Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Glaive Replica! Just Don't Throw It!

Arkyhead

hey guys! thanks for the the reply's! i never thought it would be so popular haha. and i laughed so hard at some comments! :P

i would be honered if it will be showed at prime time, but for now.. i need to finish this thing!! xD almost on my way home, and into the dusty workshop haha. i still need to do the other side as it is still a flat surface, but picture will follow as soon as possible! :D

And thanks again, you guys are awesome!!!

Absolutely incredible. I would pay in blood to have the skills to make something like that, even only once.

i'm sure you are able to, and if you want to, just start practicing on stuff. make a simple dagger first or a simple short sword. just think in layers and start carving and sanding. i use a Dremel with mostly a sandband and just sandpaper to sculpt the MDF wood. if any of you guys have questions on how to do stuff, just ask me :) 

just don't be upset if your first build doesn't turn out that wel, my first build sucked ******. i have been doing this for 2 and a half years now, and finally getting the feel for it.

Woah! That's pretty sweet! Thanks for the inspiration, I've started working out the designs for a Glaive yo-yo. Thankfully, my work place is totally fine with me making stuff with our CNC machine as long as it's scrap material and it's during break. Only thing is I want a traditional shape, but all see-through except for the Glaive part (style points), and we don't have transparent material (aside from glass) that I can cut. Shopping trips ahoy, I'll make a separate thread for that.

Anyway, this is really awesome! Maybe at some point you can try a sturdier material that will allow for the use of the blade's joints, that would be incredibly amazing. (and fun to toss, as the force of rotation would cause it to open)

hey guys, thanks for all the intrest in my project here :D

just watched prime time, and @DEmegan thanks for mentioning my glaive :) to bad you couldn't show it haha (A)

i need to get this thing done asap so i can make a mold of it and make a durable replica of it. keep hanging arround for updates! :D

Thats a nice job :D

You planning to show up on conventions with that?^^

that depends Gekker, i actually want to make a whole excalibur cosplay, but my friend needs to help me out with the soft material for the suit itself. the helmet i can make though, i have the high poly version of the excalibur helmet done already, just need a lowpoly version now to unfold it.

but i do not know if a convention will allow me to wear the glaive there in public. i think they might see it as a actual weapon instead of a prop.

make a mold of it once you finish, so you can make a steel version of it :3

it is a fun idea, but i won't be doing that. that way it would be a real weapon. and i do not make weapons. i make props :P

i want to practice my skills, because i want to create props that could be used in shortmovies (or bigger ones). so i will be making a mold out of it from rondo with a fiberglass mix. that way it will be extremely strong, durable, and sort of lightweight.

p.s. rondo is a mixture of car bondo, and resin. mixxed together it feels a bit like thick yoghurt. when you mix it with loose fibers, you can still pour it, and once hardened it gets really strong.

Looks a tad too big to me, but gosh diggity that'd make a fine mantlepiece.

thanks! ^^

and the reason why it looks quite big is because i am not tall haha. i actually measured the excalibur frame from a screenshot to the glaive itself, by deviding and multiplying with my own length you get the real length of the object itself. so if my calculations are right, it should be pretty dajumm close :P

hi guys, 

you might know that i am working on a braton replica, but since i need to get back to my school, it will be a more of a long term project that i will be working on, nonetheless.. i wanted to make something from the warframe franchise more quickly. so without further blabla.. i am working on the glaive! :D

scaling this thing was the hardest thing actually, and i finished sculpting on side today. the material i'm using for this project is plain and simple:

9 mm MDF wood.

Resin

Bondo

and allot of sandpaper from P80 to P400

so anyway picturetime!

001_zps9f9ce12c.jpg

002_zps56718e60.jpg

003_zps0fa31070.jpg

004_zpsbaf275f8.jpg

005_zpsbf69ddc2.jpg

006_zpsde9b3161.jpg

009_zpsed8ced4e.jpg

008_zps1371dcde.jpg

011_zpsd44d9ad1.jpg

010_zps7e25cdf7.jpg

now that i have one side done, i just need to carf out the other side, and then i can smooth it out with some bondo and paint it :D

wel i hope you guys like it so far, so leave a comment belooowww xD 

or if you have any questions at all about this prop or anything in general feel free to ask! i'm glad to help any beginner prop builders out :)

but for now.. Arkyhead out!

Little bit too big

Little bit too big

and the reason why it looks quite big is because i am not tall haha. i actually measured the excalibur frame from a screenshot to the glaive itself, by deviding and multiplying with my own length you get the real length of the object itself. so if my calculations are right, it should be pretty dajumm close :P

Apparently it's not too big, but he's rather small. Or Excal is damn tall.

Doesn't matter though, still awesome.