Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What will be the new hildryn's passive?

Darkncoldead

Hildryn is still going to be a hot dumpster fire though even after this patch, unless they have some hidden changes for her they havent shown. 25% damage reduction to shields wont help her much, and new enemy armor means less shields back from her pillage.

17 minutes ago, Vahnstahd said:

Hildryn is still going to be a hot dumpster fire though even after this patch, unless they have some hidden changes for her they havent shown. 25% damage reduction to shields wont help her much, and new enemy armor means less shields back from her pillage.

enemy armor is getting nerfed...

wait never mind, I'm smooth brain

Edited by Thural

Maybe they could lower the full armor stripping cap from Pillage from 400% power strength to something halfway reasonable...like 200%?

I actually like Hildryn but she is dependent on certain mods to make her really effective or certain support frames to keep her alive at higher levels. Being able to use Pillage or a primary/secondary weapon while in power 4 would help. Greater base range for Balefire would be nice.

28 minutes ago, Darkncoldead said:

since every warframe is getting shield gating then what would be new hildryn's passive?

they didn't say anything about it on the livestream.

To copy paste from myself, she doesn't need a new passive yet

The devstream implied that the invulnerability most frames get upon a shield gate is very short, about 1 second or so. Hildryn gets 3 seconds. In addition, Hildryn also has an overshield gate in addition to her shield gate, which I highly doubt other frames will get. AND Hildryn is immune to Toxin damage while she has overshields

So while Hildryn is no longer unique, she still has bonus benefits that don't make her feel entirely obsolete

• Like 4

Tbh at this point they should just make her pillage useable while in aegis storm for 50% less shield return, also just make the armor stripping a secondary effect and make pillaged shields a % of enemies total hp and shields. Itd be nice if we could also at least use our primary and secondary during aegis storm.

But back to the point being that her pillage is being technically nerfed but only slightly buffed at the same time, you will require less casts to make a huge difference in enemies armor, also to really make use of her "unique over shield gating" I think while she has over shields they take 50% less damage, then her normal shields do the 25% less damage.

Her passive still has merit, just means her shield gate is the best in the game. It's a good change for all frames though. 

Hopefully a couple frames still get reworks. Nyx and Valkyr need some love, and hopefully Chroma gets looked at with the removal of self damage....he could use a rework too.

3 hours ago, Vahnstahd said:

Are you serious though? Hildryn has high base armor, several dmg mitigation mods that she can use, aside from being immortal anyway. Another 25% dmg reduction should put her over 200% total reduction while in Aegis Storm--and you can maintain that ability indefinitely now thanks to her new augment.

Does anyone even play Warframe anymore? The lack of people talking about bug fixes has me worried here, there's far greater need to fix the real dumpster fires related to enemy AI and network code.

Edited by Morthal
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Morthal said:

Are you serious though? Hildryn has high base armor, several dmg mitigation mods that she can use, aside from being immortal anyway. Another 25% dmg reduction should put her over 200% total reduction while in Aegis Storm--and you can maintain that ability indefinitely now thanks to her new augment.

Does anyone even play Warframe anymore? The lack of people talking about bug fixes has me worried here, there's far greater need to fix the real dumpster fires related to enemy AI and network code.

Her base armor is moderate yes, but her low hp doesn't fair well with toxin procs regardless of armor, also her shields are consumed by all of her abilities and consumed by taking damage, this compounded with how clunky she is with pillage giving back less shields will be not so good. Then you face a situation with "you must run her augment for infinite shields" what if you dont want to run the augment. And you have to specifically mod for a damage reduction that high only for her shields to be actually viable...? Vs just literally playing every other frame benefitting from this patch. Hildryn needs tweaks with this patch.

10 hours ago, Vahnstahd said:

you are confusing her with inaros dude

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, she's strong looking, and is a "shield-frame", so I think maybe increased damage resistance when blocking with melee would be nice. and yes, I'd be up for Sword & Board Hildryn having 99% Damage Reduction, and no, I don't think that would be overpowered.

When you block with weapons you block all the damage now. weapons differ on the angel that they can block bullets from.

Il y a 18 heures, Vahnstahd a dit :

Armor value are not gonna change much before lvl 75ish, and when you know, I can fully refill her shields with a single pillage on that level range's grineer. Don't see what you're even going on about that.

