Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Glaive Replica! Just Don't Throw It!

Arkyhead

wowowowow waitup!! we are not done here! we are going to mold this sucker! why have just one glaive?

oh.. one more thing. Yes! we are going to throw one!

027_zps24c87171.jpg

028_zps0ce7198d.jpg

029_zps84660813.jpg

030_zps7c912664.jpg

031_zps24b6cf39.jpg

hope you guys like it! :D

i wanted to send one to DE, but i think it would break while shipping. so megan and rebecca are getting the fangs instead :D

Edited by Arkyhead

Any chance of making a Glaive that can be thrown and is also foldable/retractable, like its ingame counterpart? I know it's a little farfetched, but a guy can dream, right?

indeed a guy can dream. but we are working on a solidworks model for the glaive. it might happen, but don't count on it.

we are trying to figure out how we can make it retract, but as far as we can do right now, it seems a bit of a far away goal. as the glaive folds up at 3 spots on each arm, there is a tricky mechanism needed to make it dual action.

To make it retractable my mind immediately went o something which is spring loaded so you could press a button (or something like that) and the blades would extend, but having to twist something to "reload" the springs.....hmmmm

and the metal casing, what will that be, a copy made of?

I await more info/news of this magnificent creation of yours!

Edited by QuinnsWing

To make it retractable my mind immediately went o something which is spring loaded so you could press a button (or something like that) and the blades would extend, but having to twist something to "reload" the springs.....hmmmm

and the metal casing, what will that be, a copy made of?

I await more info/news of this magnificent creation of yours!

we have been thinking of that already, but if you look at the ingame thing, it collapses at 3 spots on each arm, and if we do it, we want to make it dual action, so you can retract it the same way.

the metal casing you're looking at is a casing vor the mold. we are going to give it a clay bottom, then a latex layer with the glave it it, let it harden. and after that we bring on the other half of the glaive. this way we can make polyester replica's.

• 5 weeks later...