The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Rhino armor

(XBOX)GodMasterTP

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

Reason?

See, his base armor is very low, he needs 2 arcanes to reach decent iron skin for end-game content.

With higher base armor, it will still be much better with arcanes but without them we won't suffer that much. I Have to use Health Conversion and 2 mods on my sentinel (and he can barely hold his own without dying) to reach 70-100k+ Iron Skin. The annoying part is honestly the sentinel mods.

1 hour ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Looking by the simplistic answer, you probably don't play Rhino a lot. With Ironclad charge and 300% strenght alone I can barely reach 50k Iron Skin, way less EHP than most Damage Reduction tanks.

Lol if that 50k armor isnt lasting for you maybe youre face-tanking too much. I mean I struggle around say lvl 70-80 with just what armor I get from a regular cast and then that 50k gets me well past say lv 100+ and that's not even a max str build I have.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

Looking by the simplistic answer, you probably don't play Rhino a lot. With Ironclad charge and 300% strenght alone I can barely reach 50k Iron Skin, way less EHP than most Damage Reduction tanks.

The person whom doesn't know how to play is you, and your apparent build reflects that pretty handily. Mayhaps you might do some reading before declaring anymore absolute facts which contain neither facts nor absolutes.

Edited by -Kittens-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rawr1254 said:

Lol if that 50k armor isnt lasting for you maybe youre face-tanking too much. I mean I struggle around say lvl 70-80 with just what armor I get from a regular cast and then that 50k gets me well past say lv 100+ and that's not even a max str build I have.

It still represents less EHP than most tanks, and they have a much better kit than Rhino. Nezha alone can reach 300k EHP with almost no effort, just some mods and 1 cast, while also having a stupidly overpowered kit and a skill that is much more effective at increasing damage.

Rhino has to do more, for less. Everyone is going crazy with arcane tanker Rhino while Nezha/Nidus can reach 300k EHP with 0 arcanes, while also having a decent kit, and their skills don't consume half their energy bar.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

I play mostly DPS and caster frames and don't think of Nezha's offensive kit as overpowered. He's a tank with benefits. Rhino's roar also has some arguable strengths that just doubling damage on a few particular enemies doesn't quite match - though we shouldn't mention the heat proc and the halved armor that comes with now. Stomp is a weaker take on Divine Spears, but if the rest of Rhino's kit made up for it, the ability would be fine. Even Charge doesn't seem like a pure downgrade from Firewalker for mobility purposes even if it lacks the CC. I feel like Iron Skin is the weak spot in his kit that could equalize them, because it's Rhino's signature ability but loses an awful lot for that last 10% of damage it resists.

10 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

I play mostly DPS and caster frames and don't think of Nezha's offensive kit as overpowered. He's a tank with benefits. Rhino's roar also has some arguable strengths that just doubling damage on a few particular enemies doesn't quite match - though we shouldn't mention the heat proc and the halved armor that comes with now. Stomp is a weaker take on Divine Spears, but if the rest of Rhino's kit made up for it, the ability would be fine. Even Charge doesn't seem like a pure downgrade from Firewalker for mobility purposes even if it lacks the CC. I feel like Iron Skin is the weak spot in his kit that could equalize them, because it's Rhino's signature ability but loses an awful lot for that last 10% of damage it resists.

Back then, Nezha used to be a worse Rhino, now he pulled a reverse Uno card.

Hmm. I never noticed he has lower base armor than Inaros. Yikes. Even if he got a Strength x flat value multiplier on damage absorption for Iron Skin, which he should, he probably should get raised from 190/275 to at least 300 /400 armor, if for no other reason than that his model looks like he's wearing at least that much.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alvengerz said:

I don't think rhino needs armor buff

YEAAAH, he needs Arcanes to reach 200-400k EHP with Iron Skin, meanwhile: Nezha and Nidus doing the same thing, with no arcanes, while having a decent kit.

That's the point bro, you're actually proving my suggestion even more necessary.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX
  • Like 1

Look I just feel bad for them, okay, there's something that's causing all of these poor souls to main Rhino and I keep seeing him in arbies, often just looking sort of sad with his Arca Plasmor and no apparent abilities while I'm meleeing and hula-hooping circles around him or helping to collect his revive points, and I think about the kind of attachment it takes to keep maining Rhino in 2020 and

okay I'm just being mean now

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CopperBezel said:

Look I just feel bad for them, okay, there's something that's causing all of these poor souls to main Rhino and I keep seeing him in arbies, often just looking sort of sad with his Arca Plasmor and no apparent abilities while I'm meleeing and hula-hooping circles around him or helping to collect his revive points, and I think about the kind of attachment it takes to keep maining Rhino in 2020 and

okay I'm just being mean now

See, Rhino is good. But the main problem with him is: 

- He has to do more, for less. 

That was always the problem. He has to sacrifice a lot to tank, get 2 arcanes, farm 1 entire reputation to max to make those arcanes usable, while other tank frames can do better with no arcanes while still maintaining their other 3 skills just as useful.

39 minutes ago, OrSpeeder said:

I play arbitration with Rhino...

Well... what frame I should use instead?

No one in particular, I was just taking the piss. I really do find Nezha most effective out of my frames once I'm 40 minutes or something into an arby as opposed to the DPS and caster frames I normally lean towards, so Rhino seems like a fine choice. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

ou're actually proving my suggestion even more necessary.

300K is youtuber rookie numbers. Whats the actual EHP Inaros can reach?  Cuz 700-800K is easy enough for Rhino rn (with higher numbers rarer but possible) with normal duration and range and that's what your armor buff would do if you think 300K is amazing. Build your Rhino better instead of having penis envy.

What I'm saying is more armor is not what Rhino really *needs*. Better augments, qol changes, Arcanes that proc. Those are far more essential changes that should be prioritized.

2 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

I'm meleeing and hula-hooping circles around him or helping to collect his revive points,

@OrSpeeder if you build him right for Arbies this is what your Rhino is gonna do too. There are no bad frames, only bad players. Although woulnt reccomend him on Defnse without Vazarin or a healer.

Now everyone take a minute to pray to the true immortal god of Arbitrations : Nyx with Assimmilate, Kuva Bramma and Void Dash mobility.

33 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Cuz 700-800K

Prove it, this kind of statement won't get you nowhere.

35 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Wait, did you just say that mass (damage and) CC, as well as Squad damage buffing,
does not actually succeed in reaching at least "decent" levels in your book?

All of that consume so much energy and pale so much in comparison to Nidus/Nezha.