Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaXDuH

How do you accquire Catalyst?

Question

After finishing the stolen dream quest i got a catalyst and i kinda wanna use it on my Hek to mod this thing to my desire. But since i dont know of any other way to get another one of this and i only have one on my hand, i afraid i'll just waste it. Can someone tell me how to get more catalysts? I know i can get some from Cred offering but i wanna hold onto those incase some thing nice shows up in there like prime BP

9 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, PurrrningBoop said:

Orokin catalysts/reactors can be obtained by completing Invasions (rarely), Gift of The Lotus alerts, Sorties, bought for platinum, sometimes as a daily tribute reward.

Thanks. Also what are Sorties?

7 minutes ago, MaXDuH said:

Thanks. Also what are Sorties?

Sorties are special missions that will be assigned to you after finishing The War Within quest. 

The main way is from Nightwave. Reaching certain levels in NW grants you creds that you can spend in the NW shop to purchase things, catalysts being among them. Other than that, there’s a handful of other less common sources. Sorties (a series of 3 missions with different modifiers and objectives that rotate daily) have a chance of rewarding you with one. Gift of the Lotus alerts (specific alert missions that show up after devstreams with special rewards) sometimes give them. And occasionally invasions will also have catalysts as a payment, though that’s very rare. Other than that you can buy them in the market for a bit of plat as well.

All of the above are right, but a little "public secret" - when you start to gather more and more warframes, weapons, companions etc. you kinda can't depend on any of these sources to meet your need except for plat. So start grinding mods and prime parts for plat so you can buy whenever you choose. 

Hek is a good starter shotgun but you'll come across lots of other weapons that you might like far better. So yes, in the beginning really think hard about if you really want to use it on a particular weapon.

And as vegetosayajin said, except for outright buying with plat there's no reliable source for them.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Unbound_Ninja-_- said:

The main way is from Nightwave. Reaching certain levels in NW grants you creds that you can spend in the NW shop to purchase things, catalysts being among them. Other than that, there’s a handful of other less common sources. Sorties (a series of 3 missions with different modifiers and objectives that rotate daily) have a chance of rewarding you with one. Gift of the Lotus alerts (specific alert missions that show up after devstreams with special rewards) sometimes give them. And occasionally invasions will also have catalysts as a payment, though that’s very rare. Other than that you can buy them in the market for a bit of plat as well.

Thank you for the detailed information

2 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

All of the above are right, but a little "public secret" - when you start to gather more and more warframes, weapons, companions etc. you kinda can't depend on any of these sources to meet your need except for plat. So start grinding mods and prime parts for plat so you can buy whenever you choose. 

What prime parts would you suggest grinding for since mods are kinda random? Also how much do people pay for those on average?

21 minutes ago, MaXDuH said:

What prime parts would you suggest grinding for since mods are kinda random? Also how much do people pay for those on average?

Well tbh these things change from day to day. You pretty much want to see what is expensive at the moment and go for it.
Average for a prime warframe set is from 20-300+ (supply and demand principle)
look at https://warframe.market/ to see what goes on on a daily basis