Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Self-Damage and opinions

kwlingo

Have Cautious Shot be the mod needed to equip to trigger self-damage.

Change:

• - 99% Self-damage  >  +99% Self-damage
  • - 15% Total Damage  >  +15% Total Damage

This will give the mod for Chroma to have an even greater buff. Simple fix

latest?cb=20191101055722

This negates the self-damage but you can still have it for Chroma buffs or if you like to self destruction its all yours. 🙂

Edited by kwlingo

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Personaly I'm glad they're putting a stop to Chroma self damage. It really limits encounter design.

True. I have never played self damage Chroma before but this does seem like possible super OP buff with self damage and Kuva Bramma.

Or just... realize that it's not an issue.

I've played chroma for a long time. Not once did I stand there blowing up my feet with explosives. I don't see why it's such an issue, other than people just being lazy.

• Like 2

Just now, Lion said:

Or just... realize that it's not an issue.

I've played chroma for a long time. Not once did I stand there blowing up my feet with explosives. I don't see why it's such an issue, other than people just being lazy.

This.

IMO, if you cannot get Chroma's buffs very quickly, then his buffs just aren't needed. I do not, nor will not use self damage to save a few seconds at most.

I really cannot get my head around the moaning. DE are finally removing a bad/poorly implemented mechanic, and now people are moaning they cannot abuse it on one frame, when said frame really doesn't need it.

As for calls for a rework, that leaves me nervous. I quite like Chroma's vex armour. I like the mechanics of taking damage to build up survivability, then using that survivability to build up damage. Its perhaps a bit on the strong side, but quite addictive. It is a shame that Chroma relys mostly on that, but i'd rather take that then have it nerfed and the other abilities get reworked into more meh. DE hasn't had the best track record on reworks as of late

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kierogonal said:

DE hasn't had the best track record on reworks as of late

I don’t know about you, but I find post rework Wukong, Vauban, and Ember to be very fun and can compete in modern content that is not Eidolons. Sure they are not as hillariously broken as before (see old Wukong Defy making him immortal) but at least they are still strong and importantly more fun and encourage active play.

If DE wants to nerf Vex Armor but make all the other 3 abilities to be more powerful and gives more impact to gameplay I would take that trade off, as long as they don’t nerf the ability to the ground that is.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

It really limits encounter design.

no it doesn't, not in any way whatsoever does it impact the content in the game.

1 hour ago, trst said:

Or use this as yet another excuse to give Chroma a proper rework instead of the frame continuing to be propped up by gimmicks?

ok, yes
but i'd want a Self Damage opt in either way. stronger than just 1.15x, but i want the concept. 2.0x or 3.0x Damage, but i can Kill myself with my Weapon.
i don't want it for Chroma (because Chroma is boring, and obsolete from nerfs anyways), i just want it in general.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

No more band aids

We chroma mains want a rework.

Agreed 100%. Though be careful what you wish for, a rework in this context might well be synonymous with a nerf.

Also, I never really understood the point of self-damage on Chroma. Is it really that hard to get shot a bit?

Salty Opinion, Chorma mains (or rather some conservative chroma mains); if a frame is only viable while using a particular side effect game mechanics; it need to reworked. So the better fix for the Chroma tears, is to ask DE for a rework. Vaubans cried for it, Embers cried for it; both of them got it, a fairly good one at that too. So rather than trying to revive a half baked game mechanics; I think, everyone should ask for a Chroma rework.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

No more band aids

I am completely in agreement with you. I dont understand why many other chroma mains arent thinking ahead like you. It is possibly the best way to ask for a rework of chroma; which would in all honesty will make the frame top of the line. 

• Like 2

Since a lot of players just instantly get 100% of the Vex Armor buff through self-damage, why not just change the skill to just give you 100% of the buff immediately? Why even bother modifying Cautious Shot like this or having other self-damage gimmicks?

"When Shields are hit, Chroma and nearby allies' Armor grows stronger, when Health takes a hit, Weapon Damage increases. Active for a limited time, maximum increases corresponding to rank."

Becomes

"When Shields are hit, Chroma and nearby allies' Armor grows stronger, when Health takes a hit, Weapon Damage increases. Active for a limited time, maximum increases corresponding to rank. Lose 100% of your shields and 50% of your health."

I mean, isn't this how players essentially use Chroma now? Oh sure, you have to spend some seconds damaging yourself... (which sounds stupid).

Edited by nslay
Added simulated self-damage... skill just does it for you
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

No more band aids

I am not a Chroma main, but I will fully support your desire for a rework that makes Chroma less of a Masochist Lizard and more of a Ferocious Dragon.

-waves banner of support-

there is only one course of action to be taken. you must harrass DE until our lord and saviour Pablo folds and confirms he will rework Chroma!

seriously though, I reckon there's a lot of potential, considering he ha 4 abilities AND 4  elemental modes, if all of them became powerful in different ways, we'd have one hell of a frame. Wukong, Vauban and Ember are better than ever, so I have little doubt that Chroma wouldn't become a beast with Pablo's golden touch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Since a lot of players just instantly get 100% of the Vex Armor buff through self-damage, why not just change the skill to just give you 100% of the buff immediately? Why even bother modifying Cautious Shot like this or having other self-damage gimmicks?

On some other threads people still want self damage in general game play. They believe self damage is a skill level of game play. This gives those players the ability to still trigger self-damage after update. If not allowing a menu option for the self-damage effect to trigger then they should allow it with this mod. Since this mod will be a complete waste just sitting in collection if not changed for game use.

This in turn is not only for Chroma specific but could also have Sortie missions and the high level self-damaging skill others are claiming with other frames, "Only explosive weapon with Cautious Shot"

Edited by kwlingo

DE just needs to have enemies proc more Radiation damage in missions and every other elemental damage in game. All they need to do is allow Radiation be the proc that can cause self-damage to yourself and you team mates... If we can for enemies balance the effect back onto Tennos.

But then there is a group of people who don't want self-damage on team mate?

I'd say this is a simple fix.

Edited by kwlingo