massive bump in numbers when there was no downtime between content releases. Liches, Drydock and RJ followed eachother hand in hand, not each of those releases can have an expected jump in numbers, since the jump happened with old blood followed by some more with DD and then RJ kept those numbers and increased slightly more. Which is kinda expected since DD was released to build the RJ, so people interested in it would arrive at that point to prep and then stay for phase 2.

And we arent talking a few percent here that stayed consistant over 3-4 months, we are talking over 30%. Those 3 releases attracted 36% or so.

You continue to white knight and deflect in this thread now? RJ supposed to be the largest release of the year, that has been hyped for several years. If the only thing it did was to slow down player decrease - it is a complete failure. Old blood and everything that followed it pretty much had a negative effect on the game, due to questionable concepts, buggy releases and false advertising

.tdF97aJ.png

• Like 1

Looking at my steam stats 1.1% of players have the "Built the Railjack" achievement, even fewer of those will have got to veil proxima, built the paracesis, found the anomaly and done the erra quest.

DE have split their player base, hopefully they won't put the main quest line behind the narrow part of the split.

13 minutes ago, AltheusV said:

Looking at my steam stats 1.1% of players have the "Built the Railjack" achievement, even fewer of those will have got to veil proxima, built the paracesis, found the anomaly and done the erra quest.

DE have split their player base, hopefully they won't put the main quest line behind the narrow part of the split.

Reminder: Those are ALL steam users who ever downloaded the game.

You can see that those 1.1%, even if its a measure of statistic, is not very relyable when you see that only 59.5% Earned 1,000 Credits or 64,2% Completed a Cypher AKA Completed the VERY FIRST Mission of the starter Quest.

44 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

You continue to white knight and deflect in this thread now? RJ supposed to be the largest release of the year, that has been hyped for several years. If the only thing it did was to slow down player decrease - it is a complete failure. Old blood and everything that followed it pretty much had a negative effect on the game, due to questionable concepts, buggy releases and false advertising

.tdF97aJ.png

Its post like this that restore my faith that the forms still have people that can use logic and reason,,, some of these “Railjack was a success post” had me wondering how much DE Kool aid tenno had been drinking…..I’m coining a term,  DE Stockholm syndrome…. It’s the next level of white knighting…

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Reminder: Those are ALL steam users who ever downloaded the game.

You can see that those 1.1%, even if its a measure of statistic, is not very relyable when you see that only 59.5% Earned 1,000 Credits or 64,2% Completed a Cypher AKA Completed the VERY FIRST Mission of the starter Quest.

Really good point. Still, the majority of players don't have a railjack. Fingers cross the significant quests don't sit behind it.

Edited by AltheusV

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

.tdF97aJ.png

Look at the actual % retention which shows an increase from october through december.

You can even see it on your little graph, yet you decide to ignore it. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Sapphirya said:

I'm skeptical aswell, but I dont intend to cry wolf before I've seen how things actually pan out and come together. Hence the whole "planned for" instead of saying "it's coming with phase 3". Because the facts are that it is planned for phase 3, if they deliver on that is a whole different story.

20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Look at the actual % retention which shows an increase from october through december.

You can even see it on your little graph, yet you decide to ignore it. :facepalm:

Keep you strawman friends at home. My point is not that RJ did not generate any attention; my point is RJ did not generate nearly enough attention to call it a success. Reasons and consequences have been spoon fed to you many times.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-02 at 8:28 AM, White_Matter said:

Not sure if bringing in more players will liven it up. Especially in the long run. Like most of the games content, it burns out really fast because there is no sustainability. It is a niche game mod that comes to an end once you get a few MK3 stuff and upgrade your RJ. There is literally no incentive to play after that.

The only way RJ will be viable is if it somehow is intergrated in to the core gameplay. Other wise given it's limited content and detachment from the main game, it will join the graveyard of good concepts executed poorly. Which is pretty sad because I initially loved RJ.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

With this new event coming if I was DE I would be seriously offering a ton of incentives and rewards for actual Rail Jack owners, because whew making an event where players can only participate due them being early adopters is really brave...lol

Well, some new turret variant would be good enough for me. Perhaps some homing missile turret that deals slightly lower damage but able to chase enemies, short ranged flak cannon that shoots like a shotgun or high caliber railgun turret that shoots slowly but snipe enemies like a champ

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

With this new event coming if I was DE I would be seriously offering a ton of incentives and rewards for actual Rail Jack owners, because whew making an event where players can only participate due them being early adopters is really brave...lol

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Well, some new turret variant would be good enough for me. Perhaps some homing missile turret that deals slightly lower damage but able to chase enemies, short ranged flak cannon that shoots like a shotgun or high caliber railgun turret that shoots slowly but snipe enemies like a champ

"Reworked" arcanes sold by Duck will be your main rewards 

tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Keep you strawman friends at home. My point is not that RJ did not generate any attention; my point is RJ did not generate nearly enough attention to call it a success. Reasons and consequences have been spoon fed to you many times.

Because you clearly dont understand the statistics.

You have 3 content releases that go hand in hand, the last one bing RJ take flight or well Empyrean phase 2. The people that were interested in that release would be there already at phase 1 i.e drydock, in order to build their railjack and be ready for phase 2. The the actual increase of players should be added up for those 3 releases, since there was not drop off period in between like most other releases have.

And the increase from a content release in this case is around 35%, due to there being no actual drop off between the three. So the best we have to look at is if empyrean managed a good retention rate following Old Blood, which it did since phase 2 even increased the population further for that month.

It doesnt matter if your graph goes up and down, because the only interesting number is the concurrent player avarage and the percentage increase or decline tied to it over those 3 months. And the avarage went up, up and up throughout those months. I'm fairly sure this was followed by a drop in january when people were "done" with those 3 pieces of content.

Edited by SneakyErvin