Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brawler frame idea

Flxckaveli

I don't have a name for this frame as of yet, but I really wanted to get the idea out there as I would love love love to see a brawler/fist fighter warframe added to the game.
The general premise is that a lot of the gameplay is focused around (literally) throwing hands and being in the middle of the fight.
They excel when they are in the fray with a lot of enemies.
Their weakness generally arises when they are unable to reach enemies.
I wanted there to be an incentive for players to entertain the idea of forgoing ranged weapons with the idea thriving in melee combat while making it more engaging and fun.
Thematically the idea is that the frame itself isn't initially throwing the punches, it's more of a spectral force doing it initially(think sorta how Jojo's does it here)
Image result for za warudo punch

Armor 800

Shield 0

Health 400

Energy 250

Sprint Speed 1.2

Aura Madurai

Base Polarities: 1 Madurai, 1 Vazarin

Passive: When equipped with only a melee weapon, gain 20% life-steal on melee attacks and increases damage from Sparring and Fist weapons by 20%.

1) Savage Hook:
Using the gif above as a visual, upon activation, the warframe, while maintaining an outwardly non-combative stance, will let loose a ghostly, wide right hook. A second activation of this skill within a short window will follow up with a left. 
Battle Trance Effect: Hold to let loose a rapid barrage of punches, movement speed is reduced while active, similar to what's shown below.Image result for Seth SFV ora
[This ability is affected by the passive and weapon mods]

2) Battle Trance:
The warframe takes on a glowing appearance with a faint aura that becomes more visible and brighter with each stage while gaining increased armor[30%/40%/50% (+a fraction power str) +(armor value)] and damage[50%/60/100% (+power str)]  as well as augmenting some abilities.
This ability can be held to increase the effect per stage. The higher the stage the more of energy per second this ability drains

3) Lunge: 
The warframe launches themselves towards a direction in an arc. If the they come in contact with an airborne enemy, the target is grab and slammed on the ground. If no airborne enemy is grabbed, the warframe lands, creating a large impact zone that suspends enemies caught in the radius for 1 second and they are violently slammed into the ground dealing damage.
Battle Trance Effect: If an enemy is caught while airborne, it is slammed into the ground knocking enemies up and away from the impact zone. If an enemy isn't grabbed while airborne, the impact zone is larger and deals more damage.

4) Soul Combatant
Once you unlock your 4th ability you'll gain access to a 'super' meter, similar to that you'd see in a fighting game. 
The more damage you do the more your meter rises. Upon reaching 100% meter, you'll be able to activate your ultimate ability: 
Upon activation, a face is given to the ghost fighting along side you. The warframe summons a spectral unit that uses exclusively hand to hand combat that goes off to fight on it's own. Pressing and holding the button while targeting something will have the 'ghost' target and fight whatever you are currently fighting. While this is active, the 1 ability will function a little differently as it's now the warframe throwing the punches with it's stance changing to a more combat ready stance and instead of a spectral arm but will have shorter range as a result.
When you activate Savage Hook the spirit will also mimic the ability(even with Battle Trance active)
In addition, if you press(not hold) the button again while there is at least 50% meter available, you and the Soul Combatant will unleash a large burst of energy at where you are aiming, draining the rest of the meter and ending this effect.
This ability will stay active until the super meter runs out either by second activation or by time limit.

Inspiration:  I got a lot of the ideas for this from wanting melee in the game to feel more intense.
The ghost punch/arm idea was honestly more of an accident as that idea came from some of the unearthed arcana monk traits.
As for the 4th ability, I liked what Ash's ult did, and originally my idea was to have a lot of randomly placed clones that mimicked whatever the player did, but that changed into the one unit as placed here. 
As for the statline, I wanted the frame to be durable, but I wanted there to be a reasonable drawback to it's growth and how mods would affect it. 
I wanted there to be decent energy for frequent ability usage but I didn't want it to be an absurd amount to rival that of nova and the like.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Flxckaveli

This is pretty freaking good!!! I have near 0 complaints aside from the grabbibng airborne enemies and slamming them into the ground. I LOVE the flashiness of aerial fighting HOWEVER im not seeing the advantage of doing this over simply using the ability to slam into the ground. You said it deals more damage and effects more enemies if i dont grab an airborne enemy so why would i grab the airborne enemy?

I feel like that one enemy should always cause an aoe attack when you slam the enemy to the ground, and that single enemy should deal more damage to surrounding enemies. To keep it from being spammed make it cost A LOT more energy so players save it for emergencies. Almost like an alternative ultimate ability.