You got a frame that, just with the right kubrow can sustain herself in the face of hell, immune to energy leech, strips armor, CCs entire map, can keep full shield and clear any status by pressing an ability that costs 20 times less shield than it refills, and that's gonna get 25% DR on top of adaptation, that's a dumpsterfire for you ? Well... You have very strict tastes buddy

16 hours ago, Vahnstahd said:

Hildryn needs tweaks with this patch.

She really doesnt.

Her shields are already very durable, with 25% mitigation ontop of that she will be even better and with a possible second shield gate (that doesnt seem to require you to get back to 100% shield before kicking in again) will just give her even better survivability.

You easily refill her shields on even lower level enemies, so the nerf to enemy armor wont have any real impact on her. And if you want reliable quick pillage, dump your duration stat since it doesnt benefit her at all. If you want a super scary in your face Hildryn slap a Rakta Dark Dagger on her. The only time she needs an augment for anything is if you wanna play around her #4 along with her #1.

4 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Armor value are not gonna change much before lvl 75ish, and when you know, I can fully refill her shields with a single pillage on that level range's grineer. Don't see what you're even going on about that.

You got a frame that, just with the right kubrow can sustain herself in the face of hell, immune to energy leech, strips armor, CCs entire map, can keep full shield and clear any status by pressing an ability that costs 20 times less shield than it refills, and that's gonna get 25% DR on top of adaptation, that's a dumpsterfire for you ? Well... You have very strict tastes buddy

Probably someone bad at building that just used hildryn once, got killed and abandoned her haha

2 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Hildry is a monster now, never dies in a mot survival arbie. I hope they don't break her with this new update.

Yes, either with ballefire surge ccing everyone with her 4 and not caring about drain or using fortitude/ fast deflection and rilloing guard makes her inmortal, I'm kinda scared

9 hours ago, Miser_able said:

Pillage clears status affects. It's not that hard to press 2 as soon as you get a proc. 

She's also immune to Status-based damage when she has Overshields.

On 2020-03-02 at 12:46 AM, Vahnstahd said:

Hildryn is still going to be a hot dumpster fire though even after this patch

Sounds to me like you just don't understand how to play her.

yall dont quite get that to make her this "immortal monster that cant die" requires a super dedicated modded build usually with arcanes to do, she should be more viable without having to mod her survival that hardcore, and no i did not play her once and die and quit, ive formaed her like 5 times and have tried alot of builds, I actually use her often despite her clunky design because I like her concept. Her abilities using shields on top of taking damage even with an extra 25% damage reduction will still be kind of annoying in my opinion, and less armor is in fact less shields back, she still gets no shields back from pillaging infested so I usually use her augment vs infested, hopefully this "status rework/buff" will make her baelfire miniature spirit bombs and make them a bit more worth using over secondaries since dual wielding them in aegis storm is just cosmetic.

hace 1 hora, Vahnstahd dijo:

yall dont quite get that to make her this "immortal monster that cant die" requires a super dedicated modded build usually with arcanes to do, she should be more viable without having to mod her survival that hardcore, and no i did not play her once and die and quit, ive formaed her like 5 times and have tried alot of builds, I actually use her often despite her clunky design because I like her concept. Her abilities using shields on top of taking damage even with an extra 25% damage reduction will still be kind of annoying in my opinion, and less armor is in fact less shields back, she still gets no shields back from pillaging infested so I usually use her augment vs infested, hopefully this "status rework/buff" will make her baelfire miniature spirit bombs and make them a bit more worth using over secondaries since dual wielding them in aegis storm is just cosmetic.

Super dedicated? my hildryn has like 4 formas(maybe a lot) and an aura forma (annoying but also isn't necessary like any aura forma), no arcanes, all mods are very common, rarest is blind rage and is still inmortal in almost any mission and also providing help to everyone

50 minutes ago, Anandil2 said:

Super dedicated? my hildryn has like 4 formas(maybe a lot) and an aura forma (annoying but also isn't necessary like any aura forma), no arcanes, all mods are very common, rarest is blind rage and is still inmortal in almost any mission and also providing help to everyone

what level of missions are you running? out of curiosity, im not trying to sound sarcastic.