Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for some friendly advise: Profit taker or Eidolon hunting

(PSN)grhs69

Question

Hi all,

Maybe I can get a little advice as I have been holding back from doing either of these mission types ( Profit taker or Eidolon hunting) as I tend to solo and don't want to make a pigs ear of it when I start trying these things out in public.

I have tried to read around the topics and see some videos and prepare my weapons but i am still unclear - and may be over thinking it.

Basically which public missions should I start to make the best game progression; Profit taker or Eidolon hunting as  - at least in my head - there seems to be a catch 22 in doing these things especially with regards to the use of arcanes.

Thanks for any feedback and advice people care top share in advance, and if i happen to fall into your public event in one of these missions, please be patient; I'll be doing my best!!

Have fun 🙂

G

A little background info.

I've progress past my original dad frame (mature player, I'm the one playing warframe now!!) although I don't have a mic for gaming. I'm lvl 14, I tend to use Rhino but plan to use my Chrome Prime with 3 forma and a 4 forma Rubicon arca plasmor (but only a rank 1 arcane nullifer - as a purchased these) and a 3 forma Akstiletto Prime  and 4 Orthos prime (and 30 level Redeemer) - not that I expect to CC much. I also have opened three of the operator focus groups but need to get a clearer idea of the group to focus on.  I am working on my second level with the quill as well as the Voz solaris (as I recall). I do need to make my first proper upgrade to my AMP but that also seems linked to the mission choice. 

5 answers to this question

Profit taker

Doing profit taker with no boosts -> Every one you do, will give a toroid that's worth 6K Little Duck's sindicate point, also get some debts that you can sell to ticker, plus 125k gold. And some chances of Archwing mods, 60/60 elemental and Critical Focus that sell for OK plat.

Farming them daily till you max Little duck and after that, buying some cheaps debts from ticker and then selling every debt you have to max also your daily fortuna sindicate.

With this, you can sell Pax arcanes Rank 3 (30-40 PL), and operator's arcanes, like Magus Lockdown, 70+ PL.

Profit taker is just another form of making plat for me and farm some gold too, Chroma ultimate double this gold (250K).

Eidolon Hunt

Max Onkko's sindicate daily, can sell Operator's arcanes and amp's arcanes, have to check warframemarket to see what's is worth to sell depending on cost. Lots of Arcanes if you learn to do it properly and can make some good plat with it, sometimes you be luck and do 300PL or more on it, but even without luck, they are a decent plat income (Arcane guardian, Fury, Aegis, etc).

Max all your focus School.

Eidolon Hunt is the best account progression you can do.

Edited by MPonder

Join a pub Profit Taker with a CC / tanky frame to help the random Chroma in the squad just to get the Profit Taker bounty-line done.

The rewards of this fight are completely lackluster and not worth replaying the fight, not to mention all the build investment you'd have to do if you were the main DPS of the squad.

Exploiter Orb also drops Crisma Toroid and Gems, which you can trade for much more standing than those bonds PT drops, but requires no forma investment in your builds.

If you already got Opticor Vandal, then you already have enough Diluted Thermia to max Little Duck's standing using only Crisma Toroids from Exploiter Orb.

Tridolon are worth running if you want to push your builds a little bit further with arcanes, but I'd hold off on it right now, because DE will release a new Operation soon that's gonna reward arcanes well. Maybe it's gonna be easier/faster/more accessible than Tridolon runs.

If Tridolon runs feel too overwhelming to you or you just don't wanna deal with the RNG, you can always farm plat and buy exactly the arcanes you want to skip all that.

Great advice thanks to you both. I think I'll focus on the Exploiter Orb orb approach for now. I did get an unintentional carry yesterday for the profit taker when I joined a public group and watched the pretty lights as the other three team members ripped apart the PT. So that bounty-line is done and I do already have the Opticor Vandal from soloing during the last fissure event two weeks ago.

I do need to offset the Platinum from buying various primed mods over the least couple of weeks, so I'll focus on that EO, improving my AMP and checking out the new mission when it comes. Perhaps in the coming months I'll grow up enough to try out the Tridolon 😄

I'd go with Eidolon hunting since you have to have max rank with solaris united AND vox solaris. Eidolon hunting's pretty straight forward and not really too hard to do since you're so high ranked, also it's not as buggy as taking on an orb mother