Other than that, i love this. Kinda wish it was a girl cause then id turn it into Raven from Teen Titans lol

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

I had the idea of the grab attack as sort of a way to manage enemies that are out of range.
I had in mind the player would opt out of using a ranged weapon of sorts when thinking of how it'd work.
As for the appearance of the frame I had no idea for male or female for it, personally I think either one could work 🙂

But thank you SO much for he feedback, that's actually really surprising to hear!

Edited by Flxckaveli
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Flxckaveli said:

I don't have a name for this frame as of yet, but I really wanted to get the idea out there as I would love love love to see a brawler/fist fighter warframe added to the game.
The general premise is that a lot of the gameplay is focused around (literally) throwing hands and being in the middle of the fight.

honestly I like this idea. But mostly I was thinking that atlas should be reworked into using his fists more often for an Asura type feel, if you've ever seen Asuras Wrath. If you haven't its a great game and I recommend it. He def needs a rework vs adding another frame that does what he should do.

On 2020-03-01 at 10:26 AM, hugeblackdude said:

honestly I like this idea. But mostly I was thinking that atlas should be reworked into using his fists more often for an Asura type feel, if you've ever seen Asuras Wrath. If you haven't its a great game and I recommend it. He def needs a rework vs adding another frame that does what he should do.

I've thought about this comment ever since you wrote it, and while I do think Atlas does need a rework of some sort, I would love for there to be diversity in those kinds of frames that have some aspect of 'throwing hands'. And currently the only frames that 'do' that, and I used that term loosely are Atlas and Baruuk. Conceptually I love them, but in my onion they don't deliver the 'get in there and punch sh*t' theme. Atlas more than Baruuk, but I think both of them can be worked to do it better. Valkyr is a very close contender, but it's solely located in her ult and warcry and thematically isn't necessarily a "duke it out" frame rather "go crazy, ahhh. Go stupid aaa!"

what if Savage hook ends in an upper cut in BT acting as a launcher to fallow up with Lunge, and maybe Lunge (BT) can have a teleport effect to get you in on an enemy. You really want to treat him like a fighting game character where with proper timing you can flow from ability to ability for combos.

Just now, (PS4)TeynKu said:

what if Savage hook ends in an upper cut in BT acting as a launcher to fallow up with Lunge, and maybe Lunge (BT) can have a teleport effect to get you in on an enemy. You really want to treat him like a fighting game character where with proper timing you can flow from ability to ability for combos.

OOOH, I like this A LOT.
I had in mind a three hit combo for the Savage Hook but I wasn't sure, but this is really good

Maybe for the Fourth have the Stand(yes Im calling it a stand) act as a translucent armor around the frame, BT gives it more arms, so when you use SH your double, triple and quadrupling the number of hits as well as damage. Lunge you can instead launch the stand and grab the air born enemies and throw them back into the frame waiting with a double ax handle slam. Have all of this build up into a combo meter so if the stand is on a time limit, or energy burn, or decast it can preform some sort of massive attack converting the combo counter into an amount of damage in a certain range, hell maybe even result in a little Za Worldo locking enemies in place. also with no shields your gonna want some form of HOT or energy production.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

Maybe for the Fourth have the Stand(yes Im calling it a stand) act as a translucent armor around the frame, BT gives it more arms, so when you use SH your double, triple and quadrupling the number of hits as well as damage. Lunge you can instead launch the stand and grab the air born enemies and throw them back into the frame waiting with a double ax handle slam. Have all of this build up into a combo meter so if the stand is on a time limit, or energy burn, or decast it can preform some sort of massive attack converting the combo counter into an amount of damage in a certain range, hell maybe even result in a little Za Worldo locking enemies in place. also with no shields your gonna want some form of HOT or energy production.

This is a hot idea too, I'm loving all of the ideas I'm seeing for this, I didn't even think of the idea for another resource/meter

Edited by Flxckaveli

35 minutes ago, Flxckaveli said:

This is a hot idea too, I'm loving all of the ideas I'm seeing for this, I didn't even think of the idea for another resource/meter

yea I was thinking basically like a Super meter in fighting games. This frame would be an awesome partner to my wrestling frame concept too. Between the two we can get Super Frame Fighter Two Tenno Edition

3 minutes ago, (PS4)TeynKu said:

yea I was thinking basically like a Super meter in fighting games. This frame would be an awesome partner to my wrestling frame concept too. Between the two we can get Super Frame Fighter Two Tenno Edition

This makes me wonder how often ideas are pulled from here and are implemented into the game

• 2 years later...