Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trip to Space contest

Of course they wont tell who is the person who won 250 Grand.

I remember the person here who won 40 Million Brazillian Reais in the loterry and he told everyone who he was.

Lets just say the money did not last long, so many friends appeared. And I'm unsure what happened to him.

Let that sink in.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I remember the person here who won 40 Million Brazillian Reais in the loterry and he told everyone who he was.

Lets just say the money did not last long, so many friends appeared. And I'm unsure what happened to him.

Let that sink in.

It's not that they didn't announce who won. It's more that they have deleted the contest page and not said anything at all about even having picked and got in touch with the winner. There's nothing to be found about the conclusion to the contest. A contest that asked people to log on for a few months to increase their chance of winning.

The complete radio silence feels a little shady since this contest was one of their main attempts to grab headlines last Tennocon. I'd like to know if they paid the 250k or not.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

It's not that they didn't announce who won. It's more that they have deleted the contest page and not said anything at all about even having picked and got in touch with the winner. There's nothing to be found about the conclusion to the contest. A contest that asked people to log on for a few months to increase their chance of winning.

The complete radio silence feels a little shady since this contest was one of their main attempts to grab headlines last Tennocon. I'd like to know if they paid the 250k or not.

At the very least it'll make it hard to get people hyped about any future contests like this if the conclusion is just silence.

• Like 2

I’m kind of curious too, though I respect any prize-winner’s privacy.

I’m not familiar with how contests with cash prizes announce their conclusion. Do other contest hosts usually post it on their website or something? Or does it appear in the publications that showed the contest in the first place?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

49 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Let that sink in.

trust me if they actualy gave out the reward they would mention it millions of time on devstream and on forum.

Just now, Darklord_Tou said:

Lol nobody knows nobody cares... hopefully they use those money to actually improve the game and not with failed PR stunts.

I actually care if a big company like DE uses shady methods to market their game/grab headlines and also attempt to boost their player count by promising players a better chance at money they are keeping at the end of the contest.

And if you haven't noticed, their PR stunts are costing them a lot already so it's not like the money is going to make the game better. Like what exactly have we gained from that cinematic trailer they paid people to make for last Tennocon?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m kind of curious too, though I respect any prize-winner’s privacy.

I’m not familiar with how contests with cash prizes announce their conclusion. Do other contest hosts usually post it on their website or something? Or does it appear in the publications that showed the contest in the first place?

Everyone hold the phone. Drop what you’re doing and listen up.

I just answered my own damn question regarding this particular contest, no thanks to you guys and your speculation.

https://www.warframe.com/contest-rules

At the very bottom is how you find out who won.

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Calling out speculation
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Speculating what? That we can no longer find out? Zip it and read the text in the link you provided.

Greybones has a point though. Those instructions were available since the contest announcement, so if you didn't look it up before the deadline, then that's on you.

Edited by General-Pacman

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m talking about your reference to the radio silence.

How is that speculation? Can you provide anything from DE this year about the winner? Because I see nothing on twitter or in the announcement subforum. Perhaps you have me confused with those decrying it as a scam, who are speculating.

In actuality, I'm just curious because it's better PR for them to make a big deal about it, not to say nothing on the matter and hope we all know where to go to look up winners.

2 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

Greybones has a point though. Those instructions were available since the contest announcement, so if you didn't look it up before the deadline, then that's on you.

What point? There is no point here. Yes we could have looked it up, but DE also could have said "congrats to the winner, if you're interested go to xyz for information". I guarantee a large majority of us weren't aware that that was the method of finding out.

Again, just doesn't make sense to not make a big deal about this.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-03 at 3:10 AM, DeMonkey said:

How is that speculation? Can you provide anything from DE this year about the winner? Because I see nothing on twitter or in the announcement subforum. Perhaps you have me confused with those decrying it as a scam, who are speculating.

In actuality, I'm just curious because it's better PR for them to make a big deal about it, not to say nothing on the matter and hope we all know where to go to look up winners.

What point? There is no point here. Yes we could have looked it up, but DE also could have said "congrats to the winner, if you're interested go to xyz for information". I guarantee a large majority of us weren't aware that that was the method of finding out.

Again, just doesn't make sense to not make a big deal about this.

Look, I’m sorry for attacking you.

And you’ve gotta stop.

I don’t know if anyone among here knows why DE didn’t say anything, and without that knowledge where do we get our sense of how correct or incorrect we are regarding their motivations?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
Clarification

Just now, (NSW)Greybones said:

Look, I’m sorry for attacking you, but you’ve gotta stop.

Stop what? Being curious about things? :smile:

Are you attempting to tell me what I should think, because that's pretty sketchy.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I don’t know if anyone among here knows why DE didn’t say anything, and without that knowledge where do we get our sense of how right or wrong we are?

Dafeq are you bringing morality into this for? Are you alright? Bad day? Too much sugar in your tea?

Spoiler

Please don't snap at me for being curious again. :smile:

For DE's own reputation, it would actually make sense for them to tell us or at least make a quick announcement for their website about the contest winner having been found so that if anyone looked it up they could find the announcement and go "oh, okay, seems legit".

Instead of searching, finding nothing and going "well, isn't that a bit weird?"

Just because players don't read the legal documents well enough until after some deadline the company running the promo for Warframe created doesn't mean that DE shouldn't inform us about the contest they sponsored. 

Anyway, while I was writing this I got an answer to the email I sent to that company asking if there was a winner and the answer is kinda funny:

Thank you for your interest in Warframe’s ‘Space Ninja Sweepstakes’.   We are excited to tell you that the wait is almost over – we have a sweepstakes winner.  Keep on the lookout for the announcement – coming soon!

In true DE fashion, the announcement is SOON(TM)! well past all deadlines. So who knows sine DE won't say anything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

For DE's own reputation, it would actually make sense for them to tell us or at least make a quick announcement for their website about the contest winner having been found so that if anyone looked it up they could find the announcement and go "oh, okay, seems legit".

Just because players don't read the legal documents well enough until after some deadline the company running the promo for Warframe created doesn't mean that DE shouldn't inform us about the contest they sponsored. 

Anyway, while I was writing this I got an answer to the email I sent to that company asking if there was a winner and the answer is kinda funny:

In true DE fashion, the announcement is SOON(TM)! well past all deadlines. So who knows sine DE won't say anything.

Huh. Guess that shows we should have expected a response.

That’s egg on my face then. You sent that e-mail just recently?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Huh. Guess that shows we should have expected a response.

That’s egg on my face then. You sent that e-mail just recently?

It took them 7 minutes to reply. Not really going to be holding my breath about that announcement they mentioned.

1 hour ago, wargthewarg said:

Indeed, that's all I'm curious about, especially if they want to hold a big PR thing like this again. Definitely need to be showing it off for future contest awareness.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Let that sink in.

Last time I was in Sao Paulo the rate was about 1usd to 2reais, I see its closer to 4.5 now. So that dude won somewhere between 9 and 20 million million USD and was dumb enough to tell everyone? 

Did he at least last longer than the money did?