Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please reconsider some changes

Docholm

DE I hope you read this but I just heard about some of the developer updates and I am extremely worried about a few changes.

First off, the Serration affecting shields.  The way Serration has been viewed in the game has always been a bleed effect.  Shields can't bleed last I checked, they can be disrupted due to a power overload but to make it bleed makes zero sense.  Also this severely devalues it as a stat as it bypassed shields affecting the targets health instead.  This made the shielding of enemies bearable to deal with when augmented enemy shields was the modifier.  Impact should be doing like 10x the damage against shields instead of what it does now which is nothing.  This is what I'd recommend as an alternative to changing slashing damage to affect shields.

Second, the changing of the shotguns is not exactly helpful to players right now as there is no crit focused shotguns in the game.  If there were crit based shotguns in the game it would balance out the usage of how heavily built for status shotguns are as players tend to gravitate towards critical chance and damage more.  Even one shotgun being added that was designed with higher crit chance than status would be enough to change the Meta of shotguns.

Third, the problem with health scaling wasn't that much of a problem if you built properly but overall good changes.  The main problem though is the lack of addressing the corpus shotgunners carrying the Strun, for some reason they can just one tap you very easily and auto target and hit you upon hitting one shot range and you can't see the shotgun until it is too late due to how fast paced the game is, a suggestion to solve this is to increase the spread of the shotguns they use and making it so they are always firing instead of waiting for the player to get close.

Finally, the lack of addressal to toxin is a big problem to me as if the enemies have shields they should be taking less damage if any at all.  the shield should be mitigating toxin damage as it is environmental instead of being directly affecting them, once it can be applied via an arrow or physical bullet though instead of say the torid just splashing them.  As it is with the plan right now though, it is just telling players to build for toxin and ignore everything else.  As an alternative though I'd recommend changing it to have a higher damage output based on the amount of toxin you put on the weapon and make it so it is reduced by like 10-15% if the target afflicted has shields.

I hope you read this post and actually consider these things instead of just going through with it as is.

il y a 48 minutes, Docholm a dit :

Snip

1 - most likely we will also profit from this, I'll take DE trying to make our shields worth a damn over not being able to slash through corpus shield (that I burn through with overwhelming corrosive damage anyway, corpus shields are nothing outside of prodman hunt). And no one cares that shield don't bleed. If you want realism, bleed proc shouldn't bypass shields, NOR should it affect shield at all. Still want realism ?

2 - will have to see how that actually plays out. Yeah it also looks like a big nerf to me, but it'll surely be tuned over time, and with enhanced status it could even compensate. Nothing to be worried about imo.

3 - you're the first ever guy to complain about corpus shotgunner. Corpus snipers I would have understood a little bit, but strun ? That's your issue ? And ARMOR scaling was the issue, not health. Forcing everyone to go for any form of armor removal at high level, and nothing else. Lowering it might allow more build diversity.

4 - toxin's fine, leave it be. It even makes sense that poison can go through energy based shields. And again, bypassing shields is almost entirely useless as it is now. Outside of the very rare occasion you'll fight lvl 300 corpus, it just melts at the sight of any weapon, regardless of the element used. Even when using bypass strats against sortie 3 corpus, base damage would always eat through the shield before slash/viral or toxin could down the health, making the all process useless.

It feels like either

_respectfully, you just don't know well enough the game mechanics yet.

_equally as respectfully, you have really weird priorities.

_not so respectfully, you're straight up trolling me with weird suggestion. In that case, congrats, you got a wall of text out of me.

2 hours ago, Docholm said:

First off, the Serration affecting shields. 

I think you mean Slash*. Serration is the damage mod for rifles.

there is no crit focused shotguns in the game.

that's incorrect. Vaykor Hek and Corinth would like words with you.

The main problem though is the lack of addressing the corpus shotgunners carrying the Strun,

enemies with shotguns are supposed to do high damage though: that's the point of a shotgun. I'll admit that they get strong on the least 3 nodes (Aten, Mithra & Mot) due to the T4 multiplier being left in place. your best tactic against any shotgun enemy is to simply keep you distance and evade as best you can. 

the shield should be mitigating toxin damage as it is environmental instead of being directly affecting them,

did you actually read the Dev Workshop? DE explained that they wanted both Slash and toxin to have a role: slash would be allowed to bypass armour (as it always has) but no longer bypasses shields to ensure better DPS vs armoured enemies, while Toxin would be the opposite: Toxin bypasses Shields as it always has but is stopped by armour, making it a better choice for Shielded enemies. of course, one can easily build for both slash and toxin with high status, so I reckon that will remain as strong as it ever has, if not become even stronger.

if toxin didn't bypass shields, then what would be the point? it would be as useless as Magnetic damage is now. 

• Like 1

It looks like the three players that commented before me made it obvious this guy doesn't completely understand what he is talking about. Before jumping to conclusions, be sure you have a good grasp on the subject you're critiquing.

Edited by z3us32610