Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens and kuva

Okay this is getting a bit fishy.

You all probably heard about god rolls on rivens. But have you ever noticed how these god rolls are mostly on 0-20 rolls? Do you ever see a god roll with high rolls? Rarely. 

Proceeding to review numerous god rivens, and having a very good experience in rolling rivens, has made me think that this is correct. Many of them are 3,7,16 times rolled and even 0. But rarely any is rolled 30 times or more.

I think that no matter how many times you roll, if you dont get a groll by 20, chances are that you mostly will never get one after that.

And i have rolled few rivens above 50 rolls, and one above 150 rolls. Guess what? Nothing perfect! Think about the countless hours you spend farming kuva just to waste them and get nothing because of how horrendous this system is? Well. 800k+ kuva spent in one week. NOTHING perfect.

People realized it's better to sell off a decently rolled Riven to buy an unrolled one both in terms of time spent farming Kuva and potential loss of profit from wasted Kuva.

If you want perfect rolls I highly recommend employing this method and trying to sell yours for the same if not more than an unrolled copy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miser_able said:

That's probably because most people get fed up after 20-30 rolls and sell it off/melt it down/ transmute it. 

^this. only the most plat hungry are gonna sit at their mod console rolling Rivens for hours on end, as with all RNG, the odds are against you from the start.

I think another factor though - certainly judging by the forums - is Riven Disposition nerfs. now most of us already know that DE can and will change things over time, and we've come to accept that, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of Riven traders have experienced at least one of their favourite Rivens getting a reduction in power and then getting outraged because they spent X amount of plat and/or Y amount of Kuva getting it to that point. some of them may get so fed up with the system that they don't see a reason to keep on rolling, because why roll a riven 100 times on a weapon that is likely going to get a disposition nerf? this is why you have to be careful what Rivens you invest in, and remember that if it's for an objectively strong weapon, it will likely not remain that way forever. 

still, at least Kuva is much easier to obtain now than it used to be, so while you might not get a decent roll, you can still give yourself plenty of chances at one.

I've rolled countless rivens over the years just like many players have, this week I put 88 rolls into a Bramma and got MS Cc Heat neg recoil after not having a single decent roll in the previous 87. I rolled a Supra 100 times 2 years ago to get MS Cc Cd neg puncture, I had a Lanka with over 200 rolls Cc Cd Dmg neg zoom a few years back.

I rolled my Shedu a few weeks ago and got Ms Cd Elec neg recoil in 15 rolls.

I've certainly given up on some rivens before but not so much now as Kuva is so much easier to get.

RNG is a fickle mistress but RNG is just that, RNG in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Miser_able said:

That's probably because most people get fed up after 20-30 rolls and sell it off/melt it down/ transmute it. 

I've gotten about 7-8 rivens with 20+ rolls for trade in unrolled weapon rivens because they just gave up....only to to groll within a couple of rerolls because of that issue, if I'm spending ANY plat on rivens its all from Plat I've made from in game transactions with other players.

The more I've been playing the less plat I actually buy and just sell off rivens, mods, sets etc. I still buy the odd plat bundle in case I dont have enough for a deluxe set but If I buy plat I immediately spend it on stuff like that and do my best not to give any in these kinds of trades. 

If your using plat you bought yourself to buy rivens you might as well light your money on fire lol 

it used to be like that. Now you see godrolls with more rolls on the clock, this is due to kkuva being easier to obtain. 
the most efficient way is to buy a few unrolled and roll them all at the same time, it is a big kuva saving and the decent-but-slightly-worse rivens usually will find their buyer. 

>make new weapon that is extremely powerful and efficient (kuba bramma/catchmoon/fulmin/etc

>give it 3/5 riven dispo

>everyone goes crazy for rivens over these things 

>rivens for these weapons get nerfed along with the weapons themselves

>people end up with rivens/weapons that they spent time/plat/money on they wouldnt have bothered with if they were that way to begin with.

>profit. Sorry no refunds. 

Does this not seem icky to anyone else?

• Like 1

My experience from other games "RNG" mechanics is that stuff like rivens is never fully RNG( don t know if rng in Warframe is honest or not).

I wouldn t be surprised if certain stats are more difficult to get. Something like a -20% chance to get crit chance, crit damage, multishot on certain weapons.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

>make new weapon that is extremely powerful and efficient (kuba bramma/catchmoon/fulmin/etc

>give it 3/5 riven dispo

>everyone goes crazy for rivens over these things 

>rivens for these weapons get nerfed along with the weapons themselves

>people end up with rivens/weapons that they spent time/plat/money on they wouldnt have bothered with if they were that way to begin with.

>profit. Sorry no refunds. 

Does this not seem icky to anyone else?

I have stopped getting too invested into any new weapons for this very reason. Never liked to dabble with rivens in first place, since whenever I tried to buy some, people always tried to fleece me and when my turn comes to sell, nobody even offers half decent prices. It's a loony bin... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

-snip-

The only thing "icky" here is that people never learn.

Honestly how many times must that cycle repeat until people realize any investment on a Riven isn't permanent? Especially when the popularity of a weapon is almost solely tied to the performance of it and when people stack this with Rivens they're creating the exact situation themselves for Rivens to be nerfed.

• Like 1

ah I still remember my highest record is an arca plasmor riven with 140+ rolls. I also got a god roll mara detron before in less than 30 rolls so it all depends on luck. Last time I bought a top roll riven with 0 roll, what a luck the seller has, he just literally played a sortie and got 5K+ plat from the reward. That's why rivens price varies greatly and is exciting, rivens make the build unique and some people purposely buy some rivens with weird stats to test special builds. 

I have my Magnus rolled 1k+ times. Actualy it's already 1400+ rolls now and has D/MS/CD -punc on it.

Most ppl just cant bear with rolling trash stats over and over again which is too annoying and frustrating, unless you dont care cost and return at all. What's more these guys basicaly won't  sell the riven once they get what they want cuz, as I said, they dont care about price. Otherwise they are supposed to turn to the market, which is more economic compared to the time they spent on one single riven.

So why god rolls rarely show on high rolls?Few can reach high rolls and even fewer of them will appear in public view

19 minutes ago, Jangong said:

I have my Magnus rolled 1k+ times. Actualy it's already 1400+ rolls now and has D/MS/CD -punc on it.

Most ppl just cant bear with rolling trash stats over and over again which is too annoying and frustrating, unless you dont care cost and return at all. What's more these guys basicaly won't  sell the riven once they get what they want cuz, as I said, they dont care about price. Otherwise they are supposed to turn to the market, which is more economic compared to the time they spent on one single riven.

So why god rolls rarely show on high rolls?Few can reach high rolls and even fewer of them will appear in public view

1400+ rolls 😮 holy cow, you are legend

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LoneWolveYoutube:

I think it’s just that if people are committed to rolling a riven 200+ times it’s usually to keep it.  Also, most rivens are unrolled/low rolled so you’re just more likely to see a low god roll than a high one

right. and not everyone needs plat. for example i dont need slots, skins, boosters etc.

i could buy 7 day booster and rank up.