Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Main factors that makes the game unbalanced

Darklord_Tou

In this thread i wanna point out factors that makes the game as unbalanced as it is-

1.Infinite Energy: Since you can recharge your energy really fast thanks to energy pizza/ Energy vampire/ arcanes etc. you get spamming meta which results in braindead gameplay. You never have to bother thinking about energy and just spam spam spam away... boring af.

2.Infinite health: Again like energy hp is a non-factor since you can regen it really fast with operator arcanes and what not. Atleast life steal required some trade off and thought effort.

3.Scaling/%/Difference of stats: On a well balanced game you have squishy character that can tank 100 hp before he dies while a tanky character can tank 300 hp. On warframe however its like squishy can tank 100 hp and tanky is 500k hp simply with regen+dr etc. Same goes with low dps and high dps character and so on. So i want to know whoever makes this number decisions does he even know how to use a calculator?

So i am probably forgetting some other factors so feel free to point those out.

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb akrid45:

The community won't allow the game to become more difficult and it's a shame 

Only difficult DE so far added was bulletsponges, i rather prefer bosses wtih actual mechanics, rest of the game is a horde shooter and always was, feeling powerful is what makes this game, gameply and fun over difficulty, a good mix would be nice tho still but not in such ways.

• Like 2

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Darklord_Tou:

In this thread i wanna point out factors that makes the game as unbalanced as it is-

1.Infinite Energy: Since you can recharge your energy really fast thanks to energy pizza/ Energy vampire/ arcanes etc. you get spamming meta which results in braindead gameplay. You never have to bother thinking about energy and just spam spam spam away... boring af.

2.Infinite health: Again like energy hp is a non-factor since you can regen it really fast with operator arcanes and what not. Atleast life steal required some trade off and thought effort.

3.Scaling/%/Difference of stats: On a well balanced game you have squishy character that can tank 100 hp before he dies while a tanky character can tank 300 hp. On warframe however its like squishy can tank 100 hp and tanky is 500k hp simply with regen+dr etc. Same goes with low dps and high dps character and so on. So i want to know whoever makes this number decisions does he even know how to use a calculator?

So i am probably forgetting some other factors so feel free to point those out.

Sorry, I have to call this BS, as BS as Dev Stream 139.

Before Eidolons dropped Arcanes, I didn't even have any Arcanes. The only thing Arcanes changed for me was a higher flexibility in Warframe choice.

To me Warframe is unbalanced since mods and formas were introduced and maxed. I never felt the same challenge again that I had as a starting player when your team organized roles for a Mobile Defense and damage type choice was decisive...

The real crux with Warframe is the lousy AI and the dev's necessity to cater all kind of players.

I'd hoped Railjack would bring a small island where skill could matter for a change, but it got drowned in mods again.

The planned Arcane changes won't change much in the end.

15 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

"Infinite Energy" is exactly what makes the game fun. We only need enemies to withstand a bit longer than what they do currently until lvl 400+ and that'd be perfect

For some abilities, yeah. For others it's a problem.

Infinite energy on Wukongs Wuclone, Wisp's teleports, Nidus's stomp what have you? Yeah, fun, and you can make a game around it. Kirby manages it just fine. The player remains engaged, there's a lot of different gameplay opportunities and it's all good. Game doesn't have to be Dark Souls to be balanced.

Infinite invulnerability, invisibility (which is, practically speaking, invincibility), infinite room-clearing damage potential, infinite enemy freeze? That's a problem, because DE can't make enemies that are engaging to fight without making them immune to those abilities, because abilities like that are functionally 'disengage with the gameplay' buttons. Using Kirby as an example again, there's a reason why Crash, Cook, Mike, Paint and what have you other screen-nuke abilities are so restricted despite Kirby being built from the ground up to be easy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Only difficult DE so far added was bulletsponges, i rather prefer bosses wtih actual mechanics

Problem is, they can have all the fancy mechanics you can think of, but still if you bi/tri-shot them you will not even notice.

And De introducing only bulletsponges and immortality phases is a syptom to understand how broken the damage system actually is. At the point to which whatever Boss/Mini Boss to have not a gating/immunity phase get annhilated in max 3 secs. 

You watch the game only as a player, blaming Developers incapacity, but what would you actually do to give a challenge which could not be trivialized at the current state? I tell you, the exact same things. 

you cant balance this game. ITS NOT POSSIBLE!

overwatch is "balanced" for team play if everybody take same heroes and you switch sides.

but even here there are players who are tired after work and like to harass own team in voice chat and there are players who sleep a lot, train aiming skills 3-4 hours before games, drinking a lot of water, go to fitness (boxing is very good for reaction and brain activity) and train memory and intellect. i know that because i done it for many years. you get aiming skills better then aimbot and can predict player movement and in the background your brain calculate current situation and give you tips what to do... if you have tired people or toxic trolls in team you will lose. dont forget hardware, internet connection and other things...

I do agree to this you know, problem is tho they put themself in such states, Primed Mods, Riven Mods, Overpowered Weapons and Warframes which they nerf after realising the mess they do. Problem is tho how often they repeat this and how often want to circle around such and repeat the same mistakes like this. Intorducing new things eather worthless due already exisitng things or to strong making old stuff obselete.

It is of course a big difference between programming or playing the game but they do streams and play it don't they. We can atleast expect a minor understanding about such then can we?

I mean they do say as exampel they like this and that Frame and want it to be better, yet we never see any change on such at times and or it even gets replaced with a new idea which gets dropped once again like so many times before, Codex, Archwing, Simaris, etc. All things that never got worked on again and or tooekd years to have a look at again at all.

Don't get me wrong i like DE and this game but just because it does things better as others and is free not means we can't critisize it for certain things, after all people still pay in some way even if the main game is free. They still do better then then Triple A games and mostly stayed on the ground i tihnk, tho with Railjack as example they overdone it to themself i believe.

This is a PVE game. Making everything well balanced is not really necessary but obviously that's what they are trying to do in the recent patchs.

Nerf everything that can be used(maybe "abused" is prefferd ) conveniently (braindead) because they are not able to make everything OP

The entire game is unbalanced.....there's not "just a few things" lol.

It's the game itself. If you want to play another game with heavy restrictions you're more than welcome.

You would have to nerf all the mods: why are we letting people have more than 100% range? Because that's part of the games and mods mechanics.

Just give it up.

I've played support many times. Get rid of all the pizzas and I'll just turn into the most OP EV Trin you've ever seen.

Then I guess you'll finally go after Trinity. Welp, here comes harrow.....